+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab fix?

Soulwalker

Default Sab fix?

I know many people feel that sab's should be changed. I really don't see very many suggestions though so here's mine.

Detonate should not have one crit % chance when used. This would avoid the omfg super burst 1 hit crit situation while still not killing the class. I think that each individual charge should have it's own % chance to crit which is added to the total of the detonate rather than if detonate crits - everything crits.

Thoughts?
    http://www.youtube.com/Virindok44 Aion PVP videos Sin/Chant/Ranger

rwa
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Virindokk View Post
    I really don't see very many suggestions though
    u serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Virindokk View Post
    Detonate should not have one crit % chance when used. This would avoid the omfg super burst 1 hit crit situation while still not killing the class.

No, I believe that this is exactly what would kill the class.
    I play a Champion, just for reference. This super hit that comes from Sabs is a pain, yea - not gamebreaking.
    The fact is that they can only do this every 7 seconds or whatever the universal agreement on that number was.

Yes, when it's a messy warfront fight, you're unlikely to notice them charges being placed. Then the massive crit comes and you're left with 25% hp left.

Also, you understand that quite precisely, you're left with 25% hp left is the reasoning they're not OP?

Perhaps try some teamwork, or less tunnel vision.

1v1, a sab will be easy to beat.
    2v2 - you + a healer vs sab + a healer - you will win if you work together and prioritise effectively.
    3v3 you, a healer + a generic dps vs. a sab, a healer and another generic dps - you will win if you work together and prioritise effectively.

so on, and so forth.

A saboteur is intended to root out the weak, and expose cracks in shoddy teams. Welcome to a game that requires attentive team work. PvPers have been QQing about it's positive lack of presence since that second expansion in that other game and now you're given a set of pvp rules that will benefit fluid teams massively, you want to revert it so that you can go solo-pew-pew everything?

No thanks, I like being rewarded for being a better team, rather than who has the most pew.

Rift is a team game. Get used to it.

One of them dev-folks was hazy against perfect balance. His idea was that each set-up, no matter how niche and obscurely invented - they were intended to be extremely effective at one thing, and not so much the rest. The rest being where your teammates benefit from having a complimenting set-up.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by rwa View Post
    u serious?
    Ya. Not many suggestions that made sense at all. Lots of huge nerfs suggested but that doesn't resolve the problem.

@ Scerun - your post was pointless and didn't contribute to this thread at all. I PLAY A SAB. I know they need fixed. Having 6 spells crit with with your same % chance of 1 spell criting is a huge problem. What would kill the class is lowering their damage all around or getting rid of key elements to the class. Instead this RANDOM element (criting 6 spells for 1) that has a chance to one hit people is what the problem is.

P.S. 1v1 my sab never loses.

Team fights make it even easier.
    Last edited by Virindokk; 03-05-2011 at 05:15 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/Virindok44 Aion PVP videos Sin/Chant/Ranger

Plane Touched

increase the Sab's global cooldown timer to 1.5 secs to match the caster global so I can cleanse as fast as they can apply. Put a 10sec cd on the charges (or some kinda of cooldown) & reduce the duration of the charge to like idk 15 secs. Increase the energy required to apply a charge, to like say 50% of their energy.

anything like that. I don't want their damage nerfed, but they shouldn't be able to simply spam much less spam faster then I can cleanse simply because my global is longer than theirs.

ps. don't have to do all that I posted, but any combination to bring them more in line would be good.

Shadowlander

er....just group with a cleric that removes all of the charges and u wont even know theres a sab there....

lud
    Champion

Sab is quite balanced at 50 and at 10-25 stupidly overpowered. the sab does not gain dmg from attack power his dmg does not scale, once everyone is in valour sab probably won't be viable. A warrior can kill a sab before he can place his charges, all this nerf sab is 10-25 bracket, at 40-50 it's nerf warriors. I hope they fix both.

+ Reply to Thread