+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NO exp for killing?

Soulwalker

Default NO exp for killing?

What's the point of playing on a pvp server if you don't get exp for killing an other player in the open field?
    I know you get favor but I can get that in the BG's.

You can get experience from killing players in world PvP. IT's just that most of the time, the enemy player is 'tagged' for one reason or another, awarding no experience just as a tagged mob would award no experience. Personally, I think Trion needs to loosen up the tagged restriction a bit, as almost every player I see in Telara is tagged even if they're not actually fighting anything!

Only unique kills count as experience.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

EQ2 had it good with the 50 percent health rule,and it wouldnt hurt to add my favor per kill also.

Quote Originally Posted by Grygnak View Post
    EQ2 had it good with the 50 percent health rule,and it wouldnt hurt to add my favor per kill also.
    I'd like to see it at somewhere around 75 - 80%. I'm fine with the favor as is, if I want to farm favor I'll join a warfront. Since I'm out in the world questing or rifting, it makes sense to gain extra experience from participating in PvP.

Soulwalker

Stop killing lowbys that are grey. Just like mobs, grey = 0 xp

Quote Originally Posted by PorkCereal View Post
    You're cool. Stop being an *** when you don't know what the **** you're talking about. I went to Stonefield last night as a level 27. I tried to find some reason to the tagging system but could not. There were players of all levels, 18-35. Some players were running around on their mounts, fighting no mobs and were gray. Some attacked me with no mobs around and they remained gray the whole fight, even after I killed them. I got no credit. Some players were sitting at Defiant hub locations for several minutes and remained gray the whole time.

About 1/10 players, who were NOT ENGAGED with any mobs actually showed up as non-gray targets. It is broken. I saw one level 19 that was marked afk at a hub, and he was green. A level 30 runs up and attacks me with no mobs around and he is gray. Yea that makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by xeshaka; 03-04-2011 at 08:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkCereal View Post
    A player of the same or higher level can get tagged by being in combat, resulting in the grey health bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Most Excellent View Post
    A player of the same or higher level can get tagged by being in combat, resulting in the grey health bar.
    Most players are gray even if not in combat, regardless of level difference.
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Soulwalker

I would like to point out that you can mount when your in combat, so if someone is mounted and running around and are grayed out, they are most likely in combat. I don't like the current "tagging" restrictions as I find they are very strick in general. I think it should be made so that if you don't take damage for at least 10-20 seconds then you are no longer tagged. Same with mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleadora View Post
    I would like to point out that you can mount when your in combat, so if someone is mounted and running around and are grayed out, they are most likely in combat. I don't like the current "tagging" restrictions as I find they are very strick in general. I think it should be made so that if you don't take damage for at least 10-20 seconds then you are no longer tagged. Same with mobs.
    It's not that, I watched people for several minutes, running around quest hubs and such. No mobs even remotely close to them, or attacking them, or even looking at them. They remained gray nonetheless.

+ Reply to Thread