+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Open up Warfronts to all servers...

Soulwalker

Default Open up Warfronts to all servers...

My server is Deepstrike, and I've been PvPing in the 10-19, and 20-29 brackets.

I think PvP Warfronts need to be opened to grab players from all servers. Why separate into Warfront clusters? Yes some players will be outclassed, yes at times you could be blown out, BUT... the player base would be so huge that queue times will be better, the matches will be more enjoyable (constant new players with unexpected strategies, builds, etc), and the chance of continuous blowouts drop. Last night On Deepstike I participated in about maybe two dozen PvP matches split between two characters. In the 10-19 bracket I participated in four Warfronts in a row that had the same 7 players in it. It could've been coincidence but I think it was just a result of the current system.

I know as players level up, the pool of players for the lower Warfronts while get smaller and that this problem won't be so bad at higher level. But we all want this game to succeed, what will the lower Warfronts be like for new players coming into the game 2-3 months from now? I don't think its fair to tell new players that PvP is only fun at lvl 50.

I say pool all servers for Warfronts.

Cheers

Ive posted a few threads asking for Trion to increase the size of battlegroups. I have had mixed responses.

Im all for it. The lower level bracket ques will suck in time and the higher level ones suck now.

24/7 accessable pvp is what Ide like, two servers just wont cut it imho

/sign

Telaran

"Clusters" is a horrible...horrible idea for all of the reasons mentioned in the posts above.

On my server we are stuck being clustered with some RP server named Sunrest..

Why would a PVP server be clustered with an RP server?

Seriously...WTF.

Open up all the queues....it will add more randomness, and less suck.

I hope they leave it alone. Less randomness = More community

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Anavar View Post
    "Clusters" is a horrible...horrible idea for all of the reasons mentioned in the posts above.

On my server we are stuck being clustered with some RP server named Sunrest..

Why would a PVP server be clustered with an RP server?

Seriously...WTF.

Open up all the queues....it will add more randomness, and less suck.

Sunrest is pvp-rp....

I would actually love to see brackets, each team that wins goes on to challenge a different server cluster winner ect ect.
    win all brackets and get a cool pvp-gear goodie mystery bag for each participant that finished.

That and stats, with perhaps some smart matching that places you in a division based on your performance in WFs and matches you to comparable players...but thats alot to ask for.
    Last edited by Forgo; 03-04-2011 at 07:07 AM.

Champion of Telara

mine clustered with pve and pve-rp servers...

Yes pls open all servers. We need faster Q's

Quote Originally Posted by Kula View Post
    I hope they leave it alone. Less randomness = More community
    This.

10 chars.

Rift Disciple

/signed. 10chars

At least cluster them based off server types. I don't want to be in Warfronts with people who are so scared of PvP that they rolled a PvE server to avoid it. These people are only in Warfronts for the points and would probably go afk if they could still get points.

Soulwalker

Actually, i believe that the clusters are made of all 4 diferent type servers.

In the case of Whitefall, i cought my eye mainly in players from Argent and Firesandl... so i speculate that:

Cluster
    - Argent (PVE RP)
    - Firesand (PVP RP)
    - ??? (PVE?)
    - Whitefall (PVP)

+ Reply to Thread