+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Briarcliff PvP Grouping

Rift Disciple

Default Briarcliff PvP Grouping

Give us a server in our grouping that actually pvp's...

All of the defiant guilds on our server only play pve and we have 2 hour pvp queues....
    www.lp-clan.com - No Bads

Level 50 Mage - Rank 3 Prestige

Eh? What do you mean?
    The warfront queues are long, or the server queue to get into the game is long?
    Last edited by nacho; 03-04-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Rift Disciple

WF queues too long, a bunch of "hardcore pvp" guilds that supposedly rolled on the server are just sitting there pveing all day... We need a bigger pool
    www.lp-clan.com - No Bads

Level 50 Mage - Rank 3 Prestige

I think that's more of a population imbalance issue than a Defiant lack of participation.
    There are a lot more Defiants interested in PvP, it's just the way it is right now and possibly always will be.

The last thing you would want is even more Defiant PvPers to lengthen your queues even further.
    Although, there can't be many players on either side at level 50 right now so it's skewed even more.

I get annoyed when my queue takes longer than 20 seconds, personally.
    One of the perks for playing the boring faction.

lud
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    I think that's more of a population imbalance issue than a Defiant lack of participation.
    There are a lot more Defiants interested in PvP, it's just the way it is right now and possibly always will be.

The last thing you would want is even more Defiant PvPers to lengthen your queues even further.
    Although, there can't be many players on either side at level 50 right now so it's skewed even more.

We would want more defiant queueing as that would lower our queue times.
    The queue times for 30-40 bracket for guardian are 10-15min. The defiant arn't queuing i think they have the lower population.

Shadowlander

Deal with it. You leveled fast, good for you. Not all of us have no jobs or lives.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by lud View Post
    We would want more defiant queueing as that would lower our queue times.
    The queue times for 30-40 bracket for guardian are 10-15min. The defiant arn't queuing i think they have the lower population.
    It's more or less that people aren't queuing.

Lets say these are the populations: D (75) and G (100)
    Both factions have 10% queuing so: D (8) and G (10)

This means that if D=50, then D = (5) while G = (10)

With as little as 10 percent of your bracket joining WF queues, you're going to get into them regardless. The minimum player amount is 5 (for some) so it'll pop.

From my observations, you'll only get members on one side equal to another, ie 5v5, 6v6, etc. You'll get a deficit only after you've gone to 6v6 and 2 people leave (6v4)

I may be wrong..
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Dunno about you guys but in the 40-49 bracket, queues take a good while, they were instant in the lower brackets, although as a guardian we win about 90% of the bgs. Im not sure if defiant just stopped queuing due to constant losses.

i play defiant, and currently am lower level but an active player. i've probably played about 60+ wf's, and have to say that if i continue to run up against premades against my random groups, then i'll also stop queing. simply put, my schedule and game time, as well as my involvement in the ingame community is low compared to hardcore and dedicated players. i see no reason to que to be fodder for premade groups.

I really don't think it's that no one wants to PvP, I just think most people want to get to 50. The game just launched. If, by next month, when most people have gotten to 50, the queues are still ridiculously long, then complain.
    Showtime, P50 Guardian Warrior
    Showdown, P50 Guardian Cleric
    Risette, P50 Defiant Warrior
    Lurie, P50 Defiant Cleric
    11/11 HK, 3/8 ID ~ Where do I find the time?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post

it's not just that. it's more the fact that every time they queue they get their ***** spanked so they stop queuing. There are many competent defiant pvp guilds at lvl 50 but they just don't queue. not sure what they're doing tbh

Soulwalker

Why do you want to queue? You guys lose most the match ups anyhoo

Wait, check that, I need more Favarrrrr
    Last edited by Impyriel; 03-05-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CherryWasHere View Post
    I really don't think it's that no one wants to PvP, I just think most people want to get to 50. The game just launched. If, by next month, when most people have gotten to 50, the queues are still ridiculously long, then complain.
    Issue isn't people getting to 50, there's probably more Defiant on our server 50 then Guardian. The problem is that every other server on our battlegroup is completely dead for ques (every game will have 70-80% briarcliff players) it's just that the Defiant on our server are too scared to queue.
    Mercy/Celerity/Leviticus ~ Brocliff

Quote Originally Posted by Celeritylol View Post
    Issue isn't people getting to 50, there's probably more Defiant on our server 50 then Guardian. The problem is that every other server on our battlegroup is completely dead for ques (every game will have 70-80% briarcliff players) it's just that the Defiant on our server are too scared to queue.
    I forget the name of the other server, but Briarcliff is grouped with a RP-PvP server (Harrow). RP servers are typically slower to level and less PvP hardcore.

Iam agree with the above post, mostly 75% of the WF groups i see are all Briarcliff both sides.
    Alos when "I" look to make a group for a Pugmade noone ever wants to que with me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast