+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage PvP is a blast!

Soulwalker

Default Mage PvP is a blast!

So i tried PvP today for the first time and all i can say is it was the most fun experience i've had playing the entire time I've been on rift. I was a little skeptical going in as a lvl 27 mage with only basic blues and greens cloth armor but instantly any negativity was gone. I was topping dmg done on every chart for about 5 games in a row. I thought maybe i was just playing bad people but turns out my warlock/chloro/necro build rapes almost every other class. I was laughing while DoTing everything in my path and healing as two or three people were trying to take me down because i couldn't believe i was able to last that long and continue to bring thier heath to zero. I think rift PvP is awesome and can't wait to keep leveling into the higher prestiges.

Is mage OPed right now or something? i don't ever see any other mages up at the top with me so maybe everyone else just doesn't know what they're doing so give me some info as to what classes you guys really enjoy playing.
    Last edited by mattbchs15; 03-05-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Soulwalker

Yes, your nerf is right after the Sab's nerf.

I hate mages.

Except when I play as Void Knight.
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

Shadowlander

mages are an extremly anoying class 2 play againts when played well. Prymoancers just blow through everything and have a very sick dmg increase and chance to stun on nukes, they r a big challenge

Other mages are also worthy of good battles but its the pryos which are starting to shine, funny how so many are saying they r gimped

Rift Master

well on our server its mostly bards champs and rogues, mages get face rolled in 2 secs. harrow server

I love you.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Plane Touched

Thats funny. The last lock/necro guy who I jumped on managed to cast two DoTs and get halfway through a spell before he died. Two 4-second stuns and a 5 second silence. Come again please.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Thats funny. The last lock/necro guy who I jumped on managed to cast two DoTs and get halfway through a spell before he died. Two 4-second stuns and a 5 second silence. Come again please.
    yeah i get stunned sometimes but hardly ever do i die from being stunned multiple times i just break, heal, stun you back, then slow movement 80% then then channel till death do you part. Rogues are my least favorite to go up against though. Which they should be i think rogues are awesome and deserve to **** in PvP.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by mattbchs15 View Post
    yeah i get stunned sometimes but hardly ever do i die from being stunned multiple times i just break, heal, stun you back, then slow movement 80% then then channel till death do you part. Rogues are my least favorite to go up against though. Which they should be i think rogues are awesome and deserve to **** in PvP.
    I calll troll or poor opposition. Champions will bullrush -> titanstrike you to death, and sabos will land detonates for 80% hp regardless of any skill involved. Skill doesn't enter into it when your controls are locked.

+ Reply to Thread