+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 112 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP is pointless until Warriors are fixed. (Level 50)

Champion of Telara

Default PvP is pointless until Warriors are fixed. (Level 50)

Simple QQ post..

Hit 50 3 days ago.. Only did a few warfronts only because of the small fact that the Warriors are insanely overpowered in every aspect of the game right now and since they have 3-4 OP combinations 90% of the Level 50s in the game right now are Warriors..

Every Warfront is literally 1-2 Clerics 1-2 Rogues 1 Mage -10-15 Warriors..Depending on Warfront and capacity.

Certainly playing a Marksman.. Oh ye..Fighting other rogues is fun..Mages is even more fun since they get 1 shotted by everything and they need a serious buff but Warriors..

They do more damage than a Ranged DPS along with 200 stuns and other CCs and if you even think of kiting them..You die even faster.

Riftblade needs a serious fix..Trion is doing the same ******** mistake other game companies do..and did by not nerfing a class because "it affects the PvE aspect"

WE DONT CARE IF RIFTBLADE'S PVE DPS WILL GO DOWN IF HE GETS BALANCED AROUND PVP.

Cause right now..Certainly at 50.

I have 4.3k HP..My highest hitting ability Deadye Shot...Requires 5 seconds the least + 1.5 sec casting to maybe deal 1k damage on clothies and other Rogues..1.5K if it crits..Only saw 1-2 of them..And never saw one above 1K crit on a Warrior Class.

Lets see now..

Champion: Charge-->Already 3 action points from running around or some previous fight..-->1.5k Damage Titan Strike 5 sec stun..-->Some other ability until i use Escape artist hitting me for 400-500 and 800 if it crits..800 damage the Normal spammable ability..How nice..

My spammable ability hits them for 150 damage.

Okay no problem..Lets escape artist it....and lets kite..as how you are supposed to agaisnt melee classes..

but OH WAIT he isnt in melee range anymore?

Flame Spear-->350-500 Damage crit (200-300 or so base) with Fiery Burst ticking for 200 damage every second..In total it does over 1K damage even if it doesnt crit.

So there..2 abilities outperfoming the Marksman class in terms of Ranged DPS.

Now..why are they doing over 1k attacks with 1 hands also?

I got hit by a Punishing Blow for 1.2k by an one hand..Really..An one hand dealing almost the same damage as a 2hander..?

And right after a Debilitating Strike for 799..He was a bad one also that used a finisher before an ability that buffs it..But why would he care? He did 50% of my health in damage in 2 seconds only to try and kiting him after to guess what...Yes you are correct..Flame Spear Flame Spear -->fiery Burst-->Dead while he runned back to stand in the flag at Codex and watch me die since he knows he is overpowered and i cant do anything about it.

And for the kiddies that will say the "l2p"..Get to 50 first with your level 30 characters then let me know scrubs ;)
    Last edited by Vespera; 03-04-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language

They have said they won't balance for pvp and encourage people to find the most op class and soul combos. I guess we will see if they meant it or not.

If it turns into a crazy nerf buff all the time that wrecks pve and pvp balance I'm out. You can only balance for one or the other.

I dislike warriors as well.

Banned

they made a ******ed class.

Lets take a tank, put plate on him and give him a lot of hp... cool cool...

Hey wait... lets give him ranged abilities!

SOOOOooOOooO cool o_O

Champion of Telara

Whining about pvp with 0 valor is stupid, just like people basing their pvp thoughts off 0 resilience in wow is stupid. It changes things drastically.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Slurm View Post
    They have said they won't balance for pvp and encourage people to find the most op class and soul combos. I guess we will see if they meant it or not.

If it turns into a crazy nerf buff all the time that wrecks pve and pvp balance I'm out. You can only balance for one or the other.
    When they see warfronts participation starting to fall off, coupled with subscriptions going down, they'll change it. It doesn't matter what some dev says if the cash flow starts to dry up. The same problem occured in age of conan. I enjoyed the game in the beginning, but they left in place an absurd gem system that allowed warriors (guardians) with the best defenses to goose their dps to the point it rivalled the top DPSer's in pvp. They should have hotfixed it within a week, they left it in for months. I'm not saying it was the reason the game failed, but it was for me and others.

Even in the 20's bracket, i'm beginning to see the dominance of warriors. They probably have a two weeks to a month to make some changes before it kills the game. I know I play for the pvp, and I suspect alot of others do as well.

Banned

the sab and riftblade soul are bad design

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    Whining about pvp with 0 valor is stupid, just like people basing their pvp thoughts off 0 resilience in wow is stupid. It changes things drastically.
    Oh yeah..Valor will fix things..Lets see..

When i am at full Valor..That 1.5k hit will do 1k..Awesome..The spammable 300 damage ability will do 200 damage..Now lets see..

I am hitting them now..for 150 damage..Okay..My spammable ability in Ranged does 150 damage..Theirs does 300 damage..

They come at melee..their spammable ability does 400-500 Damage..Okay..Very fair..They have more health more armor and deal 3 times my damage ..

My finisher that requires 5 seconds +1.5 seconds to cast hits them fir ~1k Damage with a crit...700 if lucky and he has some debuff...

Their instant attack that was already ready or requires 3 abilities..That those 3 abilities will deal from 1.5K to 3K damage..While my 3 abilities will do..450 DAMAGE..AMAZING!
    Their finisher will deal 900++..is instant cast and can be done in 3 seconds after the fight started.

So after all that..They will take 5 seconds to kill me instead of 3 seconds..And i will hit them for 100 damage per spammable attack..OH JOY!

Currently have a 48 rogue but i have spent almost all my levelling time with a friend who was a riftblade / paladin /reaver spec and tbh the simple comparisons are frightening.

If is i spec all out dps he can still kill a solo mob quicker than i can he aoe heals and can easily tank 4 or 5 ELITE mobs at once and win with about 45&% health left. my rogue struggles against elites and i dont stand a chance against 2.

A self healing tank is too powerful both in pve and pvp.

I have tried many different combinations of rogue souls to try and find effective builds but i feel inclined to just dump my rogue and roll warrior.

He has found loads of blue drops that include powers such as chance to gain 500hp when you block. His block chance is 50%.

I honestly feel warriors are far too powerful compared to other souls and that alot of the random drops in this game are almost designed to enhance them to levels that are beyond silly.
    Last edited by Eltharas; 03-03-2011 at 09:10 AM.

We like Turtles

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    Good you can not say that it is beta ... phew. Few more days and this comment can not be said also. Saying wait for valor, it is beta or whatever is stupid!

If everyone has 0 valor or everyone has 500 valor, the difference still stays the same. Warriors do way to much damage at the moment for the CC and survivability they have. Denying balancing will ruin PvP.

You already see a lot of warriors compared to other callings, this alone is an indication something is wrong.

The warriors weakness not matter what is his mages unless they are like a void knight or champ, riftblades get eaten up pretty badly by the right soul/class combo

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by LastOutlaw View Post
    The warriors weakness not matter what is his mages unless they are like a void knight or champ, riftblades get eaten up pretty badly by the right soul/class combo
    Oh do they? I saw a Warrior Bull Charge a mage today in Port Scion..By the time my Empowered Shot hit him..For 280 Damage..and then the next Swift Shot..hitting him for 148 Damage..He had killed the mage.
    Last edited by potis; 03-03-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Simple QQ post..

Hit 50 3 days ago.. Only did a few warfronts only because of the small fact that the Warriors are insanely overpowered in every aspect of the game right now and since they have 3-4 OP combinations 90% of the Level 50s in the game right now are Warriors..

Every Warfront is literally 1-2 Clerics 1-2 Rogues 1 Mage -10-15 Warriors..Depending on Warfront and capacity.

Certainly playing a Marksman.. Oh ye..Fighting other rogues is fun..Mages is even more fun since they get 1 shotted by everything and they need a serious buff but Warriors..

They do more damage than a Ranged DPS along with 200 stuns and other CCs and if you even think of kiting them..You die even faster.

Riftblade needs a serious fix..Trion is doing the same ******** mistake other game companies do..and did by not nerfing a class because "it affects the PvE aspect"

WE DONT CARE IF RIFTBLADE'S PVE DPS WILL GO DOWN IF HE GETS BALANCED AROUND PVP.

Cause right now..Certainly at 50.

I have 4.3k HP..My highest hitting ability Deadye Shot...Requires 5 seconds the least + 1.5 sec casting to maybe deal 1k damage on clothies and other Rogues..1.5K if it crits..Only saw 1-2 of them..And never saw one above 1K crit on a Warrior Class.

Lets see now..

Champion: Charge-->Already 3 action points from running around or some previous fight..-->1.5k Damage Titan Strike 5 sec stun..-->Some other ability until i use Escape artist hitting me for 400-500 and 800 if it crits..800 damage the Normal spammable ability..How nice..

My spammable ability hits them for 150 damage.

Okay no problem..Lets escape artist it....and lets kite..as how you are supposed to agaisnt melee classes..

but OH WAIT he isnt in melee range anymore?

Flame Spear-->350-500 Damage crit (200-300 or so base) with Fiery Burst ticking for 200 damage every second..In total it does over 1K damage even if it doesnt crit.

So there..2 abilities outperfoming the Marksman class in terms of Ranged DPS.

Now..why are they doing over 1k attacks with 1 hands also?

I got hit by a Punishing Blow for 1.2k by an one hand..Really..An one hand dealing almost the same damage as a 2hander..?

And right after a Debilitating Strike for 799..He was a bad one also that used a finisher before an ability that buffs it..But why would he care? He did 50% of my health in damage in 2 seconds only to try and kiting him after to guess what...Yes you are correct..Flame Spear Flame Spear -->fiery Burst-->Dead while he runned back to stand in the flag at Codex and watch me die since he knows he is overpowered and i cant do anything about it.

And for the kiddies that will say the "l2p"..Get to 50 first with your level 30 characters then let me know scrubs ;)
    Sounds like you don't understand the concept of playing as a team. We can easily be slowed and cc. L2Play IMO
    Last edited by Vespera; 03-04-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Edited the quote

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    Good you can not say that it is beta ... phew. Few more days and this comment can not be said also. Saying wait for valor, it is beta or whatever is stupid!

If everyone has 0 valor or everyone has 500 valor, the difference still stays the same. Warriors do way to much damage at the moment for the CC and survivability they have. Denying balancing will ruin PvP.

You already see a lot of warriors compared to other callings, this alone is an indication something is wrong.

No it doesn't, idiot. You take less damage, you can live through the stuns and kite. PvP in WoW (which Valor is ripped off from) is DRASTICALLY different with 0 vs full gear. The classes that are super powerful 1 shot machines with 0 are much more manageable with gear.

If you do not understand this, it's not surprising to me -- Rift hardly attracts the best players in the world.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Play as a team and play with your strengths.

Honestly it doesn't matter if a warrior does a 1/4 of your damage at range he's still going to beat you if he's getting heals and you aren't. Your numbers sound grossly exaggerated as well, or are you just in terrible gear? (Was that rant about a single warrior? If so sounds like they have a terrible build.)

Warrior's have taken some epic nerfs between the last beta and release, and we can almost not mix our DPS souls at all due to their restrictions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 112 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast