+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why do you act surprised when a Rogue unstealths behind you?

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Why do you act surprised when a Rogue unstealths behind you?

Especially if you are on a pvp server.

If you play on PVP, and are not prepared at all times for a rogue to suddenly appear behind you, you are fooling yourselves.

There are things you can do, especially if he is foolish enough to not start off with a stun.

Boy Scout Motto applies: Be Prepared.

Agreed. I can't speak for other souls/calling (I play a Shaman), but there have been plenty of instances in which I've been jumped by a stealthed rogue and had no trouble whatsoever killing him.

If a rogue kills me with lucky crits out of stealth before I can do much, good for him, that's the type of thing he probably rolled the class for. I feel secure knowing that it's probably not gonna happen again, and if he tries again I'll be ready to demolish him.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Most Excellent View Post
    Agreed. I can't speak for other souls/calling (I play a Shaman), but there have been plenty of instances in which I've been jumped by a stealthed rogue and had no trouble whatsoever killing him.
    ... and this is sad, very sad ...

Quote Originally Posted by 41ex View Post
    ... and this is sad, very sad ...
    I think it's more due to the fact that I have tons of shields and heals, plus around 25% crit against a squishy target than with a balance issue, if that's what you mean.

Telaran

I think it's more due to the fact that I have tons of shields and heals, plus around 25% crit against a squishy target than with a balance issue, if that's what you mean.
    ofc is not a balance issue is all in your skills

It's fun being an assassin/Riftstalker/Sabo. I can unstealth and destroy most players.
    If the fight doesn't go my way. I slip away and you can't do jack.

If an assassin rogue ever dies 1v1 with slip away up they need to reroll another calling or consider an ezmode Sabo or bard spec.
    Last edited by Rockgod99; 03-04-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
    Especially if you are on a pvp server.

If you play on PVP, and are not prepared at all times for a rogue to suddenly appear behind you, you are fooling yourselves.

There are things you can do, especially if he is foolish enough to not start off with a stun.

Boy Scout Motto applies: Be Prepared.
    Him being too much of an idiot to stun lock me out of stealth is the ONLY way I can kill a rogue if I get jumped in open-world. It has nothing to do with preparedness...a good rogue should never lose a fight if he has the jump on someone, period.
    Last edited by dougan; 03-04-2011 at 07:46 AM.
    DUGAN

Quote Originally Posted by Rockgod99 View Post
    It's fun being an assassin/Riftstalker/Sabo. I can unstealth and destroy most players.

If an assassin rogue ever dies 1v1 with slip away up they need to reroll another calling or consider an ezmode Sabo or bard spec.
    That's fine by me because I know if I catch you off-guard you're toast.

Telaran

Hmm something does not adds up here. You cant both win ... uf I get it both of you are very skilled players. I bow to your greatness.

Haha, I agree. I got jumped by a duo of rogues while I was travelling through Crimson Gorge. I nearly killed one of them, but the stuns/crits were way too overwhelming. I hunted for them afterwards... I suppose they went after easier prey.
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

1v1 versus a healer is not usually a fun fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

That's fine by me because I know if I catch you off-guard you're toast.
    Been jumped by whole 5 man groups before and slip away + the riftblade blink gets me out of 99.999% of all situations. I've only gotten killed during major rift events were the boss spawns in a guard camp heh.

It's the way the class is designed, we pick our own battles, can get away from damn near any situation, have great damage, stuns, bleeds and poisons.

Just a fun class to play. Honestly in not even that good of a player I've seen much better assassins take down groups of 2-3 out in the open world.

Just evil stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
    Haha, I agree. I got jumped by a duo of rogues while I was travelling through Crimson Gorge. I nearly killed one of them, but the stuns/crits were way too overwhelming. I hunted for them afterwards... I suppose they went after easier prey.
    A smart rogue makes sure he has the upper hand in a conflict or has the ability to **** of dodge if **** goes down.

Yesterday I went after a 2h cleric I got him to around 50% health before the first stun wore off. Two of his rogue guilds unstealthed next to me.

I slip away+ blink and go about my business. The control you have over a situation as a f
    Rogue is simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    Him being too much of an idiot to stun lock me out of stealth is the ONLY way I can kill a rogue if I get jumped in open-world. It has nothing to do with preparedness...a good rogue should never lose a fight if he has the jump on someone, period.
    that bothers my infinitely in Rift PvP. What I mean is that you can't use aoe affects to flush out a rogues stealth. I dunno how many times in say codex I've had to stand at a flag because I know their is a rogue just waiting for me to run off so he can cap it. I'm a pally and I think i should be able to use a spell like judgment to flush him out, is that so wrong?
    Last edited by zacger; 03-04-2011 at 08:44 AM.

A smart rogue makes sure he has the upper hand in a conflict or has the ability to **** of dodge if **** goes down.

Yesterday I went after a 2h cleric I got him to around 50% health before the first stun wore off. Two of his rogue guilds unstealthed next to me.

I slip away+ blink and go about my business. The control you have over a situation as a f
    Rogue is simply amazing.
    Agreed. I can't wait to start ganking on my rogue. I play all four Ascended classes.
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast