+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Achievement when I'm trying NOT to PvP

Question PvP Achievement when I'm trying NOT to PvP

(I've committed the cardinal sin of cross-posting, but I thought I might get a more helpful - albeit more derogatory - answer here.

I'm an experienced MMO player, but I'm completely new to Rift.

I was headed to the inn at Argent Glade last night and suddenly realized I was in a Raid group of some kind. (I had not clicked a "Join Public Groups" button - or whatever the specific name of that button is.) By the time I reached the Inn - a matter of a minute or two - I had received the "First Blood" achievement for getting my first PvP kill.

I thought that I had correctly toggled the option that would warn me before I became flagged for PvP, so this really surprised me. I am a true care bear, with zero interest in PvP. None. Nada. I avoid it like the plague.

So I have a couple of questions:

1. What probably happened last night? Again, I'm a complete newb and so I have no clue how I can suddenly be grouped into a raid and then getting a PvP achievement - in a PvE zone on a PvE server. It's entirely possible I did something wrong. I'd just like to know what it was.

2. Is there anything I need to change in my settings, or something else I need to do to avoid accidental PvP in the future?

Thanks much.

-Rain

You must of joined a public group to defend against an invasion and a Defiant player was killed by someone from your party.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41045&dateline=129849  3510
    www.FriendlyFireGaming.net - Home of the Saga clan. Established in 2003

Soulwalker

nerdmaster elf on rift forums

go back to wow please

Quote Originally Posted by Theussr View Post
    nerdmaster elf on rift forums

go back to wow please
    Or you can just posting and save us all the grief?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41045&dateline=129849  3510
    www.FriendlyFireGaming.net - Home of the Saga clan. Established in 2003

LOL... I do find this amusing, but none-the-less...

Right click your player frame, go to party and click " private"... BAM! No accidental groups.

Even if you didn't join a public group, your own party status is public by default. This means that even if you are alone, other people can invite themselves into your party. My best guess is that this is what happened to you.

You can change your party status to private by right clicking on your portrait. This will make it so nobody can invite themselves into your group while soloing, or when you form groups. You can still join other public groups while yours is set to private.

Good luck in Telara!

Thanks very much folks. That makes perfect sense, and I'll immediately toggle that option when I log in tonight.

Interface -> Combat -> PvP autoflagging (uncheck) you'll never get flagged again... even in public groups.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 03-04-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

+ Reply to Thread