+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Battle for Port Scion = Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Larrie View Post
    IF you keep rushing to the boss instead of wiping the opposition group of course it will be over in 2 minutes.

People seem to complain that there's no PvP yet they avoid other players and run for the NPCs?
    its the fact that it can be won in 2 min by pve, players will always take the path of least resistance to victory. both sides are simply zerging the nodes than the bosses. oh yay 2k prestige from pve.
    SKYeXile - Future Crew - PlanetSide - Taste the Rainbow
    Xile - Telara Rift Fellowship - Aion - WAR - RIFT

The colour mangeta, rainbows and tasting the rainbow are trademarks of Future Crew Gaming.

AV......

I find the [Victory Without Violence] achievement extremely fitting for this warfront.

No pun on my toon's name either.
    Last edited by Violence; 03-06-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
    it was the most loved BG in a pve game, who would have thought they would love the ****..i mean pve...no i mean **** even more in this.
    This is a PvE game, champ.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nooodle View Post
    thats fine. leave it to the dungeons. warfronts should be about pvp

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nooodle View Post
    Not really because there is no way a purely PvE game could actually succeed. This is why there are warfronts, prestige, and pvp souls. If they don't fix the PvP in this game all that will be left are the people who came from WoW. A lot of people still play WoW and arn't jumping to leave for Rift and a lot of rift players are the ones who are coming from a strong pvp mmo background but sick of recent mmos that haven't lived up to standards like AoC, WAR, and Aion. They have to know their market and unless they want to be a WoW killer which probably won't happen then their market is people who are looking for a good solid PvP game at 50. This doesn't mean you can't have dungeons, PvE, rifts, worldbosses, and questing etc but it does mean that we want good solid PvP too. The current PvP in the game is poor and far from balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by vhell View Post
    Port of Scion is -slightly- worse than not being able to target things while feared. Close though.
    Yeah, that is annoying not being able to target.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ravzar View Post
    Not really because there is no way a purely PvE game could actually succeed. This is why there are warfronts, prestige, and pvp souls. If they don't fix the PvP in this game all that will be left are the people who came from WoW. A lot of people still play WoW and arn't jumping to leave for Rift and a lot of rift players are the ones who are coming from a strong pvp mmo background but sick of recent mmos that haven't lived up to standards like AoC, WAR, and Aion. They have to know their market and unless they want to be a WoW killer which probably won't happen then their market is people who are looking for a good solid PvP game at 50. This doesn't mean you can't have dungeons, PvE, rifts, worldbosses, and questing etc but it does mean that we want good solid PvP too. The current PvP in the game is poor and far from balanced.
    This. If I wanted to play a pve game with bg's that are pretty poor I would play wow. I came here hoping for good pvp and if things don't change I will gladly leave. Not paying money for a game that tries to copy wow, if I wanted a wow experience I would play wow.

I really hoped with the huge "rvr zone" thread requests recently (think one got to 350 pages) there would be some news from the devs regarding port scion as a rvr zone, but no not a peep. Anyhow as I said gunna cancel my subs for mine and my gf's account till I know smth is being done about the wf's and the rvr zone that obviously people want.

Shadowlander

AV was one of the most loved BGs in WoW
    WAS the most loved BG, then they stuck in the stupid reinforcement crap and made drek/vandar killable with the 4 towermasters up -gg

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermagic View Post
    WAS the most loved BG, then they stuck in the stupid reinforcement crap and made drek/vandar killable with the 4 towermasters up -gg
    not to mention with the addition of reinforcments, they pretty much removed the possibliity of seeing a regular boss or elite reinforcments.

Shadowlander

BG pug hero scion apologists itt

Plane Touched

There's a reason why you have access to all previous warfront matches: variety. I think it'll be fine leaving Port Scion as it is. You have Black Garden for pretty much straight-up PvP, The Codex for strategic PvP and team play, Whitefall Steppes for some fun CTF involving coordination of multiple groups, and Port Scion for some PvE combined with PvP. They created a full spectrum of warfront types to appeal to a wide audience. I'd say they deserve credit for creating a diverse atmosphere, instead of dull iterations for a higher level bracket.

i got no idea even after playing a few games how to win port scion lol, Will have to look into it more :P
    CPU: AMD 1055T X6 3.8GHz Mobo: MSI Fuzion 870A GPU: XFX ATI Radeon HD 6870 1024MB / Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 Core216 Ram: 8Gbz Mushkin Blackline DDR3 1600Mhz

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    i got no idea even after playing a few games how to win port scion lol, Will have to look into it more :P
    You need to PVE HARDER THEN!
    SKYeXile - Future Crew - PlanetSide - Taste the Rainbow
    Xile - Telara Rift Fellowship - Aion - WAR - RIFT

The colour mangeta, rainbows and tasting the rainbow are trademarks of Future Crew Gaming.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast