+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tactics in Black Garden

Soulwalker

Default Tactics in Black Garden

I would like to adress the issue of skilless people camping underneath their spawn with the fang. I understand how the point mechanic works, but all it does is prolong games ten more minutes than needed.

So I propose an interesting idea; The farther away from the middle you are with the fang the more damage it does per tick. I understand its a bit wonky of an idea, but it will keep the battle more focused around the middle area, which tbh is more a diverse battle area than near either spawn or either side.
    Last edited by Gill; 03-04-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Title change

Shadowlander

I like the idea of what you are saying but really the way it works now makes teams make a choice about tactics..sorta.

Do you stay near the middle with higher risk/reward or do you take the more defensible position for a longer but probably safer win?

It provides options and therefore makes the whole map useful. With what you propose you might as well just stick everyone together in a cage and make em fight it out death match style.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post

It provides options and therefore makes the whole map useful. With what you propose you might as well just stick everyone together in a cage and make em fight it out death match style.
    This.
    Leave it the way it is.

Soulwalker

I agree with being able to use the whole map.... except the portion right underneath the spawn area. Using this tactic just makes a "quick" Black Garden match into a drawn out corpse run for the loosing team. I can't stand winning in this manner as much as I dislike losing to this tactic.

Hi everyone,

We had closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please. After editing out racist comments this thread is reopened.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Gill; 03-04-2011 at 07:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread