+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The easiest concept to get...ever

Rift Disciple

Default The easiest concept to get...ever

So here it is, you stop going into PvP with the 1v1 mindset and start thinking of it as a dungeon with realy hard and smart (up for debate) mobs, you join a group, same as any dungeon, 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 support and 2 dps, you activate target-of-target in settings and everyone targets the tank, now you are all hitting whatever the tank is targeting without ever needing to switch targets (except for the healer and possibly support) then you target heals first, dps second and tanks last, if there is an oblective you try to let the tank grab it and you roll through EVERYONE running around in disorganized pug PvP with barely any losses and win constantly.
    Here is the best part of this idea, no class...not a single one...is OP because they all drop within seconds to the concentrated awesomeness of your team, you could even mix it up and stack multiple classes in your group and get WILD with it.
    In some games PvP is balanced around 1v1 PvP, well no thats not true, in ONE game thats true, but in all the others it is balanced against group PvP and in those special games you have to work as a team to avoid being killed instantly by the class that is really strong against you, or not being able to kill stacked healers, whatever, try it, you might like it.

Rift Disciple

Oh and to compound on this crazy idea I have another, I am a veritable bevy of crazy ideas, just call me crazy Eddie, though my name is not Eddie, thats how crazy I am. Here it is; if you join a WF solo, try targeting someone in your group and concentrate your dps on THEIR target, now you have 2 people on the same target making you much deadlier and you don't even have to talk to them, damn I should get paid for this out of the box thinking.

Isn't the problem with this that when you get put into a Warfont you end up with 7 dps rogues, 2 dps warrior and a dps mage??

What I am finding is healing is in short supply in PuG PvP. Even when you go in as a group the mechanics are so shonky half your group is in one group and the other half in another. not that that is a big deal.

Soulwalker

Good post.

Not sure the majority of players come here to read this,hell they don't even read simple strats at the beginning of WF,it might change but I get the feeling as this game gets more popular it will recieve nore refugees from another big MMo and be like BG all over again.

Which is a shame as Rift is definately not like that for me.

Still good post m8 keep chipping away.

+ Reply to Thread