+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: cant win a warfront

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpharoh View Post
    actually word is, everyone is now rolling gaurdian. Oh noes what will you do ? who will you pwn now?
    Then the guardian pugs will start losing and the crowd will come back to their, now superior, defiants.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-06-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    This is a false logic. Especially on team play. Kids always loose at team play ;)
    I beg to differ... Whether you like it or not, you and your gaurdian crew are probably 99 percent children. YOu might be 18, you might be 16.. You may be a freshmen in college, but I am sure over half of you are immature lil punks. Children who have no lives and no family or Real life friends are more than likely to get in some vent and coordinate a pvp group and then play NON stop all day . "LOL PWNING Scrubs"

The rest of us. We have family , we have jobs, and we have lives. I notice no matter what time I log in to try and play a wf it is always the same pre made group of angst pre teens who probably have no obligations in life other than to be the warfront super star.
    Originally Posted by Rawne
    Awww, are we resorting to insults?

And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

Ahh the choices.....

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    Then the guardian pugs will start losing and the crowd will come back to their, now superior, defiants.
    NO.. actually people will have toons on gaurdian and defiant and when they notice one faction is losing more than others they will log into that faction que up. Then vice versa.

Anyhow, When I'm in a good group or my guilds pre mades we almost always win.. Only problem is my giuld is concentrated on PVE and not war fronts, like most of the other good players in this game are.

And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

Ahh the choices.....

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    Probably a full pug facing a partial premade type of problem. Been happening a lot, I hope they seperate the queues completely.

The problem will be hour long waits for premades though.
    I really hope they DON'T do this.. If I go to PvP it is because I want to do it with my guild, not with a bunch of people I don't know.

Plane Walker

yea I lose every game also, not fun when you lose everytime has to be some sort of premade thats causing this...
    Last edited by RedneckJedi; 03-06-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckJedi View Post
    yea I lose every game also, not fun when you lose everytime has to be some sort of premade thats causing this...
    Sadly it usually is pre-mades.. On the gaurdian side on my server anyhow. Most people have lives so they can't just PVP all day they want to get other things done, but these People will join and rejoin and every freaking time you go in the wf it is that same group with 3 clerics and mages and warriors. It's just too much .

Makes you not even want to que up anymore, or just que and go to sleep. I notice they usually come around 3-4 o'clock , you know that time when the kids get home from school.

Like most people, we may have a pre-made run 2 WF's or maybe even 3, but this group just runs non stop same people. I guess I gotta try to get in when they are not on, but my job will not allow for it, so Solo war fronts are out of the question for me.

Ahh the choices.....

Soulwalker

pvp has to be as fun and simple as an fps game, 1 side winning all the time makes ppl stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpharoh View Post
    Sadly it usually is pre-mades.. On the gaurdian side on my server anyhow. Most people have lives so they can't just PVP all day they want to get other things done, but these People will join and rejoin and every freaking time you go in the wf it is that same group with 3 clerics and mages and warriors. It's just too much .
    I just want to point out that it's not always premades.

If your team just won a WF, it's very likely that many of the same people are going to immediately requeue. As a result, the next WF is going to have a lot of the same people.

At least, this is probably true for the lower population side that doesn't have queues.

Yesterday, as a Defiant in 20-29, I had a 25-3 or so win record. It was the first time I ever had a winning day like that and it was a massacre. No premade. It was just a bunch of the same folks requeuing for a long time.

The team started to fall apart once the other bards stopped queuing up, though.

Ascendant

For what it's worth, I play as guardian and we lose most of our matches on my shard.
    (And no, it's not my fault I'm always in the top 3 kills/damage dealt when I'm on my rogue, and always top 1 - so far - healer on my cleric).

I'd say we win about 40% of the time, and defiants get 60%.

It seems to be they're organized and smart about pvp and guardians aren't.

As soon as they get the fang, they have 3 guys defending the carrier at close range, and a healer.
    When we get a fang, everyone keep jumping around and chasing worthless kills a mile away from the carrier, and of course no heals at all even if you have clerics on your team.

Similar stuff happens in Codex.
    Defiants let like 3 guys stay at every single point, yet we can't take the codex even tho our full team is trying and they have like 6 guys there.

People trickling in, and dying one after another, stupid solo/no strategy play.

In short, I'd say it's pretty much server dependant. Don't forget entire guilds are sub'ing to Rift, and they all join on the same side. If 100 pvp'ers join as guardian on your shard, that's seriously gonna screw up the guardian/defiant balance.

Even on pvp servers, most players are pve'ers. if there was ( before that guild ) 100 great pvpers on the server, and you had 100 on a side... it's now 150 vs 50. So most of the players will be good on the guardian side, and most will suck on defiant side.

On some server it'll be the opposite, the preformed guild will join defiant side.
    I personnally play both side. And so far I'm having it harder as a guardian.

