+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible to alter tab targeting algorithm to target pets less?

Soulwalker

Default Possible to alter tab targeting algorithm to target pets less?

I assume there is a certain formula/algorithm when tab targeting that determines who you target next (probably based on proximity). My question is: would it be too difficult to alter this slightly so we have a lower chance of targeting a pet when 10 players are in range?

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but in Warfronts it seems every time I tab, I first have to skip through the pets - maybe because they're always closest to me.

Obviously, there are times in which targeting a pet is advantageous, which I would recommend be saved for times in which there are only two or three targets in tab's range.

Any thoughts of other ways to improve this, aside from "just hit tab again?"

Rift Chaser

oohhh i know this feeling all to well from Warhammer... Rock.. NO! Turret NO! cat NO!.. Rock NO!!! omg frustration

Quote Originally Posted by trammer View Post
    oohhh i know this feeling all to well from Warhammer... Rock.. NO! Turret NO! cat NO!.. Rock NO!!! omg frustration
    I would expect a option to change Tab to Target Nearest Enemy Player very shortly. It came out a few years after WoW release.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Good a thread as any to post this, but since 1.1 patch or soon after I am tabbing player pets constantly in rifts and invasions, non flagged and auto flag turned off. Even the players/pets I am tabbing are not flagged. This never used to happen and is a real pain.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 04-11-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex View Post
    I assume there is a certain formula/algorithm when tab targeting that determines who you target next (probably based on proximity). My question is: would it be too difficult to alter this slightly so we have a lower chance of targeting a pet when 10 players are in range?

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but in Warfronts it seems every time I tab, I first have to skip through the pets - maybe because they're always closest to me.

Obviously, there are times in which targeting a pet is advantageous, which I would recommend be saved for times in which there are only two or three targets in tab's range.

Any thoughts of other ways to improve this, aside from "just hit tab again?"
    Wow this is the first well thought out, lucid, sane, and politely posted request I've come across after three pages of skimming this forum. It's even an actual problem. Hopefully they fix it if only to encourage to the behavior lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Braves View Post
    I would expect a option to change Tab to Target Nearest Enemy Player very shortly. It came out a few years after WoW release.
    iirc, Target Nearest Enemy Player is set to like F5 or something stupid. You can rebind it to Tab. Though not sure how good the algorithm is.
    Proud slacker of Einherjar
    Nasana - R40 Cleric
    Kee - R24 Fail Mage
    "We Threw Gasoline On The Fire And Now We Have Stumps For Arms And No Eyebrows"

Plane Touched

Tab targeting is really really really really realy(to infinty and beyond.) bad in this game.

Plane Touched

They should had a option in menu for Tab Target
    that when you active it.. when you use tab you NEVER target a pet...

who the **** want to kill a pet ?

Pets are my EZ-Heal targets. Please don't kill pets.

+ Reply to Thread