+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me choose a class plz

Soulwalker

Default Help me choose a class plz

I am having trouble picking a class for pvp. I think is between cleric and mage because I want a class that can do good dmg but also heal if needed. I think I am leaning toward mage but I want to be able to heal in dungeons and I heard that chloromancers cant heal a dungeon solo. Any help would be great.

Take Cleric - OP!

Soulwalker

Cleric's damage seems to be real low compared to other classes imo.

Rift Disciple

dead mages dont do much damage either.
    clerics are really good, mages are a little dissapointing.. but it's your call.
    Last edited by porps; 03-05-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by porps View Post
    dead mages dont do much damage either.
    clerics are really good, mages are a little dissapointing.. but it's your call.
    Why are mages disappointing?

Shadowlander

In my opinion, mages are disappointing because we really have to choose between survivability, damage and crowd control, we may be able to have 2, but most of the time we cannot, leaving us very, very squishy to melee classes who we cannot break from. Clerics on the other hand are better suited for melee combat, which is good, since seemingly every melee class has a gap closer or two on shorter cooldowns than many of our pushbacks, unless you're a stormcaller, but if you're a stormcaller you're probably sacrificing survivability for the ability to keep melee away. This is why i'm thinking mages are disappointing. But this is just my experience so far. Dominator is fun though

The simple fact is if you want to dps in this game you're going to be squishy.

People say clerics because early on they can dps, heal, and tank but if they want to do any of those 3 well, they will have to really focus 30+ or start to feel weak. Guess what? Now apply that to every class and go play what you want.
    Last edited by Trisian; 03-05-2011 at 11:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread