+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to counter turnstraffing

Rift Disciple

Default how to counter turnstraffing

so how do i counter turn straffing , my snares are either resisted or getting negated by abilities , yes im a n00b , be kind and explain how i counter it with l2p lameness

Shadowlander

going backwards is the most effective way i've found, makes them annoyed if nothing else

other then that, just wait for the nerfs to counter CC abilities...

Soulwalker

Use your mouse to turn instead of your keyboard.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex View Post
    Use your mouse to turn instead of your keyboard.
    i understand , not easy to get used though after playing 12 years online with the aswd keys =(

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    i understand , not easy to get used though after playing 12 years online with the aswd keys =(
    Use keybinds as well.
    Start by keybinding A and D. This will help you immensely. You will become a much, much better player. Not only in pvp, but in pve as well.

You can get used to it. I have faith! Just takes some practice.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Champion of Telara

Well you've gotten your answer, and if you don't want to do it then it's your own fault.

You're only other option is to stick to PVE like the rest of the slow/bad players.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Use keybinds as well.
    Start by keybinding A and D. This will help you immensely. You will become a much, much better player. Not only in pvp, but in pve as well.

You can get used to it. I have faith! Just takes some practice.
    On the A and D. How do you straff sideways while moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    On the A and D. How do you straff sideways while moving forward?
    For people just getting into it I'd recommend either hold both left and right click, or toggle autorun on and off. PvP is hardest for the mouse clickers to react to because so much of it revolves around holding down the right click (which obviously makes it so you can't then use the mouse to click the abilities)

Good luck
    @tamgros, tamgros on youtube...

so how do i counter turn straffing , my snares are either resisted or getting negated by abilities , yes im a n00b , be kind and explain how i counter it with l2p lameness
    It'd be easier to help if we knew what you do now. Basically: use the mouse to turn, use keybinds around the wasd keys (q, e, r, f, g, z, x, c, 1, 2, 3 etc) plus your mouse buttons (not left/right click but the pg forward/back and any others). Worth the effort to learn, it's not that hard. GL.

Banned

You're only other option is to stick to PVE like the rest of the slow/bad players.
    Wow, because he/she plays a different way they're "slow/bad"? They are obviously interested in trying to improve their gameplay which hardly makes them "bad". Remember, you were a noob once too, you elitist ******. Go back to WoW.

General of Telara

Well you've gotten your answer, and if you don't want to do it then it's your own fault.

Ignore this idiot. Chances are hes terribad despite the fact that he uses his mouse to turn.

Something else you can do is rolla class with some form of pbaoe CC. I think bard has a mez or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

Champion of Telara

bind a to strafe left and d to strafe right. completely unbind turn left/right and don't use your S key unless you're playing with 1 hand, it's useless
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

I still use WASD, but I hold down Rclick pretty much the entire time I'm in combat to stay facing my enemy. Bind all my abilities to keys like E, Q, 1-4, f, r, v, c, x, z - now toss in alt binds for all those + shift or ctrl; Between that and macro ablities in this game pretty much everything should be at your finger tips - while being able to circle strife.

Slovis - Guardian of Sunrest Inquinelicar - Justisemplar - Senardifier

+ Reply to Thread