+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CC: Too much or too little?

Default CC: Too much or too little?

Is there too much CC or not enough ways to break CC?

Me personally I would mind if I got stun locked if I knew there was away to avoid it, but I have yet to find one.
    A brave man uses fear as a tool.
    A coward uses fear as an excuse.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MindNumb View Post
    Is there too much CC or not enough ways to break CC?

Me personally I would mind if I got stun locked if I knew there was away to avoid it, but I have yet to find one.
    I'm pretty sure that the PvP souls each have a "trinket" effect from WoW, aka a stun break.

Doc

Diminishing return need to be tweaked severly. Right now I can be insta squirrel, and since there is a timer on it, it seems to be avoiding the diminishing returns so in a warfront in a row mind you I got turned into an instant squirrel 5 times in a row.

Its not fun at that point its stupid. There is a reason most of the mages are using this now in a PvP build. Needs tweaked, and has needed tweaked for a long long time now

Not that I'm complaining about this, it was literally their entire team:

On Whitefall Steppes, I stole their flag as my tank build, and started running away to get it back to base. I made it all the way to the center of the map because of crazy heals from the other clerics, (our DPSers were just PvPing, as defiant DPSers are wont to do), but the entire time I was going 70% slower or so. I counted the Shaman's snare, the Justicar's snare, and the Sab's snare, pretty much at all times. I honestly can't believe I got it that far, but it was just ridiculous how much CC was being dropped. I didn't notice any diminishing returns either.

I'm hoping a lot of this will be fixed once we get to level 50 and unlock the benefits from the PvP soul. The cleric defensive-sided one gives you that breaks CC, and makes you immune to all CC for 10s, as well as decreasing incoming damage from players by 10%. That's what I'm getting.

Rashira | Threesprings | Defiant | DominateDominion | Cleric | Level 60

Plane Touched

I know that both Reaver, Palidin, Champ and Vindicator have CC breaks for certain types.

Rift Disciple

I'm a sentinel healer and I was on vent with a guildie playing wf's. every time i got squirrelled I would tell him (or vice versa) and we would fix each other with a no cooldown instacast spell...nbd

Soulwalker

Immunity timers and diminishing return needs to be implemented and tweaked badly. In PvP as a healer I get squirreled and mana drained and then when the squirrel is about to come off I get squirreled again and if I have any mana by that point it gets drained again while I'm squirreled. This alone has made me stop queuing for warfronts and I find myself avoiding PvP on a PvP server because of how terribly unbalanced this all is. None of the stuns last to terribly long so I haven't had to much of a problem with individual stuns but there are no diminishing returns on cc effects so when they chain them it makes everything impossible. Its like no one that works at Trion has ever played a game that has successfully implemented PvP into their mmo. They need to take a look at DAOC for immunity timers and diminishing return for cc effects.

Also when you make a PvP server you cant just make everyones PvP flag on all the time and slap a PvP title on the server and be done with it. They need different rulesets and guards need to be elite to prevent spawn camping. No one should be able to walk into a neutral town and sit at a spawn and force respawn and kill people over and over untill they log out. It would not be hard to make elite PvP specific guards at spawn points or towns that dont react to invading rifts. Get your acts together.

+ Reply to Thread