+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Huh? Forced PvP on PvE server?

Soulwalker

Angry Huh? Forced PvP on PvE server?

Great, forced open world AGAIN. I thought I had left that behind me with Aion. I thought I could play on a Rift PvE server and mind my own business, not worrying about PvP. Guess I was wrong. What a lie I was sold with this game. There is no way at all to avoid PvP after level 30, even though I am on a PvE server. Well, my subscribtion is cancelled before it started. Was fun up until getting level 30 just now.

Awww, did you happen to get into some pvp ? You poor boy !

I dont get this thread?

If you check the box that disables auto pvp flagging in Settings then you will never be able to attack or being attacked by opposite faction players.

Troll?

Soulwalker

Actually, I tend to agree with the OP. It IS rather a rude awakening at level 30 for those on a pve server. Even if you have the auto-pvp flag turned off, you will still often be forced in to a pvp type situation due to stealthed npc's attacking you, etc. I really enjoy running around solo, peacefully exploring and questing. Hard to do past 30 in Rift. Here's hoping Trion adjusts the ruleset slightly on PVE servers for all of us hard-core (care bear? yes!) PVE types!

Note: I believe the OP was probably referring to opposing faction NPCs, rather than players? Or maybe a little of both.
    Last edited by vikette; 03-05-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vikette View Post
    Actually, I tend to agree with the OP. It IS rather a rude awakening at level 30 for those on a pve server. Even if you have the auto-pvp flag turned off, you will still often be forced in to a pvp type situation due to stealthed npc's attacking you, etc. I really enjoy running around solo, peacefully exploring and questing. Hard to do past 30 in Rift. Here's hoping Trion adjusts the ruleset slightly for PVE servers for all of us hard-core (care bear? yes!) PVE types!

Note: I believe the OP was probably referring to opposing faction NPCs, rather than players. Or maybe a little of both.
    Oh yeah I C

I've noticed that too that when you have auto pvp flag off and you run into PvP Npcs they can attack you but you can't do **** about them, until you turn pvp on, which will last again for 5 mins where you can get ganked :/

Either those pvp npcs need to be non-aggro on people that have auto pvp flag off or you need to be able to kill them without getting flagged yourself

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlemen View Post
    Oh yeah I C

Either those pvp npcs need to be non-aggro on people that have auto pvp flag off or you need to be able to kill them without getting flagged yourself
    Yep, I agree. I think I'd prefer the 2nd option you listed - we should be able to defend ourselves and kill those NPCs without getting flagged. That would be perfect.
    Last edited by vikette; 03-05-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Can I have your crappy stuff?
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

+ Reply to Thread