+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: We Wan't Arena and Rated Warfronts

Quote Originally Posted by Reavan View Post
    There is another game other there with exactly what you want, go check it out.
    I second this idea.

The only reason I'm giving Rift a longer try than just the beta is that I read that some PvP elements are reminiscent of that other game, before the idiocy of nerfed AV, arenas, removal of titles, cross-server, and honor as a form of currency were implemented.

I'm fairly sure that if all you want out of pvp is a way to show off your epeen, there are games that will give you that, without bringing it all to Rift.

Soulwalker

This game needs more world PvP mechanics, not more instanced PvP. I honestly wish it didn't even have Warfronts, and instead was a fully fleshed out world PvP system. They already have the base system mechanics setup via footholds and the Wardstones in towns. The ability to get the best PvP gear purely from world PvP would be good too.

"Wan't" made me mad. (╯ಥ益ಥ)╯彡┻━┻

Shadowlander

Arena is ok by me as long as it's the same gear you can get from Warfronts, otherwise it is no different then telling people they must do Arena as it will be the only way to get the gear.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Daimao View Post
    This game needs more world PvP mechanics, not more instanced PvP. I honestly wish it didn't even have Warfronts, and instead was a fully fleshed out world PvP system. They already have the base system mechanics setup via footholds and the Wardstones in towns. The ability to get the best PvP gear purely from world PvP would be good too.

"Wan't" made me mad. (╯ಥ益ಥ)╯彡┻━┻
    The ability to get best PVP gear purely from your and your teammates skill would be good. Good players need something for them not mass nobrain zerging.

Soulwalker

We Wan't Arena and Rated Warfronts.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathor View Post
    Because ladders are a way to see who's on top, but having in game titles, mounts, ect would make people feel like they have to do it in order to gain those titles, mounts, ect. There are some people out there that like to collect all kinds of things, like titles and mounts. I for one want to get all of the titles I can, but I don't want to be forced into doing Arena to do so. Not to mention this game isn't balanced around small teams, so it would just become a "wait till your calling is flavor of the month."
    Sar is exactly right. It's this very reason why I never PvPed in wow and have spent a good portion of my time in Rift PvPing. Feeling like you have to do something in order to get the next shiny bobble can be a negative ploy for some. This is especially true when it comes to specialized gear with higher stat ratings than what is available to others. The reason I say this is because it serves to create a large gap between organized PvPers and the rest of the community which can be toxic to the game as a whole. Titles, and mounts are less a problem because they do not directly imbalance the game. However, these too can cause various problems.

There needs to be some form of competitive PvP in this game. You can't even q with more then 5 people atm for Warfronts, it's sad.
    Mercy/Celerity/Leviticus ~ Brocliff

Shadowlander

I'm fine with that, as long as:

-It only awards favor
    -You have ladders, but no special titles or gear
    -You can get more honor doing warfronts
    -People can't complain about balancing around small teams
    This
    And always promote world PvP

as it stands now the only thing WoW has over rift is competitive pvp.

Rift has zero competitive pvp atm it's all mindless, unorganized, and as easy as queing up for warfronts over and over.

If they add arenas or 'Colliseums' for like 3v3 and 5v5 type scenarios, they wouldn't have to give any type of new gear or anything. Simply giving titles/a ladder system is plenty of incentive.

Maybe later on down the line when they add cloaks they could give out aesthetic rewards like cloaks or somthing for arena.

Soulwalker

Default Why I do not want an arena

I feel that rated arenas and trying to create an esport out of this game will create simplifications to the game system, and might destroy the creative possibilities that exist in the game at the moment. For an esport the creators will have to do very heavy balancing, and it might be quite impossible with so many variations in character building. Also an arena system already exist in the market (WOW). I love WOW for what it is and I love Rift for its creativity and new gameplay elements. I do not want to change WOW into Rift and I also do not want to make WOW out of Rift.

I'm fine with that, as long as:

-It only awards favor
    -You have ladders, but no special titles or gear
    -You can get more honor doing warfronts
    -People can't complain about balancing around small teams
    Agreed! but imo arenas and rated BG is hopefully kept at WOW. i haven't tried out world PVP yet but looking forward to it and hope its going to be the big thing! just hoping this game will be as daoc was -.^
    Good old times!

Banned

No we don't.

Arena was the worst thing wow ever did.

What we want is proper pvp zones a la Warhammer + daoc.

Gank kiddies can **** and just duel spam.

Quote Originally Posted by kreigal View Post
    LOL so many people complain this game is a copy of "some other" game and then there are posts like this...wanting what the "other" game has already...Don't do Arena or BG's...innovate, think outside the box, don't just put new wrapping paper on it !! And I agree with whatever is put in place...please don't make it about gear !
    Give this person a cookie!

I did a lot of the PvP in WoW and rated battlegrounds killed it for me. It was the whole needing a full group thing. There's only one person I play with in these types of games. I don't have many friends, I'm kind of anthropophobic, and it's hard for me to get along with people even on the interwebs.

Short version: I guess a PvP ranking system would be okay so long as I'm not required to group up before hand. Think of something new though. Leaderboards/ladders = kind of boring. I'm not trying to play my 360 or PS3 while on Rift.

EDIT: Arenas are just no. Balance gripes would make CS heads' explode. Too much work for the Trion.
    Last edited by pamkhat; 03-05-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Desk View Post
    We Wan't Arena and Rated Warfronts

To those who disagree, you don't have to partake in them.
    If they put it in the game then there will most likely be larger incentives to play them.

I have an idea though, make it like the gurubashi and warmaul arenas in vanilla. i.e ITS OPEN WORLD BABY, 10 sabs can pop up and explode your team. Im sure you would love that.

Also the "we" part you are adressing is a small minority.

I did a lot of the PvP in WoW and rated battlegrounds killed it for me. It was the whole needing a full group thing. There's only one person I play with in these types of games. I don't have many friends, I'm kind of anthropophobic, and it's hard for me to get along with people even on the interwebs.
    get a guild.
    Last edited by Dinaneo; 03-05-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Shadowlander

WOW is over that way >>>>>>>

dont bring that crap into my game

unless~~

it awards the EXACT same stuff as regular pvp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast