+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians camping respawn points

Default Guardians camping respawn points

Tonight I witnessed 3 guardians that were 7 to 10 levels higher than the Defiants that they were pk'ing, walk over to the defiant respawn point and camp it after they killed several lower level defiants in the area.

I think that the unbeatable guards should be re-introduced, at least at the respawn points. It is total bs for a pc to be able to camp the respawn points, esp at camps where there is no healer present, and repeatedly kill other pcs, much below their level, as they respawn.

This is why PvP servers are lame.

Soulwalker

Why do players join PVP servers and then ***** about PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Zimike View Post
    Why do players join PVP servers and then ***** about PVP?

Why do people who cant read post?

I didn't say it was me, I witnessed it
    Last edited by Starrlight; 03-06-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrlight View Post

You are still complaining about pvp on apvp server. the fact that it didn't happen to you is irrelevant.
    Hadriker

Plane Touched

Tonight I witnessed 3 guardians that were 7 to 10 levels higher than the Defiants that they were pk'ing, walk over to the defiant respawn point and camp it after they killed several lower level defiants in the area.

I think that the unbeatable guards should be re-introduced, at least at the respawn points. It is total bs for a pc to be able to camp the respawn points, esp at camps where there is no healer present, and repeatedly kill other pcs, much below their level, as they respawn.

no.

No.

NO.

NO!

The PvP is just fine. I've been ganked at least 20 times, but I've also be able to attack the 3 other players freely, without them running to a pathetic guard; without them escaping, without anything (well, except until that one guy got his buddy Cleric to come up and teabag my corpse because I couldn't out DPS their heals plus damage against me).

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the water. Our boiling pot of pressurized chaos is perfectly fine the way it is.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=722134&dateline=12977  88610
    "Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have."
    "What you are will show in what you do."
    --Thomas A. Edison

For as much right as you players have to complain about power builds, unfair this that or the other, I, in turn, have the right to make complaints as I see fit as well. Please understand, also, the meaning of hypocrisy, as it seems lost on most of you responding to this thread.
    Last edited by Starrlight; 03-06-2011 at 12:39 AM.

It's not Player versus Player in an instance like this...

It's Wolf vs Sheep.

Telaran

This also happened to us on my server. Except we banded together and killed them. We also managed to isolate what I think was a lvl 50 mage and repeatedly kill him till his buddies came and then we killed them too. His lvl was ?? while I was 25. Yeah we died a bunch of times, but getting mobbed by a bunch of lowbies and dying will bruise the ego.

lvl 30+ in a lvl 20 zone getting killed by a mob of 20s is pretty funny. I love it, it shows how bad they are.

PVP in Rift is awesome, I don't want it watered down like they did in other games because people kept complaining of pvp.

For as much right as you players have to complain about power builds, unfair this that or the other, I, in turn, have the right to make complaints as I see fit as well. Please understand, also, the meaning of hypocrisy, as it seems lost on most of you responding to this thread.
    Funny you call people little boys but crying over a video game seems more like the little kid to me. See you tried to edit it out.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Shield of Telara

I do not (and probably never will) play on a PvP server, but I would agree with the other posters here. The guards should be completely killable and everything should be campable. PvP is not about being fair, it's about killing people using whatever means are available.

Also, if you want dueling, a PvP server is probably not the best place to play. (This was in reference the pre-edit post)
    Last edited by Yraen; 03-06-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Rift Disciple

Guess you didn't play Age of Conan this is how PvP Works its not like WoW with 500 elite guards to swarm and protect you. If you dont like seeing it i suggest PvE Server.

There's so many knee-jerk reactions in this thread at first I thought I was in a freakin' square-dance hall.

It saddens me how far behind our nation has fallen in regards to reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

This type of PvP is 'dirty' PvP. Nobody can deny that.
    And f you try to deny that, chances are you partake in this sort of 'enjoyment'.

Yes, technically it's 'ok' and it's PvP happening on a PvP server... but that doesn't make it any more palatable. The OP was ASKING whether or not some sort of increased protection should be available so that low level players aren't griefed by people who get enjoyment out of causing other people misery.

But all he gets from you guys in return is the Zombie-like drone of "It's PvP... on a PvP serrrrvvverrrr..." which doesn't answer the question at all.

Oh, well that changes everything.

lol
    [b]Shard: Endless░░░░░IGN: Partyrock░░░░░Mage░░░░░Currently: Chloro/Lock/Archmage

Quote Originally Posted by Worf View Post
    There's so many knee-jerk reactions in this thread at first I thought I was in a freakin' square-dance hall.

It saddens me how far behind our nation has fallen in regards to reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

This type of PvP is 'dirty' PvP. Nobody can deny that.
    And f you try to deny that, chances are you partake in this sort of 'enjoyment'.

Yes, technically it's 'ok' and it's PvP happening on a PvP server... but that doesn't make it any more palatable. The OP was ASKING whether or not some sort of increased protection should be available so that low level players aren't griefed by people who get enjoyment out of causing other people misery.

But all he gets from you guys in return is the Zombie-like drone of "It's PvP... on a PvP serrrrvvverrrr..." which doesn't answer the question at all.
    B.c this has all been discussed before and should be known by now. Do not join a PvP server unless you have people that will help you out. If your gonna increase the guard strength EVEN THOUGH WE DISCUSSED THIS BEFORE and the majority decided to keep it as is. You want to take over quest hub to force people to have to fight for what they want to get at. You might as well make it PvE server till 50 then b.c you up the guards in 20-29 zone then they just move to the next one and do the same.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast