+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big Battleground problem, devs please read.

Rift Disciple

Default Big Battleground problem, devs please read.

Hello, this post is mostly aimed at developers since I'm tryind everything possible to get this to them, so please don't bother replying unless you're a Trion representative and can give any useful info.

Just want to inform you one extra time, dear Trion of an exceptionally bad situation we have at Blightweald EU and all servers we share battleground with. This problem that pretty much seriously destroying your good game for many players is that pvp is highly disbalanced and guardian side loses probably 90% of all games. You should have statistic on your hands, please take a look at it... We, a Blightweald server, are first and foremost a pve server, so I do question the reason of the whole presence of a Cloudborne PVP server in our battlegroup (maybe more, I mostly see ppl from cloudborne). But the biggest problem is that this server is, as far as I know, totally plagued with russian players who also seem to be pvp nerds, who pretty much all rolled defiant side and destroy guardian pugs in almost every warfront out there. This is getting quite frustrating, frankly. So very much frustrating in fact, that I'm not sure I'm going to play your game much longer. This is in no way a threat, it is just a single possible outcome of my current situation. It is THAT bad and we here at blightweald (and probably all other pve servers in our battlegroup) really do need at least some your attention.
    Please remove cloudborne (especially) and other (if any, didn't really see much except this one) from our battlegroup (or move our server to some other battlegroup with only pve servers?), OR give us a server transfer option, paid or not, I don't care, I just wanna have that option as fast as possible, OR give us a faction change option. I really wouldn't want to fully reroll from a lvl 44 (currently) character with high lvl professions and some money.
    Really hoping you won't miss this message and fix this terrible situation very soon. You're against exploiting, well, prove it, because this works atm like a real exploiting, cloudborne pvp premades just simply farm us throughout whole leveling process and then at 50 it's gonna be even worse with them getting high pvp ranks, more honor and great gear in a matter of weeks, when we'll be stuck with blues at best.

Shadowlander

To the original poster, I've noticed a lot that lower population PvE servers have been paired up with higher 'level' PvP servers, causing the players on the lower side to be very disadvantaged. We had already seen multiple posts about faction balance, and as Trion doesn't have any limits on the faction characters made, you can already see large imbalances on many servers, faction and population wise.
    Last edited by Bik; 03-11-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: quote of removed post

To the original poster, I've noticed a lot that lower population PvE servers have been paired up with higher 'level' PvP servers, causing the players on the lower side to be very disadvantaged. We had already seen multiple posts about faction balance, and as Trion doesn't have any limits on the faction characters made, you can already see large imbalances on many servers, faction and population wise.[/QUOTE]

If they limit the amount of people per faction per server, then they open up a whole new can of worms, where guilds end up having issues rolling on their desired sides on their desired server because of some artificial wall put in front of them. You think the QQ is bad now...you lock sides down and you've got more QQ than you can imagine.

To the OP. Don't know what to tell you bud. Yeah, losing is frustrating, but you can't expect Trion to fix your inability to pvp. If you're going against pre-mades then make your own. If you aren't good at pvp and expect to win, well that just simply isn't the case. You rolled on a pve server for a reason, and if you can't handle losing to people who actually pvp consistently then just don't step into a warfront. If you end up leaving because you can't win a pvp match, even though you obviously chose a pve server, then im sorry to say you're going to be missing out on some good pve content. Make an alt on defiant on another server for your pvp fix then if that will stroke your e-peen. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Bik; 03-11-2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: removed quote of removed post

Shadowlander

Trion should have placed only PvP servers in battlegroups against other PvP servers. They would need to place more servers together in PvE battlegroups because the participants would obviously be lower.
    Last edited by Bik; 03-11-2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: removed quote of removed post

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    If they limit the amount of people per faction per server, then they open up a whole new can of worms, where guilds end up having issues rolling on their desired sides on their desired server because of some artificial wall put in front of them. You think the QQ is bad now...you lock sides down and you've got more QQ than you can imagine.

To the OP. Don't know what to tell you bud. Yeah, losing is frustrating, but you can't expect Trion to fix your inability to pvp. If you're going against pre-mades then make your own. If you aren't good at pvp and expect to win, well that just simply isn't the case. You rolled on a pve server for a reason, and if you can't handle losing to people who actually pvp consistently then just don't step into a warfront. If you end up leaving because you can't win a pvp match, even though you obviously chose a pve server, then im sorry to say you're going to be missing out on some good pve content. Make an alt on defiant on another server for your pvp fix then if that will stroke your e-peen. Good luck to you.
    There would need to be a flexible limit of about 40 to 60%, which would still cause some problems with people wanting to join their guild, etc, but after the sides balance they would be able to switch back. Some servers will be flooded with one faction, and will make open world pvp basically nonexistant for both sides. Basically it would be best if they put it in now, when most people have joined their guilds on the correct factions, and it would still balance it out eventually.

About the original post, I actually very much agree with him. It's not about 'leaving the server or rerolling a defiant', its about the fact that a lower population PvE server is getting placed in the same battlegroup as a very high populated and well known PvP server. Players who choose PvE servers obviously are either not as great at PvP, or want to play it for fun and casually. The fact that they are in the same battlegroup as Cloudborne is placing casual players with more hardcore players, and is entirely unbalanced.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Laci View Post
    To the original poster, I've noticed a lot that lower population PvE servers have been paired up with higher 'level' PvP servers, causing the players on the lower side to be very disadvantaged. We had already seen multiple posts about faction balance, and as Trion doesn't have any limits on the faction characters made, you can already see large imbalances on many servers, faction and population wise.
    My server is not a low population one, it's one of the original servers which were available at start and it's actually rather highly OVERpopulated and numbers of players in warfront are not the problem. Problem is, as I said, that we (a pve server) faced off a highly populated with a russian pvp community pvp server, which always does premades/just more prepared for pvp. I just want pve servers to be in their own battlegroup and pvp servers in their own.
    There's so many ways to fix this and I mentioned most of them I believe, any of this'll do, but pvp and pve servers should not be in one battlegroup. Just thought that allowing premades to face ONLY other premades is a good solution too, but I'm affraid it won't help as much as totally excluding pvp servers from pve battlegroups and vice-versa.

Soulwalker

You're acting like it's your entire server against their entire server -- you have people from the uber PvP server on your side too. And they'll have people from PvE servers on their side. It's not a PvE server vs PvP server issue. They have a blend of both as well as you do. Blending PvP and PvE servers is a total non-issue.

If the complaint is "Premade vs. PuG", then of course they're going to roll you. Make your own premade and fight back.

I'm sorry to put this thread down, but it just sounds like whining that an organized force of dedicated players was able to defeat your random group of PuGgers, notorious for not giving a rat's arse about PvP objectives or communication or teamwork. To which I humbly reply: "Duh."

lud
    Champion

They should stick pvp with pvp and pve with pve. The pve players are always crap in pvp fights.

Soulwalker

Default Well Ive got a solution...

Well Ive got a solution... they should completely and utterly destroy Dwarfs. I know I dont like being seen with them its embarrassing. I dont understand why Dwarfs are in games at all in the first place. I dont see anything cool about being a dwarf. If they replaced them with something more cool then more peeps would roll guardian. Just my opinion though.

This happens in most games I know I know im gonna say it anyway... Wow had the same problem. Hord got bad *** undead and blood elf's, where alliance got dwarfs and gnomes.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by CriZZly View Post
    Well Ive got a solution... they should completely and utterly destroy Dwarfs. I know I dont like being seen with them its embarrassing. I dont understand why Dwarfs are in games at all in the first place. I dont see anything cool about being a dwarf. If they replaced them with something more cool then more peeps would roll guardian. Just my opinion though.

This happens in most games I know I know im gonna say it anyway... Wow had the same problem. Hord got bad *** undead and blood elf's, where alliance got dwarfs and gnomes.
    Well that's totally your opinion, and my opinion on the subject is that WoW's forsaken are the most ret@rded race in game and blood elfs are simply gay. And while I do agree on gnomes, dwarfs of WoW are the real bad@ss race. Unfortunately RIFT-wise dwarfs are pretty ugly, but so are bahmi and kelari or w/e they're spelled.

