+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better Balance with 5 lvl increments

Rift Disciple

Default Better Balance with 5 lvl increments

Black Garden/Codex are the only two I've played so far... and it's a joke when one side has all 18+ and the opposition is all 10-13; only a couple can be competitive and the rest of the time its a slaughter.

That's no fun and I think it defeats the purpose. There's no skill in beating someone who is 8 levels lower than you.

The best fights, even when I lost... is when both sides are close in levels... that's where skill and team work matters... that's a good fight and both sides get decent Favor. Winners get a little more... but these matches that end 500 to 50? That's a travesty... that's why folks bail alot... what's the point?

I don't know how it is in the higher level warfronts... but at least the two I've played could benefit from 5 level increments instead of 10. Everyone would have a fighting chance, and skill would matter more.

I agree 100%. I don't bother pvping now unless I'm in the last 5 levels of a bracket because I know I will only weaken the team.

I've been winning warfronts as ?0 all the time in premades.

Level has nothing to do with skill, or how you play the warfront. This is why in my guild we take anyone regardless of level.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

if you noticed if your not ?9 in a Warfront you get a buff that boosts your stats, it helps you scale with level ?9's

Quote Originally Posted by Dioni View Post
    if you noticed if your not ?9 in a Warfront you get a buff that boosts your stats, it helps you scale with level ?9's
    Except you have about 10-11 less soul points, which equates to a lot less utility and abilities. And even with boosted stats, they have higher damage because of better weapons, since it still scales upwards in their favor with better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    I've been winning warfronts as ?0 all the time in premades.

Level has nothing to do with skill, or how you play the warfront. This is why in my guild we take anyone regardless of level.
    Wait...you're comparing a premade to rolling pugs and saying "see, levels don't matter." I guess common sense just eludes people these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    Wait...you're comparing a premade to rolling pugs and saying "see, levels don't matter." I guess common sense just eludes people these days.
    You face other premades.

And this topic is about it's impossible to do a warfront without hurting the team at ?0.

Level doe snot matter, it comes down to skill.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Rift Disciple

I'm not talking about premades or those who join as a team... I'm talking about the total random 'solo's

I'm talking about avoiding 500 to 50 when it is obvious one side is about the level out of bracket and the other just joined it.

Sure- some groups deserve to get trounced. They either play badly, don't have a clue, or comprise of glory hounds more impressed with their kill count than how much favor he or she (or the team) earns.

However, improved stats doesn't balance out the Soul point difference.

I'm just continually greatful there's no penalty for bailing at any stage... the way its set up now. Tire of wasting my time with Fail groups... who only fail because they don't have a chance.

+ Reply to Thread