+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Open World PvP and Favour Rewards

Default Open World PvP and Favour Rewards

I'm curious as to how Favour is calculated in open world PvP. It seems rather random to me so far when I get awarded or just get 0 Favour.

For example, a rogue opened up on me, both of us full hp, I killed him but got no Favour reward (He was 1 level lower). Sometimes I attack a person on full hp (equal level) but no Favour is rewarded, but kills with partial hp is rewarded.
    S♥NE | 소원 | Malaysian

Quote Originally Posted by Gnash View Post
    I'm curious as to how Favour is calculated in open world PvP. It seems rather random to me so far when I get awarded or just get 0 Favour.

For example, a rogue opened up on me, both of us full hp, I killed him but got no Favour reward (He was 1 level lower). Sometimes I attack a person on full hp (equal level) but no Favour is rewarded, but kills with partial hp is rewarded.
    Yeah I've been having huge issues with this myself and I think it's totally broken. I'd say 95% of people I kill in World PvP don't give me any favor or kill credit, and I do not go around ganking lowbies or people fighting mobs. Almost always I am the one being attacked in the first place while fighting a mob, so the people attacking me are not in combat, and are typically equal or higher level.

In one bizarre case, I was attacked by a guy and when he decided he couldn't kill me he took off and ran and got away. 5 minutes later I randomly get some favor and a kill credit, because I guess he died to something else.

Just make it so we get credit for -all- kills in World PvP (unless the victim is way lower level) and problem solved! Who cares if they are already in combat, at half health, or fighting a mob? Not getting favor isn't going to stop people from attacking somebody fighting a mob or at half health, so might as well just give favor for all kills.

Banned

Fix this ASAP.... finding a green player is almost as rare as finding a rare mob.... ******ed pve kill steal systems on players... you gotta be kidding me

I think the tagging system must be bugged, and I assume they're working on a fix for it.

I'm almost 100% certain it's not working as intended, because I saw warrior attacking a mob today (greyed out). He killed the mob, sat and drank to 100% health, stood there for like 10 seconds and was still grey.

Soulwalker

I still haven't found an explanation either.

Ascendant

From my experience lvl doesnt matter, because one time I killed ranged with a pet, pet was in fight and ranger at the back shooting, and the player was green entire time and he was 9 lvl below me then numerous times higher level guy in a fight its grey. I havent really figured it out, I think its broken.

Its some **** up damage calculator behind this Im sure. It can be even monsters who made the biggest damage.
    Last edited by June; 03-06-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gnash View Post

I've had exactly the same scenario as you so far. Two open world pvp fights so far, one equal level, one was a level below me, I killed both. My scoresheet says 0 kills. I got no favour from either of them. Seems like you only get rewarded for killing in warfronts.

It's not a "full/partial hit points" issue afaik as in one fight we were both on about 75-80% when we ran into each other.

Sure hope they change this, I specifically went for this game because they promised viable open world pvp.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    I've had exactly the same scenario as you so far. Two open world pvp fights so far, one equal level, one was a level below me, I killed both. My scoresheet says 0 kills. I got no favour from either of them. Seems like you only get rewarded for killing in warfronts.

It's not a "full/partial hit points" issue afaik as in one fight we were both on about 75-80% when we ran into each other.

Sure hope they change this, I specifically went for this game because they promised viable open world pvp.
    thats not true as i've had kills in 1v1 same lvl world pvp and did get rewards.

also i have when i'm doing warfronts. after 1 ends i stand around in sanctum for a while. and allf of a sudden i start getting xp and favour. for i gues 1 of the enemys that died. but honestly if i'm standing in sanctum i should not get favor for a kill on som1 who is prolly in another warfront or somewhere at the other end of the world.

Soulwalker

Default A World Arena!

There probably won't be actual arenas for a while but i think we can all agree on a world arena in Shimmersand. Kinda like a gurubashi arena in World of Warcraft. A basic arena where a treasure chest drops every 3 hours of the day that drops rare or uncommon loot that we fight to the death for!

Isnt that what world pvp is all about

-Kyaira

+ Reply to Thread