+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Codex - all 4 bases should give the same amount of points.

Soulwalker

Default Codex - all 4 bases should give the same amount of points.

In my opinion, the codex warfront would be so much more fun and relaxing if all bases would give the same amount of points.

Why, you ask?

Because as it is now there's basically 2 things and 2things only going on:

RUSH TO CODEX -> DEFEND CODEX WHILE HOLDING SCOPE. (statue for guardians)(Defiants are still failing at that right now but eventually when people their brains start working again it'll be like this every game)

That's it, every time, again and again, there is no other tactic. Because if you can't get codex, the only other option to win is get the other 3 bases at the same time --> BUT if you can't even get codex (note: having the worser team), there's no way in hell you'll ever get (and hold) the other 3 bases.

So basically atm it's all about the codex, and when people on defiant side actually learn that codex gives more points, I can see the future of the codex warfront be ONE GIGANTIC battle at codex base, and codex base only, cause who needs vault if you have codex ? The devs can basically remove the lower half of the codexmap within a week cause that side will just be utterly useless.

On the other hand, if all bases would give the same amount of points, you'd have people spreading out more, 50ish% to vault and 50ish%to codex, and there's open space for alot of other tactics, rather then.. "get codex+nearest-to-spawn-base". >.>

Just my 2 cents.. What do you guys think about this ?
    Last edited by Lucenzo; 03-03-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Codex takes longer to get to and is harder to defend, because of this, it gives more points. If it didn't everyone would fight over vault instead.

Codex is a pretty even game, except that guardian rocks near codex cannot be climbed like defiants rocks.

Relaxing?

Anyway...no. Every warfront has a "focal point" that tries to push players together, and force them to PvP.

Speaking for myself, I don't go into Codex to play tag the flag. I go basically to PvP. I'd hate it if there wasn't an incentive to fight over a particular location or object.

..and a lot of my Defiant brothers-in-arms appear to believe you don't need Codex to win.

They're wrong, but they believe it. ROFL
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Champion of Telara

4 points for others and 6 for codex for better balance.
    will fix too long codex games and lower codex input in game win.

Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    4 points for others and 6 for codex for better balance.
    will fix too long codex games and lower codex input in game win.
    I'm down with ANYTHING that helps this match take less time.

I hadn't thought about the point values until the op brought it up... I don't really mind Codex the way it is now, but I always wished the Vault was worth at least one more point. Both of the other nodes offer strategic advantages based on their proximity to their respective graveyards, but the Vault has no draw other than the easy points since no one ever defends it. Defending it is a bad idea because of it's distance from accessing the Codex and those bodies are more useful defending something else.

So I don't agree with the op's fix, but I can sympathize with the reasoning and would support a few minor tweaks to encourage more tactical options to this warfront.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post

..and a lot of my Defiant brothers-in-arms appear to believe you don't need Codex to win.

They're wrong, but they believe it. ROFL
    This.
    Its so funny when everyone go to Vault,for some unknown reason it reminds me of Arathi Basin Stables.

Soulwalker

ALSO ! I totally forgot about this, thanks Albane for reminding me.. this is a big one..

WHY is it that guardians can climb our rock at the codex and we can't climb theirs ?
    I mean .. they can atk our healers and ranged dps at will and we have to walk around wasting 30++ seconds ? >.<

That is just ridiculous.. fix plz >.<
    Last edited by Lucenzo; 03-03-2011 at 03:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread