+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealth scaling in warfronts.

Telaran

Default Stealth scaling in warfronts.

First, note these ideas/facts:

A lower level player SHOULD be disadvantaged to a higher level player in instanced PVP environments.
    Some scaling DOES take place in RIFT's instanced PVP environments.
    From what I have observed, stealth does not scale at all in instanced PVP environments.

Having played against lower level rogues, I've been able to spot them from several yards away when they're specced into 'Silent Footsteps' for improved stealth.
    Having played as a lower level rogue, I've been picked off from as much as 15 yards by higher level players in warfronts.

I feel that either the stealth isn't scaling properly, or isn't programmed to scale at all. This fact completely breaks assassins in warfronts in which they aren't at the maximum level for the tier (19, 29, 39, 49).

I don't think it's fair that one soul has such a serious disadvantage in the warfronts, while many do have some issues, stealth being almost unusable is something that needs to be looked at by the devs.

Suggested fix:

Scale stealth to two levels below the cap if the player is three or more levels under the cap. This would still provide the necessary disadvantage for under-leveled characters while making Assassins a playable soul for PVP.

I'd really rather not have to keep playing pure MM, Bard, or Sabo to compete.

Side note, this is my current build. It's unorthodox and very unpopular, but stealth archers are boss in PVP, aside from detection issues.

PS: Trion, you've done a magnificent job with the game, small fix for this issue please
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Telaran

PSS: Chat bubbles reveal the location of stealth players. Dumb of us to chat while hidden, but mocking eachother is entertaining. Telling people where to drop a GTAOE is not

Telaran

PSSS: And I just noticed that Raid Numbering (raid marks*) persist through stealth on enemy players. Just saw a ' 3 ' floating around that I had marked a minute or so earlier.

Shadowlander

There are a ton of problems with stealth invisibility. Another one is that you can see weapon enchants glowing from far away on an invisible person. I wrote a support ticket about it a while ago, and they stated that they know it is a problem and are fixing it.

Rift Chaser

And I wish all my spells acted like they were *9 spells as well. We're all gimped at entry levels. Your not as special a flower as you think you are.

Plane Touched

Hmm, I was consistently being seen in WFs until around 16 or so, even with Silent Footsteps.
    from 17 upwards I don't think I've ever been seen until I've been pulled out by opening or getting hit by AoE (Anyone else get really annoyed that Trick Shot can hit stealthers? Its probably the thing that has pulled me out of stealth the most times.)

Given that ability levels don't scale either, only base stats, I don't think its such a big deal.
    In theory it should also train budding young assassins the value of using terrain to assist sneaking.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
    And I wish all my spells acted like they were *9 spells as well. We're all gimped at entry levels. Your not as special a flower as you think you are.

I haven't had any experience with casters aside from my Warden but I'd hoped that the scaling worked better.

A fix I've seen in games such as DAoC was 5 level brackets instead of 10, to create less level disparity; however, there was no scaling in DAoC battlegrounds.

Can we get a response as to how much we're SUPPOSED to scale in warfronts? I'm totally avoiding them until 2 levels under cap for now as a stealther.

and to the above post, all aoe's hit stealth players right now, best bet is to use your ability that provides a 15 second cushion after being hit, it works woders

+ Reply to Thread