You're acting like it's your entire server against their entire server -- you have people from the uber PvP server on your side too. And they'll have people from PvE servers on their side. It's not a PvE server vs PvP server issue. They have a blend of both as well as you do. Blending PvP and PvE servers is a total non-issue.
    Let me explain AGAIN. We have this heavily pvp oriented server Cloudborne in our battlegroup. At least half of people in every game on defiant side is from this server. At the VERY least. You haven't been reading around it seems, I did read before picking a server for my headstart and I especially didn't pick cloudborne because I knew it'll be filled with a pvp junk most of all, like whole russian pvp community decided to roll a defiants in there (what I could not forsee, or maybe I could but missed it, is that my server and this one are gonna be in same battlegroup). That's my fact. Also it's my fact that no pug is so well organised as defiants are in by far most games in my battlegroup. I wouldn't make a thread like this if it didn't go way too far. I had to do about 30 games yesterday to win one for daily. They always have tanks to carry flag/shard/whatever, they always have healers to heal said tanks, this can NOT be a coincidence.

P.S. mtndew, you know... You remind me of these little dogs that keep barking at you, but as soon as you turn to them they run away... Well keep barking, hopefully a ban would finally shut you up.
    Last edited by TheBeast; 03-05-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacheron View Post
    -- you have people from the uber PvP server on your side too. To which I humbly reply: "Duh."
    This... it's perfectly balanced, no matter WHAT server you're on, and what side of the battle.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    Hello, this post is mostly aimed at developers since I'm tryind everything possible to get this to them, so please don't bother replying unless you're a Trion representative and can give any useful info.
    I stopped reading here because of your poor attitude. It's a pity too because you never know who's listening on these forums
    Last edited by Trisian; 03-05-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Soulwalker

Its been mentioned before, by others and by me. Open all the NA servers to the warfronts, and open all the EU servers to their warfronts.

Lower queues, more variability, increased population at all the levels to prevent stagnation for new players as the older players level. As server populations fluctuates at the very least warfronts wouldn't be heavily affected.

PvE vs. PvP won't matter, players will get better, and there are many players that are capable of PvPing that reside on PvE servers, to think your are somehow superior is ignorant, more experienced maybe but they would get better with time.

Cheers

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post

Just want to inform you one extra time, dear Trion of an exceptionally bad situation we have at Blightweald EU and all servers we share battleground with. This problem that pretty much seriously destroying your good game for many players is that pvp is highly disbalanced and guardian side loses probably 90% of all games. You should have statistic on your hands, please take a look at it... We, a Blightweald server, are first and foremost a pve server, so I do question the reason of the whole presence of a Cloudborne PVP server in our battlegroup (maybe more, I mostly see ppl from cloudborne). But the biggest problem is that this server is, as far as I know, totally plagued with russian players who also seem to be pvp nerds, who pretty much all rolled defiant side and destroy guardian pugs in almost every warfront out there. This is getting quite frustrating, frankly. So very much frustrating in fact, that I'm not sure I'm going to play your game much longer. This is in no way a threat, it is just a single possible outcome of my current situation. It is THAT bad and we here at blightweald (and probably all other pve servers in our battlegroup) really do need at least some your attention.
    Please remove cloudborne (especially) and other (if any, didn't really see much except this one) from our battlegroup (or move our server to some other battlegroup with only pve servers?), OR give us a server transfer option, paid or not, I don't care, I just wanna have that option as fast as possible, OR give us a faction change option. I really wouldn't want to fully reroll from a lvl 44 (currently) character with high lvl professions and some money.
    Really hoping you won't miss this message and fix this terrible situation very soon. You're against exploiting, well, prove it, because this works atm like a real exploiting, cloudborne pvp premades just simply farm us throughout whole leveling process and then at 50 it's gonna be even worse with them getting high pvp ranks, more honor and great gear in a matter of weeks, when we'll be stuck with blues at best.
    Were you expecting PVP to be fair? It's not, in any mmo out there. Get over yourself and stop thinking you're entitled to warfronts you can win.

Translation: OP and others in his BG suck at pvp, get better, TRION won't patch bad players.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast