+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Suggestion] Remove Cross-Shard warfronts.

Soulwalker

Default [Suggestion] Remove Cross-Shard warfronts.

RIFT is going to have the same pvp problem was WoW did after cross realm. It literally killed pvp community on all servers. Before cross realm, there were pvp guilds, and a pvp community where groups were formed and pre-made using vent and it rocked. Now with cross - realm its like, why bother, we can just queue from anywhere and get paired with random people who dont listen or try. every map is Team death match to most people.

At least do something to entice people to form groups with their own shard, to enhance the pvp communities!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfalz View Post
    RIFT is going to have the same pvp problem was WoW did after cross realm. It literally killed pvp community on all servers. Before cross realm, there were pvp guilds, and a pvp community where groups were formed and pre-made using vent and it rocked. Now with cross - realm its like, why bother, we can just queue from anywhere and get paired with random people who dont listen or try. every map is Team death match to most people.

At least do something to entice people to form groups with their own shard, to enhance the pvp communities!
    Guilds even on pve servers have part time pvpers, who will premade, or even pug premade.
    then you have servers that constantly pvp, ( good for them yay ) and servers that have nothing on them.. i like to pvp, but i dont want it constantly, however i dont want to wait 5 hours for a match either...cross server warfronts are they way, battle group style pvp is also limited, open all server warfare is win.. nuff said.

Trion has done its warfront servers just right.
    Last edited by Ihuntz; 03-04-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ihuntz View Post
    Trion has done its warfront servers just right.
    +1
    /10chars
    Last edited by Veritas777; 03-04-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Actually, I see alot of the same people in Warfonts from the other 2 shards and maybe the solution is to allow for cross-shard groups to preform and cross-server chats to be used? Have community = tri-shards.

Other games have not allowed cross server queues. After the initial population spike games have initially it can lead to long waits for warfronts, scenarios, etc.

I think you'll find long term that cross server queues are a great idea.

Shadowlander

Lack of cross-server queues kill a PVP game. Low-pop servers may have few or no Warfronts giving the impression of a dead game to new players, who then quit.

Cross-server queues is the best thing that ever happened to PVP - you can queue 24/7. That massively outweighs fighting people from the same server.

Soulwalker

I guess, I just remember before cross realm. There was a large community, like just who there are the hardcore raids on your server, there were the hardcore pvpers, and it was always fun doing pre-mades with the pvp guilds, or coming up in a BG against a well known enemy on the opposing factions. This way you actually got to know the players you pvp'd with and could even create rival guilds, like get into a BG and be like Osht thats so and so, we're doomed! It was alot more fun

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfalz View Post
    I guess, I just remember before cross realm. There was a large community
    ... on high population servers only. On lower population servers the BGs rarely or never popped.

AOC in its later stages, anyone? Where you would get one scenario pop per 3 hours...IMHO Crossrealm warfronts are truly great.

Soulwalker

There still are/is PvP orientated guilds, the cross shard/realm/server ect function does nothing to diminish the appeal of queuing with people you know and can rely on.

+ Reply to Thread