+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why only 3 servers?

Telaran

Question Why only 3 servers?

I made a post the other day about the long queue times I had been experiencing to enter warfronts. I play a high 30s Guardian Warrior on the Belmont server and have been sitting in queues for all 3 warfronts from as low as 10+ minutes and as high as mid to upper 20s in minutes, photos below of 5 straight queues the other night for those of you who would call ********.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...301/Queue1.jpg
    http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...301/Queue2.jpg
    http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...301/Queue3.jpg
    http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...301/Queue4.jpg
    http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...301/Queue5.jpg

As you can see basically in the span of 2 hours I was able to participate in 5 warfronts. This to me is just flat out unacceptable.

I participated in the Betas and was on the fence about this game until a friend of mine had me listen to the Massively podcast 130 with Scott and Cindy. The interview in the podcast starts around the 33:30 mark and it's a good interview to say the least. The part that sold me completely on the game was what Scott ended up saying in the interview about being able to ignore the solo quest paths entirely and you will be able to get yourself just as well geared and have just as good of a time without having to go through any of the other stuff if you don't want to. This part comes in at around the 46:00 mark of the interview linked below.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...cott-hartsman/

My experience of what Scott said at the 46:00 mark has not come true. My warrior got to the high 30s doing the solo quest grind while I was waiting the 10, 15, 20 and sometimes 30 minutes for my warfront queue so I could participate. I wasn't able to ignore the solo quest path entirely like he mentioned and I don't call running 5 warfronts in 2 hours fun.

I am on Belmont and we run with Seastone and Spitescar. I rolled a new low level character as some had suggested previously so I can experience the faster queues and while they were faster they were still hit and miss from 10-19. Now I am 20 and I've gone right back to the lengthier queues that were driving me mad on my warrior.

So again why just 3 servers in the block?

Soulwalker

Default agreed

i agree its seems that my three servers im on emberlord cant remember the other two atm, but unlike on the other triplets it seems defiants are always winning
    other than that i really would like to see some of the pvp on other servers maybe have it every week or month or some timeframe the servers your paired with are switched to give you constantly new gam play new people and new premades to deal with
    if not than just 3 is to small

Telaran

1. You are playing Defiant (I think) which is the more popular race and therefore you have to wait longer for the same amount of Guardians to sign up. As a guardian in the 20's I can get games in <5 mins easily in solo or 2-5 man groups.

2. You are in the 30's. How many people do you think are in the 30's and really want to PVP? I'm currently 26 and rarely do it, people who are actually trying to make 50 in a quick time (<2-3 weeks) probably don't want 10 minute PVP games where they get 1 bar XP and will get owned approx 50% of the time. There are a hell of a lot of people still <20 and 20-30 is the current average at the moment. Anyone who was trying to power level is in the high 40's or is 50 and people with lives are at max mid to high 30's.

3. Wait till 50 and they should get shorter or roll an Alt, get it to 15+ and just go warfronts with that until you want to go back to questing or grinding on your main.

4. There is more than 3 warfront instances per server, you'd have to be out of your mind to believe that.

TL:DR It's not Trion's fault that the community doesn't want to PVP at the moment.
    Last edited by TJswish; 03-04-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TJswish View Post
    1. You are playing Defiant (I think) which is the more popular race and therefore you have to wait longer for the same amount of Guardians to sign up. As a guardian in the 20's I can get games in <5 mins easily in solo or 2-5 man groups.

2. You are in the 30's. How many people do you think are in the 30's and really want to PVP? I'm currently 26 and rarely do it, people who are actually trying to make 50 in a quick time (<2-3 weeks) probably don't want 10 minute PVP games where they get 1 bar XP and will get owned approx 50% of the time. There are a hell of a lot of people still <20 and 20-30 is the current average at the moment. Anyone who was trying to power level is in the high 40's or is 50 and people with lives are at max mid to high 30's.

3. Wait till 50 and they should get shorter or roll an Alt, get it to 15+ and just go warfronts with that until you want to go back to questing or grinding on your main.

4. There is more than 3 warfront instances per server, you'd have to be out of your mind to believe that.

TL:DR It's not Trion's fault that the community doesn't want to PVP at the moment.
    1. You're ******ed, way to post a response to something without even bothering to read what was said in the first place.

2. See number 1... I have a high 30s character, I rolled a completely new character because of the queues of my high 30s character. Lower level character is getting into warfronts faster than the high 30s but again 15 minutes is still unacceptable.

3. Again learning to read is your friend, use it. I rolled an alt to see if things changed, the did but only slightly.

4. I know there are more than 3 warfront instances in game but thanks for again not reading what I said in my original post and then assuming I'm the one using the special ed region of my brain. As stated I asked why the warfronts were limited to a pool of just 3 servers to pull from for its players. Being on the Belmont server the only other servers we get in warfronts are Seastone and Spitescar, until early this morning that is as I started noticing a 4th server Aedraxis adding a player or two in the mix.

Thanks for your response...

I'm 38 on Seastone and the WF queues are as bad as he says. It's like this in a lot of games, though, PvP has lost its novelty and now people just want to get to 50.

One levels so fast in this game that it doesn't really matter, anyway. You only spend a few days in each bracket. If it's this bad at 50 I'll be advocating larger server pools for WFs.
    DUGAN

+ Reply to Thread