Plane Touched

Well last night i played pvp as a guardian and i think we won 9 out of 10 matches. Someone said that defiants are not good on this server, well i did believe it.

However, today it was different, it was the opposite. We were struggling to win.
    To conclude, i guess it depends on what time you play and with whom you play.

Actually last night i played with my guild, and today it was just random(lost a lot).

Soulwalker

Just came to the forums to say pretty much the same thing. Defiant, Silkweb, 10-19. Working on 1 won, 43 losses on my new mage. Tried Stormcaller main, then Chloro healer main, and a couple of Pyro main just a few minutes ago. Only win we had was when we had 7 healers and managed to get a single person to charge in and try to pick up the Fang. Otherwise, every group I've been in, even when I try to talk to them ahead of the start, hang back and just let the Guardians pick up the Fang. When I go in with just 1-2 of my guild members we win because we push the fang, attack the carrier and so-forth. In a pug, everyone is too afraid of dying to get **** done.

Seems alot like the attitude that I saw in Alterac Valley on Horde - Tichondrious for a year or so. About to stop PvPing in 10-19 unless I have a premade, it's just far too frustrating to watch the sheeples dps boars and melee as mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
    It's not you. Defiants are the weaker PvP faction in most server groups.
    How is that even remotely possible?

When you play this game you can choose to be either Guardian or Defiant. The only difference? The player. You can be a Defiant Ranger / MM / Sabo or... you can be a Guardian Ranger / MM / Sabo. It's not the faction that's more powerful. It's the player PLAYING that makes that character powerful.

I've played a ton of Warfronts and I've won a bunch of them and lost a bunch of them. Sometimes Defiants whoop arse. Sometimes Guardians whoop arse.

The only true difference? If the Guardians are playing with fantastic teamwork and work together to achieve the goal, they'll win.

HOWEVER...

If the DEFIANTS are playing with fantastic teamwork and work together to achieve the goal, then THEY'LL win.

IMO stop complaining about one faction being superior to another and address the real issue. That issue, you ask? Teaching people that play the game the following:

1) How to work as a team to accomplish your goals

2) The best strategic options for the Warfront you happen to be in at the time.

Teach the community those two simple rules and you'll notice a MARKED improvement in the overall win/loss ratio

Soulwalker

It seems that guardians win all the time in some batlegroups and defiant win all the time in others. So an easy fix would be to combine the bad groups with the good ones and even them out that way. But it still seems that defiant have it the worst and at this point im willing to shard transfer to get on a good shard for defiant. Id drop 25 30 bucks to not have to deal with the grief and frustration of constant losses. And untill this problem is fixed or i can shard x-fer im not pvping its jut not worth me geting so mad over.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinSam View Post
    How is that even remotely possible?
    As said/implied in my last post, RIFT isn't just a bunch of solo guys subscribing to the game and then randomly joining either guardians or defiants.

We've got entire guilds from other game subbing in, and they obviously play on the same side, to keep their guild going.

If an hardcore pvp guild sub in and play guardian, defiants are gonna get rolled. 10's or 100's of great pvp'ers will completely destroy the opposition, even if they only pug (and they obviously don't always pug).
    If they play defiants, then guardians are in for a good time.
    Maybe guardians, so far, had more appeal to them.

Also :
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragalicious View Post
    When I go in with just 1-2 of my guild members we win because we push the fang, attack the carrier and so-forth. In a pug, everyone is too afraid of dying to get **** done.
    This is the key to win.
    Unless you want to roll a full premade... just get 1 or 2 reliable friends to play with you.
    Let's not lie to ourselves, 95% of the players are horrible at pvp.
    Not in rift I mean, in every single game ever made/played.
    PVE monsters are designed to get beaten, so it's easy. PVP is a different thing. You have to use more skills/tactics/strategy than the other player to win, and most people don't care enough to do it. So they're pretty much just one more body on the battlefield.

On an average ( non premade ) game, there's like 1-3 good players and a bunch of unexperienced/unfocused players just getting killed/doing useless stuff.
    The 1-3 good players win the game for one side or the other, while the 8-9 other players are just deathmatching.

So if you want to win? Be these 1-3 good players, and roll a team that can win games.
    Healer rogue tank, or healer mage tank, something like that, and focuse on the objectives. No one from your team will help, but it doesn't matter, you 3 can deal with most situations. Because the bad players on the ennemy team aren't going to 10 vs 3 you either. They're also randomly chasing kills and you'll kill them 3 vs 1 then 3 vs another 1 and so on, and complete the objectives.

It's pretty much the best strategy to use in any MMO or even FPS game. A small solid core of players, and the rest of the team just do whatever they want, while the entire ennemy team is doing whatever they want, so you have the edge.

Soulwalker

It doesn't help that the defiant side is 90% rogues and 10% afkers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast