+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cross-faction Communication

Soulwalker

Default Cross-faction Communication

Today I realized you’re able to communicate cross faction.

Other then Age of Conan this is a first for me other then Vanilla wow when you could /e.

How much trash talking will we be expecting and is it possible to ignore a cross faction player? I love world pvp and I need to embrace myself for the QQ tears.

Rift Disciple

I ignore in game chat channel completely due to content so if someone wants to gross faction speak to me they better have vent.

You can only see the /s and /y chats o they cant directly talk to you.
    I have actually had some interesting conversation with the enemy at one time or another, it all depends on each person.

chat ranges from :
    • "pwned" used by kids that need self encouragement and want to make a big deal even if you where half dead to begin with.
    • "why are you killing me when i spawn!" when they insist in spawning near you instead of trying to hide behind something.
    • "please don't kill me" or "plz stop" when they are running around, these guys are not even worth the kill as they don't fight back so sometimes i just go on my way.
    • then you have the ones who insist in announce in /yell that they are going to gank your town, they are usually much higher level then the zone and what to feel empowered.
    Once i started to talk to 3 Defiants while i was in stealth and it was fun... no name calling or anything of the kind, just chatting about the game and ended up testing some abilities on each other.
    * LAG is when you get latency related problems. (such as teleporting)
    * Low FPS(Frames Per Second) is when the game starts to stutter and it looks like pictures instead of fluid movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawnjohn View Post
    Today I realized you’re able to communicate cross faction.

Other then Age of Conan this is a first for me other then Vanilla wow when you could /e.

How much trash talking will we be expecting and is it possible to ignore a cross faction player? I love world pvp and I need to embrace myself for the QQ tears.
    I feel bad for the trash talkers actually ... I almost never look at my chat (in vent with my buddies).

I really love that RIFT features cross-faction communication. Last night I killed a mage in Scarlet Gorge, and not intending on camping him, mounted up to move on. A few seconds later, I saw that he was performing a /chicken emote. So I of course ran back to smash his face in, at which point he turned me into a squirrel and said "lol", so I said " " and promptly murdered him. And that's why I love cross-faction communication!

+ Reply to Thread