+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Poverty of pvp players

Default Poverty of pvp players

Why i cant gain money when winning warfronts to learn new skills and buy new equipment? PVP levelling is more difficult than questing.
    Quad-core Athlon II X4 635
    Zotac GTX570
    4 GB Ram
    750w PSU
    Windows 7 Basic x64

CPUBenchmarkTime = 1.621023
    GPUBenchmarkTime = 1.571975

Champion of Telara

1. (PvE)/(PvPvE) Game
    2. Time Investment
    3. PvP Vendors
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-04-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Rift Disciple

I don't see what you're complaining about. I earned roughly 1/5 of the money I earned leveling from 1-21 questing filling up half a bar to reach level 22 PvPing via Warfronts. There definitely is no poverty here, well not unless your team is managing to kill almost nothing, or does not know how to loot =P

LOL. That's why they give us free gear.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

My two toons are dirt poor too. But I'm happy w/ being able to get gear from favor.
    If you really needed money and don't like quests, you could farm a few mats. The going rate for Oak, Iron, and so on is pretty high

If your only doing warfronts your gear is outdated quickly.

ATLEAST mix in some instance runs to keep your gear up-to-date.

I am almost 39 and leveled mostly through Warfronts. I have and will continue to run each instance a few times to maintain up-to-date gear. You also need to venture into the world because there are pvp venders at various outpost and out in the world is where.. you know... u find open world pvp. Your only playing one small part of the game, dont expect to be rich.

Im not spending much favor until 50, the gear is too quickly replaced and outdated.
    Last edited by Alexander26; 03-05-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fireraven View Post
    I don't see what you're complaining about. I earned roughly 1/5 of the money I earned leveling from 1-21 questing filling up half a bar to reach level 22 PvPing via Warfronts. There definitely is no poverty here, well not unless your team is managing to kill almost nothing, or does not know how to loot =P
    I personally do not believe you. It would be impossible for you to even buy your new rank spells after a certain point.

At level 34, my spells cost 10g each, and every time you buy new spells you're looking at 10+ spells. That's over 1 plat everytime you gain 2 levels.

And that is only if you have a single role.

Meanwhile, you are lucky if you make more than 1g per battleground. Which in itself requires being lucky enough to loot some grey that sells for like 2g.

And don't even think about using portals much. Sometimes that can cost more than 10g at higher levels.

You can just go ahead and forget about item enchantments as well etc.

Meanwhile, I went and PvE'd yesterday from level 32-33 and I made 10 plat in that time. And that was just in gold, that is NOT counting the materials I made which I could have sold for way more, but instead used to level up my own crafting. Which I then sold later for more gold.

The differences between PvE and PvP payoff is ridiculous. And PVE is easy mode anyway.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    I personally do not believe you. It would be impossible for you to even buy your new rank spells after a certain point.

At level 34, my spells cost 10g each, and every time you buy new spells you're looking at 10+ spells. That's over 1 plat everytime you gain 2 levels.

And that is only if you have a single role.

Meanwhile, you are lucky if you make more than 1g per battleground. Which in itself requires being lucky enough to loot some grey that sells for like 2g.

And don't even think about using portals much. Sometimes that can cost more than 10g at higher levels.

You can just go ahead and forget about item enchantments as well etc.

Meanwhile, I went and PvE'd yesterday from level 32-33 and I made 10 plat in that time. And that was just in gold, that is NOT counting the materials I made which I could have sold for way more, but instead used to level up my own crafting. Which I then sold later for more gold.

The differences between PvE and PvP payoff is ridiculous. And PVE is easy mode anyway.
    That's because this isn't a strictly pvp based game. It's not an insignificant portion granted, but it's not what the whole game is about. pvp players should be happy with the xp and gear, at least they are nice enough to give you that. I see no reason why they should let pvp players stay in their warfront bubble and make money too.

I mean... pve being so easy mode and all, it shouldn't be an issue to do expert dungeons / raids...whatever for money, right?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Elderon82 View Post
    That's because this isn't a strictly pvp based game. It's not an insignificant portion granted, but it's not what the whole game is about. pvp players should be happy with the xp and gear, at least they are nice enough to give you that. I see no reason why they should let pvp players stay in their warfront bubble and make money too.

I mean... pve being so easy mode and all, it shouldn't be an issue to do expert dungeons / raids...whatever for money, right?
    You don't even get the gear really. By the time you hit level 35, you have to be decorated in EVERYTHING in order to be able to get gear. So the only way you can even get the PvP gear is if you do nothing but PvP. Since I spent a few levels making cash, I can't even buy level 35 gear because I need more reputation with them.

One of them that requires decorated you aren't even able to play until level 30. I'm no where near decorated in that one.

Before level 35, you don't even get much gear. A piece here and there is IT. Even with the amount I have PVP'd, I am only decorated with 1 - black garden. Guess how many pieces of PvP gear I got @ level 35? 1. A crappy necklace. And I was still FORCED to do PvE just to be able to upgrade my spells.

It's not an issue of difficulty.

Now, take your little PvE *** elsewhere as you don't know what the **** you are talking about.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 03-05-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Champion of Telara

http://tinypic.com/r/r8xggm/7
    you guys didnt know? Earning money with pvp is ****ing achievement. you are ****ing hero if you make 2 plat with pvp.
    so far i got 26 golds while having 4k kills lol.
    and you can see how much skills cost fro me...
    buying 3rd role cost 3 plat. 4th would cost 30 plat i guess, didnt bother looking yet..
    Last edited by pechkin; 03-05-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Soulwalker

PvP play consists of 90% of my play so far. I have mixed in a few instances here and there, as well as PvE questing.

However, I must agree with a few folks on here that the balance of PvP gear available at particular levels and at faction levels (as well) is a bit out of sorts. I find that as a Ranger, that only two PvP items were available to me before I got to 35. Infiltrator, (PvP Soul) was available, but thats about it. I have to wait another 10 levels to 35, just to get additional gear, and even then its only a few pieces and the rep levels are a bit lofty. However, I'll do the best I can to reach those levels, but I believe where there's smoke there's fire.

I am not whining, as I love PvP in this game and play it always, regardless of what I get, because I love the PvP experience intrinsically. However, guildies gear that are pure PvE, have far outstripped me in both gear level, and gold/plat earned along the way up.

If you play a lot of PvP in Rift, and you look forward to gear and rewards...I just want to say that in my view the rewards are disparate and inequitable. And thats okay for now, as Trion may take a look when things settle down, and fix the gear valley between the two styles of play. By then, I'll be 50 but thats okay.

However, I believe that it puts people off from playing PvP on a PvE server, when gear is so hard to come by. Additionally, the person above who was speaking about achievements as some way to gain a foothold here is wrong.

PvP here is a great experience and a lot of fun. The experience just needs to be reexamined.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fireraven View Post
    Those of us who are trying to win are usually a little too busy to loot lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NightfallRob View Post
    Those of us who are trying to win are usually a little too busy to loot lol.
    so true! if at any point I see "3 silver" ticking in my chat it means we will loose this wf;)

I think it is pretty easy to get favor though. In a week I got 27k and played 5 matches a day by average. So it's hard to complain too much.
    Last edited by Sanistus; 03-05-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sanistus View Post
    I think it is pretty easy to get favor though. In a week I got 27k and played 5 matches a day by average. So it's hard to complain too much.
    When you are level 35, you will have to be decorated with every PvP faction to get their gear.

I had that with black garden since I've been doing it since level 10.

This gave me a single piece of PvP gear when I hit level 35, a necklace.

Codex I started at level 20. I am friendly with them, not too far away from decorated. I'd say it's reachable.

But you also have to be decorated with whitesteps. I'm not even friendly with them yet, since it didn't start until level 30, and I've been having to PvE lately just to make some money.

I believe the level 40 mount is 40 plat or around there. I'll have to be getting that, otherwise you will be at a disadvantage in PvP where mounts are used and speed is of importance.

Just isn't right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast