+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whitefall Steppes: Unacceptable

Default Whitefall Steppes: Unacceptable

If you have joined the warfront Whitefall Steppes, you have probably noticed one glaring issue: the map. It's just too long and too thin. A funnel of sorts, both factions taper to the center, creating a mass zerg. With fifteen players, you might also have noticed that the team who forms the largest group automatically wins.

Because of it's great length and narrow width, if you die on the other team's side, good luck getting back! That big ol' group o' defiant/guardians is going to wreck you. Ask yourself, have any of your matches ended before the time limit? I bet not. The sheer time it takes to run across the map on foot, and to collect allies from around the map, takes far too long. How about that stalemate with both teams on their side with the other team's flag? Yeah that's going to last all game. IT'S TOO DAMN LONG PEOPLE! It's unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Ask yourself, have any of your matches ended before the time limit? I bet not.
    I have the Zephyr achievement. (Win in less than 9 minutes)

Champion of Telara

agree with op.
    I have the Zephyr achievement. (Win in less than 9 minutes)
    cool story bro.

It is rather big.
    But id say its not narrow. Long maybe but not narrow.
    NIEA - Nightblade L50

Firesand

Rift Chaser

It feels like I'm playing Steal the Bacon in Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and the match lasts for 3 days.

That's how long the matches feel to me.

But, of course, I rolled Defiant. I'm sure it would be more tolerable if we actually won once or twice.

Last edited by Stewy; 03-05-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Uh... Hate to be that "guy" here but l2p. There are plenty of opportunities for strategy. It's called AoE.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

I find this warfront very boring. It seems like 70% of time you are riding with mount to somewhere. If i want to travel i can do that all day in normal world, not in the warfront...

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Uh... Hate to be that "guy" here but l2p. There are plenty of opportunities for strategy. It's called AoE.
    Hah. I don't PvP so I can AoE the opposite faction, 'cause that takes a LOT of strategy.

Hah. I don't PvP so I can AoE the opposite faction, 'cause that takes a LOT of strategy.
    No, but you have AoE snares, fear, CC at you and your team's disposal.

I, and a rogue, AoE fear bombed a big group of guardians with the thing. Bursted the carrier down and retrieved the thing! Success!

l2p
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    No, but you have AoE snares, fear, CC at you and your team's disposal.

I, and a rogue, AoE fear bombed a big group of guardians with the thing. Bursted the carrier down and retrieved the thing! Success!

l2p
    Okay, grats. That still doesn't fix the fact that the map sucks.

The map is fine. Just hang to the right of the map and go in the back door. I did it numerous times in Beta.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Stop Losing! - a RIFT Warfront strategy blog (Black Garden Basics Posted!)
    @StopLosingRIFT - Official RIFT Twitter for Stop Losing!.

Soulwalker

I agree that the map is way too big - but I also think the time limit needs to be changed. All that happens is one side caps once and then turtles for the remainder of the time, farming favor kills.

Or, hell, change the flag pickup timer so you can pick it up on the fly without needing an absorb bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Arixtotle View Post
    The map is fine. Just hang to the right of the map and go in the back door. I did it numerous times in Beta.
    I doubt you capture the flag, because it takes about 2 minutes to get to your base. Oh and, they can see where you are. So zoom zoom on their mounts, and they catch up; the giant group hits you, you die!

Rift Chaser

If you have joined the warfront Whitefall Steppes, you have probably noticed one glaring issue: the map. It's just too long and too thin. A funnel of sorts, both factions taper to the center, creating a mass zerg. With fifteen players, you might also have noticed that the team who forms the largest group automatically wins.

Because of it's great length and narrow width, if you die on the other team's side, good luck getting back! That big ol' group o' defiant/guardians is going to wreck you. Ask yourself, have any of your matches ended before the time limit? I bet not. The sheer time it takes to run across the map on foot, and to collect allies from around the map, takes far too long. How about that stalemate with both teams on their side with the other team's flag? Yeah that's going to last all game. IT'S TOO DAMN LONG PEOPLE! It's unacceptable.
    Try going around like the rest of us do.

Rift Chaser

I doubt you capture the flag, because it takes about 2 minutes to get to your base. Oh and, they can see where you are. So zoom zoom on their mounts, and they catch up; the giant group hits you, you die!
    Think in terms of football. The runner goes in with blockers and, because it's a video game, healers. It requires a team effort, more so than the other warfronts. Each of those builds to this one and requires more coordination and understanding of how a group works together than the last one.

+ Reply to Thread