+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black garden Fang needs instant pick-up

Telaran

Default Black garden Fang needs instant pick-up

The fang in black garden needs to be able to be picked up immmediately after its dropped when the fang holder dies. This move allows takes the advantage away from the holders who are usually repicking up the fang 80 percent of the time. When the flag goes back to the middle, or at the beginning of the match the castime time is fine. In fact, I would also be in favor of a 2 second lockout on the fang dropping team after its dropped. Anything that encourages more back and forth with the fang is a good thing.
    Last edited by altaholic; 03-03-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Why don't you just not allow them to pick up the fang
    Last edited by Fiasco3; 03-03-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    Why don't you just not allow them to pick up the fang
    Typically when you kill a fang carrier, there is 6 or 7 of them around the carrier whille there is 1 or 2 of you. you're usually half dead or almost dead while they're almost all at full health, as our DPS was on the fang carrier. If he was ranged down, at least half of the classes in the game, there is a likelihood that none of us were on the fang. I think it would be better for the momentum of the game if it was advantage fang carrier killers for a few seconds to promote a better back and forth. Besides, they can mow me down as soon as I pick it up. Just feels like a better system than spamming AOE's.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by altaholic View Post
    Typically when you kill a fang carrier, there is 6 or 7 of them around the carrier whille there is 1 or 2 of you. as I pick it up. .

Sounds like you need to change YOURE strat instead of asking for the world to be changed around you. Why not take care of those 6 or 7 first?

I'm gonna have to agree with the above poster. If your side swarms the fang carrier the odds are just as good that you can pick it up.

Black Garden is a Warfront where it does no good to fight from a distance. If you are trying to take it or keep it, the more players you can keep near the fang, the better.

Shadowlander

Uhh... No.

100% disagree.

If the melee guys are in there like they are supposed to be, it would be a nice battle, like it is supposed to be.

..but that requires agressiveness and willingness to stick your neck out. A lot of players don't like that, they want to see a nice kill/death ratio.

There's nothing wrong with it the way it is...the players just play it wrong.

As an example.....what are the chances that a player will stop and PvP the first person they run into? Nearly 100%.

They stop and PvP whomever they meet, but if the whole team charged the carrier, they would have a better than average chance of getting the fang.

As it stands now, even if you charge in and get the fang, you have to run the gauntlet to get back to your own team, who is safely on the other side...lol.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Ascendant

Black Garden needs work, its just horrible aoe-spam-fest. Thats how its going to be played at 50, some aoe dudes plays it non-stop. Act now or regret.
    Last edited by June; 03-03-2011 at 12:40 PM.

If they AOE the area, you can't pick it up
    If you AOE the area, they can't pick it up.

As a Mage, when the carrier dies, I AOE the area from a distance (normally as close to the middle repop area as a I can.

After a few seconds of AOE, I run to the middle, 90% of the time I am the only one there just as it respawns back in the middle.

I think its working fine, just change the way you play or your build. As a mage, I get owned easy, AOE is one of the few things I get that works well in warfrounts.

Ascendant

Its by far most hated WF by me. I think fang should spawn randomly or then quicker or possibility to fetch the fang farther should be nice.
    Last edited by June; 03-03-2011 at 12:51 PM.

the only change I would like to see is more favor earned for actually HAVING the fang....as it is, you sort of sacrifice personal reward for the team.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Sword of Telara

100% disagree.

I typically get at least 2 carrier kill > pickup flag combos a game and my best was 9 in one match (we had no heals)

You just need to learn to know when the fang is going to drop and coordinate aoe damage, CC or make sure all you team are hitting anyone who tries to pick it up.

tldr; L2P

+ Reply to Thread