+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Battle for Port Scion = Fail

Its funny how companies try so hard to make a unique and different battleground...yet the simpler ones way back when were alot more fun and had pvp only...I:E a simple capture of an objective (A keep) you capture the keep, you get a free level token (One time only) and the rest of the time you just kill each other. No instancing, no pve, and simple.

I was looking foward to port scion, til i heard it was going to be instanced....now im even less excited =\
    Last edited by Dewan; 03-06-2011 at 01:26 AM.
    Iscreamloudd Hib/Gawaine - RR10.5 Banshee
    Dewan Alb/Merlin - rr6 Cabby
    ...Smurff of Ywaine, rr7 Runie of Fenris.

Telaran

this has to be the worst map ever imagined. its a pve dps race thats over in 2 minutes. zerg the 2 points then boss.

Telaran

lol we just won in under 2 minutes. this map is so flawed its not even funny.

When will people learn not to mix PvE and PvP...

Warhammer failed in general, Aion failed, dredgion was especially bad, AV is aids, this is cancerous aids.

Planetside next is looking good right about now.
    SKYeXile - Future Crew - PlanetSide - Taste the Rainbow
    Xile - Telara Rift Fellowship - Aion - WAR - RIFT

The colour mangeta, rainbows and tasting the rainbow are trademarks of Future Crew Gaming.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by vhell View Post
    Honestly I like this bg sometimes because it makes me sometimes hate something more than mana drains in this game
    Someone actually found a positive point to this giant failure of a map.

I suppose the fact that every game is over in under 2 minutes probably is one too...

Interesting.

AV was one of the most loved BGs in WoW.
    I never really liked it. I've really loved everything up to WS. I wonder if I'll like/dislike PS :X

[REMOVED] You've replied to your own thread about fifty times, good lord. The map is different. It wasn't available on Beta, so they didn't get any feedback on it. If its overwhelmingly disliked, it will be changed.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Quote Originally Posted by Zayrinoke View Post
    You've replied to your own thread about fifty times, good lord. The map is different. It wasn't available on Beta, so they didn't get any feedback on it. If its overwhelmingly disliked, it will be changed.
    changed? it should be cast into molten flames, its the only thing that can destroy this abomination of a scenario.

[REMOVED]
    Last edited by SKYeXile; 03-06-2011 at 03:06 AM.
    SKYeXile - Future Crew - PlanetSide - Taste the Rainbow
    Xile - Telara Rift Fellowship - Aion - WAR - RIFT

The colour mangeta, rainbows and tasting the rainbow are trademarks of Future Crew Gaming.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zayrinoke View Post
    You've replied to your own thread about fifty times, good lord. The map is different. It wasn't available on Beta, so they didn't get any feedback on it. If its overwhelmingly disliked, it will be changed.
    hows this for feedback. it can be finished in under 2 minutes by avoiding all forms of pvp and zerging 2 objectives + boss.

The last PS I played I killed 2 pump looking things and a guy with spikes on his health bar. I then got 600 prestige. That was about it.

Cool.

Rift Disciple

First of all this isn't original, ever heard of Heroes of Newerth or League of Legends or DemiGod or LOCO or maybe even DoTA? This is an attempt to bring in that kind of pvp with pve elements. I have yet to play it but if it was a balanced map I think I would thoroughly enjoy and I look forward to it.

I think a big part of failed scion players here might be that you need to multitask; its a different type of play style altogether. If you play like you do on codex/bg/wf you'll lose. You need to check the big pve mobs, need to catch solo players with small group ganks, need to get an advantage then slowly push the enemy while still picking up more advantage.

Hope I am right anyways, hope there is more QQ than a broken map.
    >I like shootn things<

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceofTreason View Post
    First of all this isn't original, ever heard of Heroes of Newerth or League of Legends or DemiGod or LOCO or maybe even DoTA? This is an attempt to bring in that kind of pvp with pve elements. I have yet to play it but if it was a balanced map I think I would thoroughly enjoy and I look forward to it.

I think a big part of failed scion players here might be that you need to multitask; its a different type of play style altogether. If you play like you do on codex/bg/wf you'll lose. You need to check the big pve mobs, need to catch solo players with small group ganks, need to get an advantage then slowly push the enemy while still picking up more advantage.

Unfortunately, you're incorrect.

It's just a race to the boss and the team with more DPS wins.

Iso
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceofTreason View Post

You are wrong, you dont need to multitask to do anything - you just zerg rush the boss and the one with the most DPS wins....

read up, on Briarcliff the warfront was won in 1 min 58 seconds.... sounds broken to me

Champion

IF you keep rushing to the boss instead of wiping the opposition group of course it will be over in 2 minutes.

People seem to complain that there's no PvP yet they avoid other players and run for the NPCs?

My name is Larrie. I do not like certain people.
    Co-Leader of <Insert Coin>

WTB Oldschool DAOC PVP zones, or hell even oldschool AV that lasted till you killed the final boss. I really hate everything new these damn fat nerd developers come out with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast