+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Add "Vote Kick" to warfronts

Soulwalker

Default Add "Vote Kick" to warfronts

As the title says, we need the ability to vote kick people from warfronts.
    The new system for kicking afkers isnt working as well as it should, especialy since I still see the same guys afking every match but not getting removed.

I believe this would be a major improvement to the PvP aspect of this game.

PS. if this is in the wrong section of the forum, I'm sorry, please remove it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Judgemaster View Post
    The new system for kicking afkers isnt working as well as it should, especialy since I still see the same guys afking every match but not getting removed.

/signed Way too many afker's starting to show up in Warfronts and the afk kick isn't working because they'll just move, also, start banning WF afk'ers and people won't do it.

Make a "Readiness Check" that Leaders can issue.

Window pops up that you have to click within 10 seconds or get booted from the Warfront.

That way, people can't just get removed for other reasons than AFKing.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

These are terrible ideas, they will harm more good players than bad.

Don't want afker's? Stop sucking, 90% of the afkers happen on the losing team.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 03-04-2011 at 06:22 AM.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Soulwalker

The reason you are seeing the same guys afking and not getting kicked is because they are alts of the other faction you are warfronting against and they just flick the mouse every so often to keep half your team afk so they can win. Its sad and pathetic that people are resorting to this tactic. I agree with the ban afker idea.. It would be nice if they can track how long in a warfront you didn't move or use any abilities.. If the time not doing anything is greater than the time you were doing something say three games in one day then you get a 24 hour ban from warfronts.
    Last edited by Tyranos; 03-04-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Judgemaster View Post

I would be against the vote to kick,, should do it like wow where after so much time of being inactive the AFK player is removed.

Btw the major reason i dont want the group vote is because I playing a cleric who wont be doing much healing in warfronts. In wow I almost never healed with my shadowpriest and dont want to be forced into a support role unless i'm in the mood.
    Last edited by Ariaka; 03-04-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Any /kick ability can and will be used toe grief people.
    Officially owned by Alsbeth the Discordant.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=815027&dateline=13020  88690

Elitists and game programmers think alike; The first thinks the game is too easy, the other nerfs the crap out of them.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Angelstar View Post
    Any /kick ability can and will be used toe grief people.
    Yep, I agree. I do like the idea of some form of readiness check but I think 10 sec might be a bit short.

Telaran

The problem with the "timer" removing people is people have one button macros.

Shdwhnter on our server was one such lamer who was AFK at the flag in every WF for 2 days and all he would do is "jump" every 10 seconds. It was obviously a macro.

---

The only solution is to allow us to report these people.

Then a GM checks the logs sees 0dps....0dmg taken....0 healing....0 kills....

And issues temporary bans first and perm bans 2nd.

People will stop doing it in short order.

Need Vote Kick + Deserter Penalty

Fully. The potential for abuse on any sort of player controlled kick ability is huge.

but what if suddenly during a match i have to poop?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by sparko View Post
    but what if suddenly during a match i have to poop?

you have to hold it, we cant have someone going afk!

Rift Disciple

yes please, seems every black garden im in theres a leecher.. usually the same guy, whos name is care. that guy needs a hefty whack with the banhammer and no mistake

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ariaka View Post
    I would be against the vote to kick,, should do it like wow where after so much time of being inactive the AFK player is removed.

Btw the major reason i dont want the group vote is because I playing a cleric who wont be doing much healing in warfronts. In wow I almost never healed with my shadowpriest and dont want to be forced into a support role unless i'm in the mood.
    I guess I should have added more info but, the reason I'm asking for it is because some people are siting there at teh spawn point, not moving but not doing anything either. This would make it so we could boot the ones that are not getting timed out for being afk. As someone posted earlier, this would also make it so we could boot the bots from other accounts should they become a problem. Just a suggestion though.
    Well just like in WoW, the entire team would have to vote you out, not just someone being a **** cause your not healing him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast