+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Healing in warfronts = useless for favor.

Shadowlander

Default Healing in warfronts = useless for favor.

So I top healing, hold the flag the longest and score the least ammount of favor?

Same thing in the codex, you heal the world keep everyone up and you score the least ammount of favor?

While I can go Inquistor spec spam dots on everyone get high DPS and some how score more favor, when in fact spamming dots on everyone doesnt gain us anything apart from upping my damage done.

If they don't improve favor for healers then I'll be suprised if anyone even bothers to heal.

Shadowlander

I totally agree.

Healing in WFs needs to be as rewarding as killing players or else there will always be a lack of healers.

Rift Disciple

I stopped healing completely and specced to DPS cleric because of the lack of favor in WF and the low contribution in rifts. It's better to spam instant dots and instant abilities, even useless ones, to get better rewards in both. The whole system is very broken.

Soulwalker

bump this post for some Dev love... please feed our healers else the PvPies sucks for everyone else

Shadowlander

I hate coming out of a warfront thinking "wow I kept that entire group up at the codex bla bla" then I look at my favor in regards to those I kept up helping them top DPS and at times they have double the favor I do.

Is it that bad in warfronts? I just played like 30 WF's with my bard and there were a bunch of times when she topped the favor charts. Only the 20-29 bracket, but she's only level 22.

Maybe the bard button mashing results in more favor than cleric button mashing?

Shadowlander

As a Bard, I'm typically top favor and top heals. I don't know what to tell you guys, heal the people killing and don't heal the idiots that run in and die?
    -------
    Nakor - level 50 Rogue Greybriar
    Old Timer's Guild
    Previous MMOs: Ultima Online, SWG, WoW, WAR, Aion, LOTRO, and now Rift.

Champion of Telara

It's probably more about your level than it is what you do. I've already posted about this once before.

At level 29 I went into a warfront, had like 13 kb's, 6 carrier kills and other stats. I did alot.

I was dead last for favor for my side. dead last, even though I did way more than anyone else.

I posted then, and someone mentioned the level deal.

Sure enough, I hit level 30 and went into a warfront. I wasn't able to do as much as the previous warfront, but guess where I ended up in favor? #1 overall.

So favor is related more to level and total kills that show up in your stats than anything.

Soulwalker

The developers need to be a lot more communicative with their players. They can't become as closemouthed as Blizzard. Issues need fixing, and players need to know (in a timely manner) if they're getting fixed or not.

Rift Chaser

u are all wrong, i started a WF, i solo killed 2 vs me, and all i got is 14 favor, so healing does nothing and dps does nothing

If you heal, you increase your chances to win, which means you'll get more favour. If you don't heal and lose, you get less favour. Sure, those who dps and win because of you may still get more favour, but winning gets you more than losing.

also, later on clerics are so overpowered that you tend to live longer than most dps, so you tend to be around more kills and thus get more favour.

Winning = favour
    No healing = low chance of winning
    Therefore on my cleric I heal.

I just did a warfront on my rogue and there were 5 clerics and 2 mages and 0 healers... absolutely none. Obviously we got creamed by the enemy and got limited favour. Had one or two of those players been healers well me might have been able to do something against them.

Rift Chaser

You have to figure you'll end up overall with more favor as long as you win. I'm a cleric and I tend to heal quite a bit and usually I'm somewhere in the top 3 favor wise (on Guardian side). Could be better, not horrible I don't think considering you get favor for just being around someone dying it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
    Winning = favour
    No healing = low chance of winning
    Therefore on my cleric I heal.
    This. I don't mind DPS clerics, but it's always annoying when we are being drastically out healed and you've got Mr. Battle-Cleric-Only-Deeps spamming Circle of Oblivion.

DPS clerics can get so uppity about switching to a heal spec. I have a rogue and a mage friend, and if we're hurting for heals, they don't think twice, they switch to Bard and Chloro respectively. Do what you need to do to win.
    Showtime, P50 Guardian Warrior
    Showdown, P50 Guardian Cleric
    Risette, P50 Defiant Warrior
    Lurie, P50 Defiant Cleric
    11/11 HK, 3/8 ID ~ Where do I find the time?

Trion must buff mana drain for erasing all healers from WFs.
    Quad-core Athlon II X4 635
    Zotac GTX570
    4 GB Ram
    750w PSU
    Windows 7 Basic x64

CPUBenchmarkTime = 1.621023
    GPUBenchmarkTime = 1.571975

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast