+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Im no expert at PVP

Telaran

Default Im no expert at PVP

Now Im no expert at PVP, or warfronts for that matter, but I am so tired of hearing the same thing said all the time in Codex.

Its always that you cant win without codex, now yes I know its important to get it, but the reasoning I always hear is that Codex is better then having the other 3 flags. So at first I thought ok maybe, but then I watched the scores one match.

Codex alone is 5 points, the other 3 flags together is 6 points. Now like I said, Im not an expert here, and maybe somewhere it says you have to have the Codex to win, but all I ever see is matches ending at 1000 points. Now if it is that you have to have codex to win then I will shut my mouth, but if its not, then its time to come up with a better stratagy then running to codex to try and get it while being *** ***** by 15 people, while the expert pvper sits on the cliff and watches you die, and keeps crying about getting codex and calling everyone else a noob.

Seriously, if this is what you want to do, grow the **** up. You want to offer advice, give a strat for taking it back Im all for listening to you, otherwise go back too your mamas tit cuz Im tired of listening to you babies cry in public.

Default This is why.

Codex is the most points, and most centralized node on the map.

Holding codex allows you to counter Scope and Statue quickly after defending while still being able to cut off respawns hitting all 3 (Leaving only Vault open).

The argument to get all 3 and leave codex alone doesn't make any sense because their respawns will hit Vault or their closer node, and you spread your team to cover vault all the way down south. By the way, you gave them codex so they get Scope or Statue for free with the guys comming FROM Codex since you spread your team across 3 nodes that get outscored with any cap and are farther apart.

Then add points off kills, because you just spread your team alot more giving them bigger numbers if they want it.

So everything except Codex = spread farther apart and not worth as many points, making it a blatantly obvious poor choice in strats.

The guys at Trion tried everything they could to make this wall of text obvious for players by simply naming the map "The Codex".
    Last edited by Roxx; 03-03-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Briarcliff PvP or it doesn't count.

Champion of Telara

well i think holding enemy resp zone works better and faster than holding codex, but it would be even harder to organize than codex hold, because people are clueless and never listen.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Roxx View Post
    Codex is the most points, and most centralized node on the map.

Holding codex allows you to counter Scope and Statue quickly after defending while still being able to cut off respawns hitting all 3 (Leaving only Vault open).

The argument to get all 3 and leave codex alone doesn't make any sense because their respawns will hit Vault or their closer node, and you spread your team to cover vault all the way down south. By the way, you gave them codex so they get Scope or Statue for free with the guys comming FROM Codex since you spread your team across 3 nodes that get outscored with any cap and are farther apart.

Then add points off kills, because you just spread your team alot more giving them bigger numbers if they want it.

So everything except Codex = spread farther apart and not worth as many points, making it a blatantly obvious poor choice in strats.

The guys at Trion tried everything they could to make this wall of text obvious for players by simply naming the map "The Codex".
    Im not saying that getting and holding Codex isnt what you are supposed to do, and Im not even saying spread the team among the 3, what Im thinking is if you send 2 - 3 people to capture the other 3 while everyone else goes for Codex then you can at least force the other side to take people away from codex making it hopefully a bit easier to get it. Once the 3 are captured the 2 or 3 people can also come from behind and kill the mage/rogue/healers at the top of the cliff.

Having people foolishly run to their death does not get it any easier, because you always see people running in there lone wolf style getting slaughtered then you are still short people.

Now like I said, Im no expert at this, and this is the first game in 10 yrs where I have even tried any pvp, but I do think my idea is a slightly better strat then zerging codex and loosing everything else you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Romuluas View Post
    Im not saying that getting and holding Codex isnt what you are supposed to do, and Im not even saying spread the team among the 3, what Im thinking is if you send 2 - 3 people to capture the other 3 while everyone else goes for Codex then you can at least force the other side to take people away from codex making it hopefully a bit easier to get it. Once the 3 are captured the 2 or 3 people can also come from behind and kill the mage/rogue/healers at the top of the cliff.

Having people foolishly run to their death does not get it any easier, because you always see people running in there lone wolf style getting slaughtered then you are still short people.

Now like I said, Im no expert at this, and this is the first game in 10 yrs where I have even tried any pvp, but I do think my idea is a slightly better strat then zerging codex and loosing everything else you have.
    Holding 2 flags is always better than holding 3 because of defensibility. Therefore, Codex is a crucial flag to have and emphasize must be focus on there.

What you mentioned is tactical plan, which is hard to achieve due to inability to collaborate efficiently in a PUG(max you can have is 5 man premade for WF). Even if you manage to pull it off, what to say that you'll be able to successfully take codex back? While you struggle, the other team could have taken 1-2 nodes from you.

Anyway, arguing tactical warfare won't take us anywhere because the dynamic of battles. We can however, discuss your problem statement that you seems to disagree:

Its always that you cant win without codex, now yes I know its important to get it, but the reasoning I always hear is that Codex is better then having the other 3 flags. So at first I thought ok maybe, but then I watched the scores one match.
    You can't argue that Codex is not the key to victory. Owning Codex will make you easier to defend(since it only requires u to defend/assault 1 other to win), easier to offend any other node, and fastest way to gain points to victory. In order to win, one must understand the value of Codex and have their vision in keeping Codex.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kelqor View Post
    Anyway, arguing tactical warfare won't take us anywhere because the dynamic of battles. We can however, discuss your problem statement that you seems to disagree:
    Its not that I disagree, its that when people focus on that one goal willing to loose everything else to get it, you still loose. Then those same people start calling everyone else names. It just doesnt make sence to me.

If I cant take one point, then Im going to go after a weaker one and try and make them devide their forces, instead of running into a brick wall like a crash dummy.

+ Reply to Thread