+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else dislike WFs and love world pvp?

Default Anyone else dislike WFs and love world pvp?

I'm not saying WFs are bad, they're designed well.
    I just prefer world pvp more. A massive group of people fighting the other faction over rifts, wardstones and bosses. The dynamic nature of the entire mechanic where a trip to town could turn into a two hour battle lol.

WFs feel so staged, I got tired of playing CTF in Quake 2.
    Also the people that queue up for these things have to be the most skill-less bunch of mindless zergers I've ever seen...

I have a hardtime justifying wasting my time in them.

Anyway just my 2cents.

I think WF's shouldn't give you any valour. (for PVP Server players obviously)
    They should be a practice ground only.

Objective based, Open PvP is where the game should be.

WoW already has the Gear/PvE market-share.
    Let them have it.

There are millions of players out there that are Open PvP, RvR oriented, and right now we don't have a game.

Warhammer failed us. Conan failed us.

Lets hope RIFT in the end fills that need.

(What warfronts SHOULD be is just the same 'finding you a group' mechanic, and dropping you somewhere in the Open World.)
    Last edited by ShadowRam; 03-04-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Nope, I personally believe world PvP is a waste of time.

World PvP = Numbers.

IN a perfect world, world PvP always comes down to who has more ALWAYS.

I don't care that your premade rolled a team with 3 or 4 members, because the people you killed were TERRIBLE. Nobody should ever die with more numbers as an organized group, EVER. Unless there is some super OP class.

Games that have tried to focus on world PvP had stability issues and not many enjoyed it, and cancelled their subscription.

/thread
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 03-04-2011 at 07:55 AM.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Shadowlander

now this is a post i will deffo give my thumbs up too

+1 from me

Ascendant

Ive been ganking in Rift quite many time. its like best thing ever if you're playing rogue. Who doesnt want to stealth and stalk and gank.

Soulwalker

i agree totally (especially with the zerging!) I left a comment in another post that was similar, however I'm still at a lower lvl and haven't really seen much open pvp yet (keep changing souls cause they all kind of bore me)... the specing of different roles make pvp in warfront almost like a football game (well, a high school football game at least)... get him caught out in the wild though without his pvp soul... now lets see how tough he is?

BUT! I've seen the problems on pvp servers where higher ups go off and hunt lowbies who are just trying to play... I've seen pvp zones just outright ignored (warhammer)... and then the ranting of queue times...

SO! These are my thoughts... How about warfronts that are calling specific? (To repeat what i said in another thread) Think about that? 20 warriors beating on each other the way God intended... Rouges shooting across treaches or wizard duels that would make Harry Potter puke... again, clerics would miss out on that one (because it could literally go on forever, unless they temp nerf mana regen somehow... but [B]then[B] you's know who the good healers are!

OR... Organized battles! You could even work it into the story... Quartermaster So&so gives a /shout "The enemy is preparing an attack! You have one hour to report to Such and such before the battle begins" or "We are forming a war party to attack there! Blah blah one hour"... then you register with the quartermaster and once both sides are ready the battle begins!!! Could even take turns defending and attacking. Toss in a huge amount of NPC attackers and defenders... sounds like a great time to me.

I really should just start my own thread... because every post I make it just gives me another idea... (like this one) We have pets and compaions is most mmo's these days... why can't we control military units (like a simple 10 man infantry squad or something?) in epic large scale battles yet? Rift has invasions and... well, rifts... so the coding is possible... if you've ever played any of the total war games you'll know what i mean...that would certainly be worthy of a "next gen" game

My preference for world pvp over instanced mini-games it just more immersive for me.
    When I play a mmo the world conflicts are always much more memorable.

I can remember a fight I had as a Orc hunter againsts a human Paladin on a bridge in STV back in 2004 like it happened yesterday. Can't remember the thousands of BG games I ran...

I've always been more of a world pvp guy, I'm an old sandbox guy and honestly I'm just happy Trion gave me a pvp server and targets to kill.

Soulwalker

"I can remember a fight I had as a Orc hunter againsts a human Paladin on a bridge in STV back in 2004 like it happened yesterday. Can't remember the thousands of BG games I ran..."

That's exactly why World PvP is so much better than sandbox fights.

Yes there might be some zerging in choke points, but there is also all the random and unexpected encounters you have daily by wandering in the world. I can remember countless fights of that kind in WoW, WAR and Aion. The BG or WF matches pretty much look all the same to me.

I prefer by a huge amount WPVP but do not mind WFs, what I hate is arena type things.
    NIEA - Nightblade L50

Firesand

World PvP that has a giant number of players on both sides, basically armies, is super fun.

World PvP that's basically 4 buddies picking on some scrub is lame.

I'll keep my WFs, though, tyvm.

Rift Disciple

Roaming group pvp is where it's at... world pvp doesn't equal zerg v zerg... it has room for quite a bit more play types (solo/group/zerg).. and the best thing is.. it's not "scripted" or "predictable" like these stupid warfronts.

this evening I was wandering around the... brain fart... area west of scarlet gorge... anyways, saw a tear, ran over, and boom death rift. there were 5 or 6 ppl in the area who came over to close it. cool

just after stage 2 about 6 or 7 guardians rolled in. the poopey hit the fan and all of a sudden i was in a commercial. world pvp. just like their advertisements said. it was kinda surreal to be honest, I was just as skeptical as the next guy that it could work, but there it was. and it wasn't just about numbers, it was honest to goodness skill and positioning. getting in a group instead of being picked off one by one (which happened at first and they closed the rift lol...)

but ya, it seemed to me that their efforts at world pvp are just as successful as any other mmo I've played with a good world pvp system

Shadowlander

worldpvp <3 be it just solo roaming, group roaming or defending a farm spot with your guild it's way more awesome than bgs/arena. Arena is kind of fun but I much more prefer getting jumped out in the world and killing the guy that attacked me. Always sitting at the edge of my seat of are what MMOs are all about for me.

I agree or atleast make a few BGs that are not instanced and last forever, just offering simple capture and hold objectives that offer some kind of reward or bonus.

It would be so much better than queue'n up for a small fight for 15 mins then its over...rinse and repeat. Sick of this FPS Battleground mindset that is plaguing games.
    Iscreamloudd Hib/Gawaine - RR10.5 Banshee
    Dewan Alb/Merlin - rr6 Cabby
    ...Smurff of Ywaine, rr7 Runie of Fenris.

Rift Disciple

To OP:

Yes delete WF's.

Lillian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast