+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SUGGESTION: player bounty's

Default SUGGESTION: player bounty's

So thought about this today while ganking and getting ganked. What about being able to place bounty's on people (i think they had it in SWG but i never played) ?

It would work like so; Mark puts a bounty on Sally and lists how much money they are paying for it. Scott buys the bounty (like 10-30% the reward) (multiple people can take them) and kills Sally.

However Sally is aware of who put the bounty on them and can then place a bounty on Mark(the player who originally placed the hit).

Now if the bounty hunter (Scott) is killed by the bounty (Sally) the bounty takes the hunters deposit and are notified of who placed the original bounty on them (Mark).

If the target (Sally) kills the person who placed the bounty (Mark) they gain 50% of the bounty from the person.

make it so that you have to place a bounty on lvl 50's and for every bounty you place the tax on placing one goes up every 10% (resets every day/week).

Make this eligible in war fronts and World PVP (maybe put some achievements in there)

One last thing, if you complete the bounty both the hunter and the poster (mark and scott) gain favor/rep/items/whatever with someone(new PvP faction?) but if the mark kills either of them (sally) she gains the favor/rep/items/whatever. (double if she kills both)

You can only bounty the same person once every month/week.

I know this might be confusing but bare with it.

Interesting idea. Are they for the same or opposing faction?
    I have a cat

Quote Originally Posted by iRellik View Post
    Interesting idea. Are they for the same or opposing faction?
    Has to be opposing faction, I thought it would be cool for endgame if your waiting on a raid or PVP. it does seem like another profession but is it really such a bad thing if its PVP based.

I figure average-hardcore PvPers will enjoy it while the casual PvPers probably wont care as they probably wont have any bounty's on them

Also just occurred to me how you would find them. lets make it easy and put it in your quest log, then you can see where they are at when they log in but it only gives you a 200-400 meter radius of where they are (refreshes every 10 min). Though this might be a bit programing heavy as you would have to make it so the circle doesn't refresh so they are in the center every time.
    Last edited by Arturia; 03-04-2011 at 04:50 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arturia View Post
    Has to be opposing faction, I thought it would be cool for endgame if your waiting on a raid or PVP. it does seem like another profession but is it really such a bad thing if its PVP based.

I figure average-hardcore PvPers will enjoy it while the casual PvPers probably wont care as they probably wont have any bounty's on them

Also just occurred to me how you would find them. lets make it easy and put it in your quest log, then you can see where they are at when they log in but it only gives you a 200-400 meter radius of where they are (refreshes every 10 min). Though this might be a bit programing heavy as you would have to make it so the circle doesn't refresh so they are in the center every time.
    No.

I dont want anything which shows other people where I am, it can just lead to harassment.

I'm not keen on a bounty sytstem at all, but meh if there was sufficient demand, but it would of course be pointless on pve servers.
    On pvp servers, yes I rolled on a pvp server, but not to get 50 guardians turn up to gank me endlessly for a laugh with a ping on the map showing my location to make it easier for them.

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    No.

I dont want anything which shows other people where I am, it can just lead to harassment.

I'm not keen on a bounty sytstem at all, but meh if there was sufficient demand, but it would of course be pointless on pve servers.
    On pvp servers, yes I rolled on a pvp server, but not to get 50 guardians turn up to gank me endlessly for a laugh with a ping on the map showing my location to make it easier for them.
    That is a good point, perhaps if they made it so that if you're being engaged by someone with the bounty the person who hit you first is the only one who can deal DMG to you and cant be healed (something to make it a 1v1 engagement.

About the quest ping idea, maybe if it just told you what zone they are in. on that note if they fail to kill you it tells YOU what zone the person who put the bounty on you is in. This kind of makes you and them a quest mob.

/bump because i did this really late.

+ Reply to Thread