+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black Garden is Unplayable Due to AFK's

Shadowlander

Default Black Garden is Unplayable Due to AFK's

3/4 of BG games seem to have 1-2 AFKs for me lately. In a 10-player map that's basically DPS-spam, this is a guaranteed loss. I seriously don't understand the mentality of doing that in a game that's days old, but it happens all the time.

Can we please get a votekick option with a penalty timer? It's not like these guys aren't incredibly obvious about what they're doing.

More and more afk ,because trion put us ONLY 3 server to queue and all the games we meet premdes ,expect soon to be all the games afk.It's not our fault that guardian side are full of kids that suck the mic on vent and they just join warfonts to grind favor/faction.

Rift Disciple

While it does seem to be a problem it is possible to win it with 3-4 people afk. It's not easy and requires coordination, strategy, etc. but at the very least it's fun and challenging especially when the outcome is close.

I understand this post was probably inspired by losing several matches by a large margin, but think of it like this. The more you learn to overcome this challenge the better a player you will become.

Shadowlander

The solution is simple ... no favor in respawn zone , istant kick from warfront when the char goes in AFK status

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Von Diakonov View Post
    The solution is simple ... no favor in respawn zone , istant kick from warfront when the char goes in AFK status
    My name is Fireraven and I approve this message.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fireraven View Post
    My name is Fireraven and I approve this message.
    would seem like a no-brainer to me too!

Ace

AFK timer would need to be much shorter in a war front. Most are over fairly quickly.

Sword of Telara

been running Wfs pretty continually on various characters, never seen an afker yet.

Default Afk..

It's quite fair always, cous if your team have a afker the other team probaly also have one..
    And if you realy want to talk about afkers in a Battleground, try to play The Codex without someone who's afk ! Be my guest ;)
    Regard,

Dixxii

-

Webmaster : http://websebus.nl/
    E-mail : info@websebus.nl for all your questions about webdesign.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    More and more afk ,because trion put us ONLY 3 server to queue and all the games we meet premdes ,expect soon to be all the games afk.It's not our fault that guardian side are full of kids that suck the mic on vent and they just join warfonts to grind favor/faction.
    you're an embarrassment to bloodiron.
    If you defiants ever dared come down from your hill you might have a chance of picking the fang up once in a while. Untill then, keep kidding yourself that the gaurdian pugs who wipe the floor with you are premades, if thats what makes you feel better.

yeah its a good start, though you know for a fact that the moment you do this the leeches will just move their character elsewhere before going afk (to either side of the start zone)

yeah this needs to be sorted asap, seen the same guy AFK in black garden/codex for 48 hours now. Im not gonna name and shame but theres a topic about him on sagespire EU PVP forums.

MentalTM / Cleric / Typhiria

Shadowlander

Just to be clear, this was after basically a dozen Black Gardens and only having 2 without AFKers (and it was always the same 3 people). Anecdotal, but I do believe the problem is real personally.

I really prefer a votekick system. Any system without human intervention is going to just be worked around. I have seen simple run-in-place afks, but also more sophisticated (bots?) who would step out to the edge, not move the whole match, but auto-attack anything that came in range.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixxii View Post
    It's quite fair always, cous if your team have a afker the other team probaly also have one..
    And if you realy want to talk about afkers in a Battleground, try to play The Codex without someone who's afk ! Be my guest ;)
    This is not true. It is fairly obvious to tell when the other team has an AFK-er by looking at the damage-done and healing-done screen.

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    been running Wfs pretty continually on various characters, never seen an afker yet.
    This could be a problem local to my wargroup/faction, I don't really know. It would make sense that the side with 0-time queues would see a lot more of this.

I haven't seen the problem since reporting the habitual AFK'er infesting my games, but this is a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Yeah already given up pvping on guardian side- played loads of games in codex and garden and lost 99% of hte games- only ever won 1- that put me off it completely.

I stopped doing pvp in wow on alliance side because of this, it seems its started to happen here now as well.

So if you want good pvp-you better off rolling on defiant side- as guardians suck big big time in pvp!
    it means whatever just happened is worse than an "error #2000" but not as bad as an "error #2002"?
    Huh?

Ascendant

Warfronts are joke, nerf heals and buffs and double damage. Im not going to stay for next month thats for sure. Side with best heals and buffs win, good luck with this.
    Last edited by June; 03-05-2011 at 09:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast