+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why bother fighting in WF?

Champion of Telara

Default Why bother fighting in WF?

http://tinypic.com/r/33b38uc/7
    http://tinypic.com/r/w070ya/7
    top dmg done.(almost 2x of nearest ally)
    top damage taken.(was in front taking hits all the time)
    most kills
    the only carrier kill of our team
    2nd most killing blows.
    in the game from the start.
    And im still in the bottom of favor gain and only 25% ahead of afk bot Gameover(which is still not banned kinda)

why not ?

Champion of Telara

because i want my work to be rewarded accordingly?

Rift Disciple

I play Warfront to kill people, sure, most damage, most kills and what not isn't awarded as it should be to entise people to play.. but what are you going to do.

That's weird, whenever I have those kind of stats I'm usually in the top for favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Champion of Telara

It's because of your level. I was complaining about the exact same thing a few days ago @ 29. I was busting my rear, had like 13 kbs, 6 carrier kills, a carry for some time and tons of damage etc.

I was dead last in favor.

Leveled to 30.

Went into a warfront, wasn't able to do too much because I'm an assassin and people broke my stealth a few times. I still got some licks in, but it was not the rear busting and such of my previous fight.

#1 in favor.

It's broken.

Well it's not broken that's what they intended.

Champion of Telara

so looks like only 50 lvl warfronts will be balanced in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    so looks like only 50 lvl warfronts will be balanced in that way.
    I wonder if we will all get crazy good favor in 50 warfronts, since we will all be the minimum level.

Plane Touched

Defiants are crackin' me up, i've never seen a team completely give up in a warfront before yesterday. They lost the first push into the fang, and all just sat at their spawn point the entire time. At least maybe go for the flank? You dont have to drop down and hit us, just so ya know.

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

Telaran

I wonder if it's level or if it starts to decrease your favor each time you replay the same WF bracket. Maybe when you hit 30 it wasn't because of your level, but because you started in a bran new bracket. After playing a few times last night, it seemed my favor was getting less and less even though I was playing better and better. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinos View Post
    Defiants are crackin' me up, i've never seen a team completely give up in a warfront before yesterday. They lost the first push into the fang, and all just sat at their spawn point the entire time. At least maybe go for the flank? You dont have to drop down and hit us, just so ya know.
    Its actually good to see this comment from the Guardians, pretty evident defiants on ALL servers realize that something is wrong. I have never seen a game where choosing your side means you will either win every game or lose. Oh im sorry, I meant 95 percent of games, because I am sure some guardian will chime in pretending like he is defiant and say he never has a problem winning.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Reveille View Post
    Its actually good to see this comment from the Guardians, pretty evident defiants on ALL servers realize that something is wrong. I have never seen a game where choosing your side means you will either win every game or lose. Oh im sorry, I meant 95 percent of games, because I am sure some guardian will chime in pretending like he is defiant and say he never has a problem winning.
    I'm defiant and I win 100% of all matches..not.

BUt I do win a fair few, maybe a little less than 50%, but most of the time its due to a ******ed team not imbalance.

the only imbalance I've found is the codex map, but I had a cracking team earlier where we (all pugs not premade) for some reason all seamed to be on the same level. All rushed codex, all swarmed past it, up the guardian rocks and beat the crap out of them, they didn't know what hit them, left a couple at codex, had already capped scope and so swept onto statue. Total pwnage.

Yes there are imbalances, but decent team work is more important. Rush the objectives, seize ground. ALWAY GO FOR CODEX AT START, screw the vault.
    In Black Garden, get into the fang area, push past it, dont all run up and stop before it for gods sake, a shielded cleric can grab the fang before you can take the shield out, so dont let them get close. Stop being pansys and get stuck in there, you afraid of virtual death?

Sword of Telara

1 carrier kill, no fang captures. Do you really deserve top favor?

They should only award KB's within a certain range of the fang imo.

I don't know about the rest of you but I play WF's for...oh I don't know....FUN?!?!?!

Don't get me wrong, I like being rewarded for the time I put in but PvP is suppose to be fun. It shouldn't matter if you're #1 or dead last. That shouldn't have bearing on whether or not you play WF's.

If you're consistently bad, try harder. The more you play them the better you will get. If you're not having fun, don't play them.

If you're consistently good and are upset at the amount of favor you are not getting, don't play. It makes WF's more like a job then a enjoyable experience.

If you just play WF's for the fun of playing them you will always come out on top. The favor is just a nice perk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast