+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP is no different than WoW?

Soulwalker

Default PvP is no different than WoW?

For those of you that have done pvp from level 30+, is the pvp primarily focused on instanced battlegrounds or does it move to full scale rvr similar to daoc, shadowbane, etc?

Currently there are only warfronts (and open PvP on PvP servers), so the answer would be "yes", though the devs said that if players want RvR, they will work on it. There was a podcast and a forum post about that.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatauch View Post
    For those of you that have done pvp from level 30+, is the pvp primarily focused on instanced battlegrounds or does it move to full scale rvr similar to daoc, shadowbane, etc?
    The warfronts are similar to battlegrounds...
    The world PvP is way more fun then in WoW... Especially once people start doing 10-man raid rifts on PvP servers.
    The rewards are different. You can only get rewards as good as your prestige rank allows (like a PvP level).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bruzurk View Post
    The warfronts are similar to battlegrounds...
    The world PvP is way more fun then in WoW... Especially once people start doing 10-man raid rifts on PvP servers.
    The rewards are different. You can only get rewards as good as your prestige rank allows (like a PvP level).
    I'm on a pvp server and there's pretty much no world pvp. Trion is hoping the same exact thing WoW was hoping for on their pvp servers when that game was released which ended out being a total failure. Without any planned rvr structure it's not gonna happen. What that means is that Rift is basically a WoW pvp failure clone.

I'm on a pvp server and there's pretty much no world pvp. Trion is hoping the same exact thing WoW was hoping for on their pvp servers when that game was released which ended out being a total failure. Without any planned rvr structure it's not gonna happen. What that means is that Rift is basically a WoW pvp failure clone.
    I am coming across quite a bit of world pvp, not sure what is happening on your server. I do agree it will eventually die out though after most are at the level cap. Hopefully they will have RvR implemented by then.

I'm on a pvp server and there's pretty much no world pvp.
    Your server must be pretty bad. We have had some awesome open world pvp the last couple of days in the 30-40 level range. Fights over footholds, invasions, and just stomping each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Promising preview! The less Rift conforms with the preferences of someone who still plays VG, the better for the vast majority of potential customers out there.
    Winzhi Defiant Mage

30+ there's been an *** ton of wpvp on my server: zone events, rifts, the likes.

I've even been ganked by rogues. I'm so giddy.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Soulwalker

Hmm, maybe I'll reroll on another server then, thanks for the info!

lud
    Champion

There is a lot of world pvp in scarlet gorge, one team will take the boss then a raid of the other team will come in, we once fought from the defaint area all the way to our main base as we dragged the boss back to it.
    I dunno what's going to happen with the later zones as each side seem to have their own area.
    The respawn points being so far away and warriors 3 shoting everyone is quite a deterrent tho.

Go back to warhammer/daoc... I heard their RvR and subscriber count is going well.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by lud View Post
    There is a lot of world pvp in scarlet gorge, one team will take the boss then a raid of the other team will come in, we once fought from the defaint area all the way to our main base as we dragged the boss back to it.
    I dunno what's going to happen with the later zones as each side seem to have their own area.
    The respawn points being so far away and warriors 3 shoting everyone is quite a deterrent tho.
    Went there a few times, once going for 3 hours just ganking and sapping everyone waiting for a hot spot. So much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    Go back to warhammer/daoc... I heard their RvR and subscriber count is going well.
    WH flopped, because it was technically unfinished and the end game content also needed half a year of development time. But DAoC was actually successful. It's really dated now and of course has pretty much no subscribers left, but it introduced many fantastic features and concepts which were really innovative. It did take quite a bit from Ultima Online, but meshed it well with the EQ style of MMORPG design. WoW and Rift brought very little innovation to the table, although Rift refines successful concepts (except in PvP, sadly, but it's still a very new game).
    Last edited by Mivo; 03-05-2011 at 02:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread