+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing and support should give more Favor

Telaran

Default Healing and support should give more Favor

I'm only level 19, so maybe this changes later, but quite a few times I've been the only healer in BG and have spammed tons of healing, even while keeping some decent DPS, but I always get the lowest amount of favor in the entire raid. If I'm doing 30k healing and everyone else is doing no healing, I shouldn't get less favor than some shoddy DPS who spent most of his time dying. In addition, it looks like you don't get any favor for playing "support", by buffing your team and debuffing the enemy team. It seems almost entirely based on how much DPS you do. There were several games where I know the only reason we won was because I was playing defense and keeping the claw carrier alive with heals while everyone else ran around like idiots, but still, I get the lowest Favor every time. There are already too many people doing DPS and refusing to heal in PvP; this is just making the problem worse.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by makeshiftwings View Post
    I'm only level 19, so maybe this changes later, but quite a few times I've been the only healer in BG and have spammed tons of healing, even while keeping some decent DPS, but I always get the lowest amount of favor in the entire raid. If I'm doing 30k healing and everyone else is doing no healing, I shouldn't get less favor than some shoddy DPS who spent most of his time dying. In addition, it looks like you don't get any favor for playing "support", by buffing your team and debuffing the enemy team. It seems almost entirely based on how much DPS you do. There were several games where I know the only reason we won was because I was playing defense and keeping the claw carrier alive with heals while everyone else ran around like idiots, but still, I get the lowest Favor every time. There are already too many people doing DPS and refusing to heal in PvP; this is just making the problem worse.
    dunno if its a bug but either way annoying... currently if you're top few levels in bracket, you get less favor and xp. lower levels of each bracket get the highest.
    29 was getting horrible favor and xp, took forever. 31 and new bracket and the favor just flows in like a waterfall
    Last edited by Baconbits; 03-03-2011 at 11:04 AM.

I have noticed the opposite. I find that my favor is higher when I am healing and debuffing rather then DPSing. I enjoy both and its a fair mix but I walk away with more favor when I mostly heal. Since I am a sucker for PvP rewards, I heal mostly.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    dunno if its a bug but either way annoying... currently if you're top few levels in bracket, you get less favor and xp. lower levels of each bracket get the highest.
    29 was getting horrible favor and xp, took forever. 31 and new bracket and the favor just flows in like a waterfall
    Weird, that would make sense. Maybe the reason I noticed I was getting more favor as a DPS was because I was doing that during level 17 and 18, and at 19 you just get the least amount of favor no matter what? That's kind of a dumb system but it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe it's to encourage you to get to the next level.

+ Reply to Thread