+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Poverty of pvp players

Champion of Telara

but actually there is a way to make money with pvp - sell those 25 lvl staffs from vendors - they cost kinda 490 favor and sold for 13-14 gold to vendor, not much but still.

Soulwalker

PvP really needs better itemization overall.

It would also be nice if crafting materials dropped there on a regular basis.

The answer is fairly easy: Trion didn't make that big 'ol world out there so people wouldn't play in it. They want you to do the pve stuff as well. That's part of the game. If you don't want to do the quests and dungeons then you, obviously don't want to play the game.

And on a side note, the pvp and pve aspects are of equal lack of difficulty, it's only the need to stroke ones ego that makes anybody define one as more difficult than the other. Besides real pvp is in fps games and such not mmos.

I don't think MMOs need difficulty though. On something else it would be a challenge, but a role playing game it's just annoying.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rentak View Post
    The answer is fairly easy: Trion didn't make that big 'ol world out there so people wouldn't play in it. They want you to do the pve stuff as well. That's part of the game. If you don't want to do the quests and dungeons then you, obviously don't want to play the game.

And on a side note, the pvp and pve aspects are of equal lack of difficulty, it's only the need to stroke ones ego that makes anybody define one as more difficult than the other. Besides real pvp is in fps games and such not mmos.
    What a joke.

Yes, I'm sure those PvE mobs that come 1 at a time in a controlled environment using their 1 or 2 abilities in a very predictable manner for you to spam all your abilities against over and over is really close to trying to kill another player who has equally or better gear than you do, tons of abilities and the ability to kite, move around and so on is equal in difficulty.

Pants go over the legs and around the waist.

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    What a joke.

Yes, I'm sure those PvE mobs that come 1 at a time in a controlled environment using their 1 or 2 abilities in a very predictable manner for you to spam all your abilities against over and over is really close to trying to kill another player who has equally or better gear than you do, tons of abilities and the ability to kite, move around and so on is equal in difficulty.

Pants go over the legs and around the waist.
    Have you ever done a raid?

You have to learn what your class does in both. If dungeons and raids were so easy they wouldn't need tuning constantly by dev teams and people wouldn't compete for world firsts.

And your attitude is typical of many kids I've encountered in these games who lead with the insult. If you know what the classes do, generally you can pvp adequately. Situational awareness is required in both pve content and pvp content, I've seen a lot of people kicked from raids for not paying attention and killed quite a few people in pvp environments for the same thing.

I haven't pvp'd in Rift yet, most of my pvp experience comes from other games. Based on that, no I've never seen that pvp was particularly challenging in mmo's. As I said, fps games offer challenging pvp with environments tailored to opposing real people. I've never seen pvp in any of the many mmo's I've played that didn't leave me bored eventually. Different strokes for different folks.

I see nothing in mmo pvp that is worth being elitist about, or anything else in mmo's for that matter.

my suggestion

http://i058.radikal.ru/1103/a7/019e59b00626.jpg

for each WIN in warfront

reward must be scaled with level
    Last edited by Greengrass; 03-05-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Quad-core Athlon II X4 635
    Zotac GTX570
    4 GB Ram
    750w PSU
    Windows 7 Basic x64

CPUBenchmarkTime = 1.621023
    GPUBenchmarkTime = 1.571975

Favor = PVP Cash

Rift Disciple

go exploring the world for pvp kills etc, there are some pvp vendors in towns that do not require any rep to buy the gear...

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinSam View Post
    Favor = PVP Cash
    Cant learn new skills for favor.
    Zotac GTX570
    4 GB Ram
    750w PSU
    Windows 7 Basic x64

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinSam View Post
    Favor = PVP Cash
    Just wait until you are around level 40+ and skill upgrades start costing 1-2 plat per soul rising to 3 plat by the end, a day of WF's don't even pay enough to cover the cost of potions for a single match by that level which incidentally are not available with favour, nor are mounts or items on the ah.
    Last edited by hexcaliber; 03-06-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hexcaliber View Post
    Just wait until you are around level 40+ and skill upgrades start costing 1-2 plat per soul rising to 3 plat by the end

Oh god, i even didnt know that, went wrong way then. I must forget about WFs and saves money for high-lvl skills.
    Zotac GTX570
    4 GB Ram
    750w PSU
    Windows 7 Basic x64

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2