+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insta Fang Pickup?

Prophet of Telara

Default Insta Fang Pickup?

Something odd I've been noticing about Black Garden since around Beta 6... Somehow it appears you can insta-pickup the fang. I haven't seen Defiant do it, but I have seen plenty of times when I click to pick up the fang, the little bar shows up at the bottom and no one else is around me. All of a suddent a guardian runs over, bends down and runs off with it immediatly with no pause. Do they have an ability I am not aware of that allows them to pick up the fang without the need for the cast bar or is something just wrong with me and some of my other guildies eye sight who have repeatedly seen this occur?
    Last edited by Tashan; 03-05-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Shadowlander

I have noticed this many times. Whether there are many people around it, or only one, I've seen the fang drop and literally instantly be picked up again.

Noticed it, too. Plus position wise, is it closer to Guardian? Kinds seems that way, but I may be wrong.

i have not seen an insta pickup, though my gut feeling would be that it is to do with latency. without seeing it myself though...? on the other note, (proximity to guardian spawn) the fang spawns after you have had time to run well past the middle of the map, this should be a non issue if your melee knows not to just stand on your side of the fang. even one person charging straight through seems to attract almost the whole enemy team's focus.

and when i play melee it's always me

edit: clarifying what i said.
    Last edited by wurcker; 03-05-2011 at 01:21 AM.
    insert signature here.

I see more instant pick ups than I do bots. (Seastone/Belmont/Aedraxis/Spitescar)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Laci View Post
    I have noticed this many times. Whether there are many people around it, or only one, I've seen the fang drop and literally instantly be picked up again.
    Whew, good I thought I was going insane. And I don't think it is necessarily Latency based because I have seen it to where me and the person holding the fang are the only people over there. I kill them and start picking it up then someone drops off of their spawn and immediatly picks it up. While I could see it being latency based if there were others around, if I start my cast bar going before anyone is even over there it shouldn't make a difference, I should pick it up first because they still have to wait for their bar. They are not even waiting for that, it literally is a drive by pickup.
    Last edited by Tashan; 03-05-2011 at 08:59 AM.

No reason to make this a guardian vs defiant thing. If there are instant pickups somehow, it's an exploit that needs to be fixed.

Insta-cast procs, maybe?

I mean, I can critically skin mobs, which procs my Jolt. Perhaps unintended interactions with certain abilities.

I think it's definitely a lag issue. I've noticed it when I use a computer with a weaker wireless card, but when I use my own computer I never see it. And I do a lot of Black Gardens. And a lot of Fang pickups. A lot.
    Showtime, P50 Guardian Warrior
    Showdown, P50 Guardian Cleric
    Risette, P50 Defiant Warrior
    Lurie, P50 Defiant Cleric
    11/11 HK, 3/8 ID ~ Where do I find the time?

I've noticed this too, seems to always happen for defiant.

I've also watched this happen. I've will have already started picking up the fang and watch a guardian start after me and watch them run away with the fang.

Reverence - Australia/Oceania Defiant guild
    http://www.reverence-rift.com/

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by CherryWasHere View Post
    I think it's definitely a lag issue. I've noticed it when I use a computer with a weaker wireless card, but when I use my own computer I never see it. And I do a lot of Black Gardens. And a lot of Fang pickups. A lot.
    See I don't think it is lag because otherwise you would at least see them around there before the fang gets piccked up. For example, I can be sitting out in th middle of the guardian side, all of the other guardians dead or on the defiant side fighting, kill the fang carrier, click the fang, be a portion of the way through and see a guardian run all the way across the field, stoop and run off immediatly. If it was lag they would be stooped there longer after they moved off, or they would just be standing around the area on my side when on their side it showed they were picking it up. There is no lag artifacts like that so I have problems buying that. Especially when I have a 20ms ping on a 20mb/s line less that 8 hours from the servers themselves.

Also seen where I am repeatedly AEing the area around the fang after it drops, our guys are trying to pick it up, one of their's runs right by and grabs it up with the AE still going off.
    Last edited by Tashan; 03-05-2011 at 03:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread