+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A tip for the dev's and WF

Soulwalker

Default A tip for the dev's and WF

So seems that the defiant side of my server are a ton of afkers and quitters. I understand that in a pug situation sometimes you get people who are not up to your standards of PvP game play and you do not want to deal with them so in your frustration you leave.
    So this leaves your allies with a 4 person to 8 situation and they those of us who are not afk quitters have to go through the long wait as the points tick away.
    I would like to ask the Dev's is it possible that if one of your team members bails could we boot an apposing enemy to even the playing field.
    Or is it possible to even make a surrender option to get us out of a losing situation faster so we could re Q and do it all over again?
    I am not tired of losing you win some you lose some, but I am tired of losing to uneven odds when people on my team decide to just bail cause they can fight it out.

Thanks for reading my opinions and suggestions.

Telaran

I think it's rude for people to leave what they see as a lost cause. It does, however, usually pop a new player in rather quickly. I mean - one person decides to quit and send their misfortune to somebody else?

A few times my BG queue has popped and I've found myself about to lose. Heck, I popped once into BG with the score something like 50 to 495 against.

Last night, however, somebody decided to bail and I was the lucky recipient of his/her spot in a battle already 25 - 425ish against. We ended 485-500. We just about won, except for a last minute grab by the Defiants.

I'm not saying that was my doing - I'm saying never give up. And if one is selfish enough to leave their spot to an innocent newcomer, it may be their loss the odd time.

Soulwalker

the reason I posted on this was the fact that my friend and I had all but 4 defiants leave our codex at 50points to 10 and we stayed 4v8 the whole game and lost but it took forever : / thats why im calling for an evening of the teams or a surrender so we can just get out of there without actually bailing...I am not a quitter so I cant just leave even when its so bad.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by moojoojuice View Post
    ...I am not a quitter so I cant just leave even when its so bad.
    You have my sympathies. I too can't quit. It makes for some long nights.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Adomnae View Post
    You have my sympathies. I too can't quit. It makes for some long nights.
    lol Yep

I think they should implement a "Readiness Check" tool for warfront groups.

A window pops up...if you don't click it in 10 or 20 seconds...you get booted.

Bye bye AFKers.

Oh...and you would get 0 XP and lose any favor you may have gained if you get booted in this fashion.

You need to disincentivize the AFKers.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    I think they should implement a "Readiness Check" tool for warfront groups.

A window pops up...if you don't click it in 10 or 20 seconds...you get booted.

Bye bye AFKers.

Oh...and you would get 0 XP and lose any favor you may have gained if you get booted in this fashion.

You need to disincentivize the AFKers.
    I like this idea ..Do the people who bail on the WF lose the valor or xp they earned for the short time they stuck arround? If they do not I think that leavers should lose any xp or valor earned as well...even take away any kills they added to there honor kill standings. Punish them. I know its punishment to be in a losing WF but like I said thats life you win some you lose some.

+ Reply to Thread