+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: cant win a warfront

Soulwalker

Default cant win a warfront

Im just wondering is it my server or bracket or whats going on. Im in the 30-39 bracket currently on defiant and we cant seem to win at all out of a 15 maches ill win maby one. Is this a common problem or its it just my server im on emberlord. If its my server i realy dont want to reroll now that im almost lvl 40 it just realy frustrating.

Probably a full pug facing a partial premade type of problem. Been happening a lot, I hope they seperate the queues completely.

The problem will be hour long waits for premades though.

Soulwalker

I've played about 5 warfronts yesterday and maybe won once. I'm betting someone is running a premade or the other side is really good. I'm only level 16 though. I play on Precipice as a Defiant. Could be my bracket. Might level to 20 and see how it is, but if it's 10 losses to one win, then we definitely have some issues.

It's not you. Defiants are the weaker PvP faction in most server groups. In WoW terms, they are the new Alliance. I expected it, but went with Defiants anyway, though I started to also level a Guardian (leveling mostly through warfronts, using gathering to make cash to buy gear).

Games with only two factions don't work unless the developers think of dynamic mechanics to even out the win/loss ratio (by means of buffs and debuffs, handicaps, etc.). Blizzard didn't do it, and so far Trion hasn't done it. I'm hoping that they will, as at least I won't hang around another 6 years and wait for changes that never came.
    Last edited by Mivo; 03-06-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Soulwalker

either that or bring in shard transfers if there already isnt so i dont have to be stuck on a bad server its no fun when im unable to win at all.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
    It's not you. Defiants are the weaker PvP faction in most server groups. In WoW terms, they are the new Alliance. I expected it, but went with Defiants anyway, though I started to also level a Guardian (leveling mostly through warfronts, using gathering to make cash to buy gear).
    Good guys always win? Good guys being the Guardians.

Nah, I'm just kidding with you.

I always thought if you do something for one side, you must do for the other. If each side has the same classes, then I guess it should just come down other things such as maybe one side has more healers or too many tanks on a team, etc. With Warhammer, they tried to mirror the classes, but some mirrored classes had some abilities their counterpart didn't (BW/Sorc weren't exactly the same at release, but that was fixed about a year or more after release).
    Last edited by magnetite; 03-06-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Ascendant

I'm also on Emberlord and Defiant wins seem very rare, maybe once out of 10 to 15 matches. Although from what I've seen, Guardians usually have 6+ healers each match, and that is no exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Magipants View Post
    Please, don't condescend on an age basis. If you have the drive to be good at whatever you wish outside of game, you'll have the same drive inside the game. It all has to do with a person's competitive nature. Not age.
    I generalized, and I believe what I said to be accurate in a general context. It doesn't mean there can't be exceptions, both good and bad. Also, consider the post I responded to (I cited it).

Anyway, the kids are better at PvP, they have all the wrong priorities (but that's good for PvP), the ambition, the drive, the hunger to win. As people get older, these priorities changes in favour of things that matter, so winning in a video game becomes much less important.
    This is a false logic. Especially on team play. Kids always loose at team play ;)
    Scum - Because We Care

If you have complains about us, please fill the form below for a better service next time:
    http://scum.afktime.com/f/index.php?..._pid__4#entry4

Plane Touched

I generalized, and I believe what I said to be accurate in a general context. It doesn't mean there can't be exceptions, both good and bad. Also, consider the post I responded to (I cited it).
    Using your own words: "it doesn't mean there can't be exceptions...". I still think that the trend I delineated in my post is correct for the current game atmosphere, but I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

i made 40 ewarfronts and not only a win ,this si bs and trion stay and DO NOTHING

Sadly all the kids that suck the mic and and have no life go to guardian and of course they jsut farm favor .As a mature male defiant i just play wfs for pleasure and fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    i made 40 ewarfronts and not only a win ,this si bs and trion stay and DO NOTHING
    Yes Trion, go and make Cyborg a walking god able to kill his enemies with just looking in their direction. Obviously, this is the only sensible way to go. It can not be so that Cyborg's enemy has the same chances. That is outrageous beyond belief and you should be ashamed for designing a game like that. WTF WERE YOU THINKING!!?!?!11eleven!!

It's pretty much like a few people have said. The defiant looks and lore attract the more immature gamers because of their "screw the law" type attitude. This results in a generally lower average age and weaker grasp on teamwork, not to mention lack of healers.

Played about 20-24 warfronts yesterday afternoon, evening, and morning. Lost all but one in the afternoon & evening. Won 5 in early morning time (same players tended to rejoin the pug from other servers, so we all knew what we were doing).

So; yep, Defiants seem to have it hard; mostly because theres almost always more bards & clerics on the Guardian side. A couple of times my 10+ defiant team hasnt had a single cleric.

On the matter of Whitefall; ragequitting is ruining the warfront. Often 4 players quit after losing 1 flag. This needs to be stopped.
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast