+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Increase Favor for Warfront loss or this game will die...

Soulwalker

Default Increase Favor for Warfront loss or this game will die...

This game is headed FAST into a Warhammer syndrome.

Out of 20-ish PvP matches I have lost all of them. I focus on objectives, usually top damage, and do my best to follow orders on the very rare occasion someone gives them. I've tried giving them myself, but it's by-and-large a waste of time.

I've PvPed a lot in every mmo. RR80 in Warhammer, Gladiator for two seasons in WoW, etc~ I'm familiar with how MMO PvP works.

If one side has a 90+ % win rate (and I'm sure Trion has access to that obvious information) and also gets 3x the favor for every win, this game will die a very quick death when simply being one faction means get totally awesome gear and never lose. Win all the time now and you'll win even more when your entire faction farms out their PvP set in a day in guaranteed win games.

Nobody likes a system where this has to be done, but I'm afraid if one faction can simply never win, winning is going to have to be less significant or this game will not be fun for anyone.
    Last edited by Jackalhat; 03-05-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Soulwalker

I can see where you would be upset but Trion can't do anything about one faction being far more superior. I understand that upping favor for a loss would help, however when one faction actually knows how to play, and the other can't seem to cast a spell at the right time. This is not Trions fault, and they can do nothing about that.

Soulwalker

Heh.

Did nothing but PvP from 28-30. All losses. It would be nice if a game would take the Age of Conan route and include PvP that isn't faction based so you don't get these situations.

Soulwalker

But then you can just farm losses all day and it turns into another bot fest.

It's bad enough with the start of seeing bots now. Why make it so the bots get more rewards for doing nothing?

WoW was this way for a long time, with alliance dominating for years due to it being the more popular faction. I dealt with getting steam rolled for years as a horde player.

Not sure what happen along the way but eventually the horde turned the tide and when I was playing wow I won a lot more than I lost. I think after getting my butt kicked for years mainly because we were out numbered constantly it made me a better pvp'r.

This game is so new it's hard to tell what's going to happen here, you have to keep in mind lots of players still have no idea how to play their class effectively or what the objective to the warfront is.

I'd give it some more time before casting these kind of judgments.

I'm not sure if it's my shard or what but I play Defiant and so far I've won more than I've lost. And I have noticed it does help if someone is willing to take charge and get people organized.

L2P, reroll, yadda yadda.

Just go away? In the long run, it's not going to make a difference.

If you knew anything about MMO PvP you would know that one side doesn't always dominate forever, although it may be for a few months, suck it up whiner.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    L2P, reroll, yadda yadda.

Just go away? In the long run, it's not going to make a difference.

If you knew anything about MMO PvP you would know that one side doesn't always dominate forever, although it may be for a few months, suck it up whiner.
    Seirously whats the point of saying crap like that? Is this how your parents spoke to you and you think thats acceptable? Or you like being condescending on the internet because it gives you a greater sense of self in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Tweaq View Post
    Seirously whats the point of saying crap like that? Is this how your parents spoke to you and you think thats acceptable? Or you like being condescending on the internet because it gives you a greater sense of self in real life?
    Nope, because no one is going to play the game for him, trion isn't going to give him free wins. What he wants is unreasonable and shouldn't even be tolerated as it deteriorates a game I plan to play while he'll more than likely head back to WoW EZ mode central.

I'm tired of easy, I'm tired of handouts, I want to play to earn something. Not mindless grind. What's the point of coming to this thread to be unproductive? You're unproductive your entire life? Do you sit around at your job doing nothing because of how unproductive you are? Don't make assumptions, it makes you look stupid.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Wish they would just increase the battlegroup size. Would resolve several issues and give us more accessable warfronts 24/7 at all levels.

BTW no, losers shouldnt receive more favor... if anything give them less. As it stands theres enough people ignoring the objectives and just trying to top the leaderboard. Maybe if a win meant more...
    Last edited by Alexander26; 03-05-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Telaran

All I can say is get in some premades. Have two groups of 5 players each, and queue at the same time. You might get in together, might not.

Regardless, communication is the way to win, and having an assist train is leet as all get out.

4 of my caster buddies targeting me and casting on my target is boss, all i do is stun, then watch them die as i move to my next target
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

The simple solution is to actually win.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Soulwalker

The Favor does not need to increase

I am a Guardian and from level 10-19 i lost almost every warfront but i got around 120-300 favor even when i lost Yeah i admit when you win you get more Favor but you get good favor from losing as well. It is really based on how much people you kill and the damage you do.

So You can't complain about it when other people are getting good xp from warfronts losing maybe its just your not killing enough people or doing much damage?

Soulwalker

Nope, because no one is going to play the game for him, trion isn't going to give him free wins. What he wants is unreasonable and shouldn't even be tolerated as it deteriorates a game I plan to play while he'll more than likely head back to WoW EZ mode central.

I'm tired of easy, I'm tired of handouts, I want to play to earn something. Not mindless grind. What's the point of coming to this thread to be unproductive? You're unproductive your entire life? Do you sit around at your job doing nothing because of how unproductive you are? Don't make assumptions, it makes you look stupid.
    You're an idiot. You're also very bad with general logic.

This game has more or less the same issue Warhammer did, and warhammer just shut down to its final server. Doesn't matter what you think, what you want, or what you feel is an accomplishment.

Games that have followed this pattern have failed. I'd like to see it not happen to Rift, but as long as players like you are loud enough, I'm sure it will die all the same.

Furthermore, telling me to play better is cute when there's a 90% chance I'm better than you, if only because most people who talk the way you do are immature, which by and large means they're overconfident and generally bad. And again, I'm happy to shove various accomplishments throughout my gaming history in your face as evidence my personal skill is not the issue.

It's balance. This is MMO's, they have these issues, and players provide input on them. Either discuss them constructively or ****.

Champion of Telara

1. Pvp gear isn't superior, it just has slight bonus over pve gear.
    The simple solution is to actually win.
    Games that have followed this pattern have failed.
    thats a speculation. You cant know why they failed. And if something, they failed because pvp gear was superior to pve one(probably, i didnt play wh, but i see how aion fail beause of this).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalhat View Post
    You're an idiot.
    no u
    Last edited by pechkin; 03-05-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Thats cool mate, ill make the decisions on what makes me look stupid or not. If i do look for some advice it wont be from you - cheers for your thoughts though. If your concerned about productivity, or lack of, you could probably read your first post again.

With the favor i think the best solution is as someone said; To increase the battlegroup size. Increasing the favor for losses only ends up in bots, or dcuo style the other team (worse is yours when you want to win) never leaves the spawn point - ending the match in 2mins.

My server guardians almost always loose so it sucks pretty hard sometimes. When your levelling it takes big chunk out of the xp you'd be normally gain if you were questing or had a more even win loss ratio, but its the better option out of playing with bots or people who dont care.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast