+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Healing and Cadence

Soulwalker

Default Healing and Cadence

I am sure this has been discussed many times but I believe the bard skill cadence needs to be changed or healing needs to be changed over a larger number of healing souls. Currently cadence it is an entire raid healing skill. Compared to Chloromancer skills, which are distance based, cadence is inappropriately powerful and reaches too far in correlation to what the skill actually is.

By that I mean, if you consider actual game lore, the bard is playing music... Music cannot be heard over an entire map. It isn't a very consistent effect with the skill the player is performing.

In the interest of balance for healing, the skills should operate in a similar fashion. Either all healing that targets multiple raid members should be distance based. If not that then they should all have no regard for distance and heal the whole raid. I believe in terms of fun/balance it should be based on distance. Currently there is a _lot_ of healing in PVP. Sometimes it feels nearly impossible to do damage against your target. It just isn't reasonable that people fighting off in some corner of the map are getting heals because a bard is playing cadence on the other side.

Class homogenization is what ruined wow, leave it out of Rift
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by crimrOw View Post
    I am sure this has been discussed many times but I believe the bard skill cadence needs to be changed or healing needs to be changed over a larger number of healing souls. Currently cadence it is an entire raid healing skill. Compared to Chloromancer skills, which are distance based, cadence is inappropriately powerful and reaches too far in correlation to what the skill actually is.

By that I mean, if you consider actual game lore, the bard is playing music... Music cannot be heard over an entire map. It isn't a very consistent effect with the skill the player is performing.

In the interest of balance for healing, the skills should operate in a similar fashion. Either all healing that targets multiple raid members should be distance based. If not that then they should all have no regard for distance and heal the whole raid. I believe in terms of fun/balance it should be based on distance. Currently there is a _lot_ of healing in PVP. Sometimes it feels nearly impossible to do damage against your target. It just isn't reasonable that people fighting off in some corner of the map are getting heals because a bard is playing cadence on the other side.
    No.

Could say more, but I think that covers it.

Soulwalker

No one is talking about world of warcraft, why bring it up?

Neither of these short responses address the issue I bring up in any way. My point is valid regarding the inconsistency with the type of skill Cadence is and the subsequent effect. If you have something to add to this conversation in the way of a considerate response, I'd like to hear why my suggestions are off base.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Braves View Post
    Class homogenization is what ruined wow, leave it out of Rift
    Judging by your posts I can see you are a bard and a wow fan. I suppose that is what taints your opinion. You're afraid of the "nerf bat"?

Champion of Telara

there should be souls that bring ability no others have.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Soulwalker

Ive played with a bard in pvp before. I was able to effectively lead the whole warfront in healing. Even though I love it, it seems extremely unfair that I am able to beat out specced healers when all I did was play cadence to build combos. I hate to say it but it could prob be tuned down a bit.

Soulwalker

If I recall correctly cadence has a target cap of 10, so does not heal an entire raid. I think it has a distance check as well, based on the cadence target not the bard.

Shadowlander

Lol, you've never been to a concert have you? If you're being realistic the first pvp map is like 1/8th of a mile long. Dude, my car stereo can be heard that far away.

Rift Disciple

if you dont know what you are talking about please stop posting nonsense that only hurts the community if there are other people who dont understand it and start to join your bandwagon

cadence : it is resisted (gcd starts) no combo points no heals, if the target dies before you hit the coda of restoration (21 point skill) the heals cant and never will be able to handle spike damage.
    issues are (target out of range, no heals, no combo points)

the bard is the only support class with a healing ability that needs to damage/require target (generate combo points) to use it.

clerics and chloromancers can use healing anytime for a very very big amount that requires no offensive target.

the only thing chloromancers share with bards is that some of their group heal mechanics also work when damaging offensive target, but they can effectively heal a spikey/burst tank like the riftstalker

bards can never heal someone who is the target of an elite with spikey/burst damage...period.

the heals that come from the bard are merely support with a limited use that requires an offensive target and requires combo points from that target (cant switch either) and remember the resists...
    issues are (target out of range, no heals, no combo points) and the heals are weak for 5 combo points.

if you play in the lower tiers of the game 10-19 20-29 everything seems op to some people, because most are still in the learning curve of the game (some have longer curves then others)...obviously

we cant very well base balance suggestions made by people who have bad experiences or even a total lack of understanding of warfronts and archetypes and use those to propagate/instigate others, as for one of your bad experiences their are many who dont share your opinion.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by curiositykilledthecat View Post
    if you dont know what you are talking about please stop posting nonsense that only hurts the community if there are other people who dont understand it and start to join your bandwagon

cadence : it is resisted (gcd starts) no combo points no heals, if the target dies before you hit the coda of restoration (21 point skill) the heals cant and never will be able to handle spike damage.
    issues are (target out of range, no heals, no combo points)

the bard is the only support class with a healing ability that needs to damage/require target (generate combo points) to use it.

clerics and chloromancers can use healing anytime for a very very big amount that requires no offensive target.

the only thing chloromancers share with bards is that some of their group heal mechanics also work when damaging offensive target, but they can effectively heal a spikey/burst tank like the riftstalker

bards can never heal someone who is the target of an elite with spikey/burst damage...period.

the heals that come from the bard are merely support with a limited use that requires an offensive target and requires combo points from that target (cant switch either) and remember the resists...
    issues are (target out of range, no heals, no combo points) and the heals are weak for 5 combo points.

if you play in the lower tiers of the game 10-19 20-29 everything seems op to some people, because most are still in the learning curve of the game (some have longer curves then others)...obviously

we cant very well base balance suggestions made by people who have bad experiences or even a total lack of understanding of warfronts and archetypes and use those to propagate/instigate others, as for one of your bad experiences their are many who dont share your opinion.
    This is well said.

Rift Disciple

OMG when will this topic die?

Bards do a small amount of healing spread over 10 nearby allies.

Bards have a small and slow ticking raid buff that is essentially an in-combat regen.

Bards have a finisher that heals slightly more than a cadence cast to nearby allies.

Bards must stand still while channeling cadence, they have an easily noticed cast, if you see one KILL IT!!!

They are extremely easy to kill, or you could, you know focus fire someone down because BARD HEALS SUCK!! they cannot handle even a little bit of spike damage and there are no direct targeted heals.

Oh and of course they top healing charts, but they save no one on there own, at most they nullify a single dot and help ease the stress on the real healer, THEY CAST AOE HEALS!!! This is much the same as when I use my pyro in PvP, all I have to do is cast my AOE all the time and I easily out damage everyone on the field but I usually have very few kills to show for it, AOE spam gives big numbers with little effect.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SecretAnalBadger View Post
    Lol, you've never been to a concert have you? If you're being realistic the first pvp map is like 1/8th of a mile long. Dude, my car stereo can be heard that far away.
    Your car stereo is not an acoustic guitar. I am pretty sure in the middle of a bloodbath the distance one can hear a non-amplified guitar is pretty short.

Champion of Telara

Cadence really has infinite range...?
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by traxzilla View Post
    If I recall correctly cadence has a target cap of 10, so does not heal an entire raid. I think it has a distance check as well, based on the cadence target not the bard.
    The Black Garden player limit is 10 per team. That is the whole raid.

There is no distance check. I played one for quite awhile in beta 5 and the open beta. The tooltip for the traits doesn't state one and I've seen it first hand heal people very far away. I've been fighting one person up close near the spawn when the rest of the team is up around the side path to the enemy's spawn area. Lots of green numbers flying all over and no one else around me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast