+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP is pointless until Warriors are fixed. (Level 50)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Madmirage View Post
    I guess I haven't seen an over-abundance of Champs in the WFs Ive done with the guild. If we get a couple, and they're being annoying, we just focus them down.

Our warriors are smart, and I imagine there are others out there that are as well. They build up power on the zerg target, and then lay the pain down on that guy standing off to the side for a solo kill.

It really is a team game. Run some WFs with a guild, and the occasional annoying FOTM class is just another easy target no matter his abilities.

Complaining that you can't solo this, or can't solo that.. there's gonna be some classes that are tough. I'm sure there are quite a few classes who would say the same about the soul combination that you play.

I play a Nightblade (if they existed), and I know who I can run after alone, and who I have to wait for support from the guild on. Play to your strengths, and let your team help you with your weaknesses.
    Just wait until you join a 50 warfront with 15 warriors, and 5 clerics... a freaking zerg fest of doom.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eive View Post
    Definitely some gay souls and riftblade is one of them. I play a warrior but I'll never touch that line because it's pathetically easy and overpowered.

Paladin is also stupid. If you want a full instant heal, you should be forced to spend like 44 points in the soul, not 8... what a joke
    qft
    8 char

Soulwalker

As a melee cleric, (druid/shaman/justicar) I have 2 damage shields on independent timers. I can also charge, while rooted/snared, breaking cc and reducing target's speed by 70% for 6 seconds. My "crit win" button causes all attacks in the next 7 seconds to cit. My spammable instacast melee has a chance on hit to reset my high damage/long cooldown attack. I heal for 10% of the damage I do each swing and can heal after ever critical received and after every spell i cast using a life based ability (every 8 seconds)...oh and I wear mail and have 5% more armor from talents.

Needless to say, melee rogues and warriors (including champions) do not do well against me in a 1v1 situation. Even sabs have to 2 shot me most of the time. Ironically, I have huge issues with Marksman because 35M > 18M charge...

But no, clearly Champions are the problem.

Warfronts are not supposed to be fair or balanced. People are supposed to go down in the first wave and get stomped by their counters. The simple math is that if damage taken > healing received, you will die. If you are not skilled enough to reduce the former or organized enough to get more of the latter, you're going to continue to get owned in WF regardless of the soul balance.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by FLD View Post
    Eh, what?

Pyro mage fulminate hits me for 3.8k, i CANT CC him and he has the same OR more hp than me if im not going tank.

Domi Instasquirrel you as much as he wants, even better high up in the tree and it wont even break at damage at first. Brilliant, so put some dots, rinse and repeat until anything is dead, works wonders in group pvp just as well.

Chloro outhealing and damaging most stuff with the right specc since 1400 B.C ?

Stormcaller Aoe hitting and slowing everyone in the entire world for 600-700 each tick from a single spell, seems balanced enough.

What exactly do you want buffed?
    pretty much,

OP as a dom in a 1v1 fight with a warrior (or any class) i would refrain fro using dots, no point in having that squirrel breaking before you want it too, then just radient spores, storm shackle, death's edict nural prod/ruin etc until he leaps then squirrel and repeat knockback if needed.

Some times they are immune for a bit or stun you but hey that is what the elemental armor/shield is for, i am not often killed by one player before i get out of a stun, tho it does happen from time to time, and can apply that nice cc to give me time to heal up and get set for booom time. Against multiple players the faster mount is your friend, i am not going to survive multiple stuns as a mage but then that is my fault for not zipping off before they reached me, unless i am caught by a couple of rogues while grinding.

When puggin in WF it is hit an miss those are the chances you take when you queue solo you can have a good game or i can get blown out of the water every time i am seen once players from guilds
    teams realise i am one squirreling the clerics and silencing the mages, rooting the warriors and generallly being a pain in the arse

Course i am only 42 atm and i will freely admit i am still adjusting to the game and many of my frustrations come from my l2p issues, having multiple options i have found it has taken time to l2p the different roles i havce for the game, in fact i am still in the process of trying to learn how to be a full cholro for when the occasion requires it and i truely suck atm.

OP i get where you are comming from but each day with a mod here and there to the way i play and the investment in points (i too have spent a ton in plat) i am finding it is easier. i just came from a year playing pvp in sto and space pvp is about as far from this as you can get so it is taking me a while to adjust, however if i can then anybody can, as i am definately not the be all and end all of pvp

It is rather simple. If Trion doesn't tone down warriors and especially riftblades and champions, players will get fed up and either leave the game or roll the OP calling himself.

As it now stands, the group with the most warriors will win if healing is even on both sides.

The ones who does not see this, either don't want their easy calling to get balanced or doesn't care at all.

On the other hand it is kind of funny seeing noobs on a killing spree and don't even know what they are doing.

Balancing is key, if not, well we seen it in other MMO's.

Shadowlander

Heh, its going to be fun when most of you crying actually get to 50 and see the reality of what PVP is, yes I play a champion, yes when my reactives light up I do some bat**** insane crazy burst, but if the target doesn't die during those reactives im pretty screwed, just wait until you come up against pyros absolutely ripping any class apart with a 45s one shot combo, oh that should be fun for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MonoLOL View Post
    Heh, its going to be fun when most of you crying actually get to 50 and see the reality of what PVP is, yes I play a champion, yes when my reactives light up I do some bat**** insane crazy burst, but if the target doesn't die during those reactives im pretty screwed, just wait until you come up against pyros absolutely ripping any class apart with a 45s one shot combo, oh that should be fun for you.
    rofl you're delusional
    Mercy/Celerity/Leviticus ~ Brocliff

Soulwalker

Imagine if people made QQ threads every time Gary's starting Pokemon was super effective against their starting Pokemon.

It would be... well, it would be like this, I suppose.

Soulwalker

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor for balancing, but it's a bit ridiculous at the moment. A week or so after headstart and the ppl at 50 are complaining about balancing... lol. I'm pretty sure balancing isn't at the top of Trion's list with hacked accounts, exploits, and other problems they're experiencing. I'm amazed at how fast they allowed ppl to get to endgame first off, because I'm sure some ppl are thinking in the back of their minds about expansions already.

Balancing isn't going to be simple. I don't know if they thought their gameplay thru. With all the different combinations they're allowing, balancing one soul isn't exactly going to cut it. They'll have to balance combination of souls, arithmetically there are 56 different ways to spec ur 1 calling (i'm sure there are specs that aren't viable, not sure tho).

Another thing that I want to point out, is that this is based off 1v1ing warrior. I'm sure Trion is thinking about the big picture and expecting people to be playing in groups, with warriors dmg being pretty consistent compared to burst dps, healers should be able to keep up and keep one alive. At least you're not a mage getting one shot by Sabs.

Yeah they're a lot of things that need to be fixed/balanced. Are you gonna get them 1 week after release....... no. Are they working on it, I'm sure they are, but have no real idea how long they might take, but 1 week isn't enough time to start QQing.

They only solution I can see, is to play in groups/guilds, this will increase your survivability, and stop trying to solo an OP class (if that's how u see it). I'm a mage, and I actually do quite well against warriors. That being said, if they nerf them, it'd make them a pointless class in PvP (riftblades are a problem tho.).

Balance isn't bad, in fact for a game launch with so many classes and specs, it's perhaps unprecedented. That being said...yeah Warriors have alittle too much. They have too many roles they can fill, and too much survivability on top. They arent massively OP in open world PvP, but they are normally at a decided advantage.

I think it's fair to say they could use a little "tuning" Less range, less dps, less CC. They need survivability of course, as that's their archtype, but they nearly can fill too many other archetypes roles. That's not very balanced, close but they are a bit off the pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Champion

What I dont get is how Rogues lose to Warriors?

Rogue has 30 yard range, Warrior has 20.

DERP.

Yes that's 20 on all of our ranged skills. Learn to position yourself and kite and you wouldnt suck so much.
    Last edited by Larrie; 03-06-2011 at 03:26 AM.

My name is Larrie. I do not like certain people.
    Co-Leader of <Insert Coin>

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    Balance isn't bad, in fact for a game launch with so many classes and specs, it's perhaps unprecedented.

This is what being a delusional fanboy can make you say. If Delusional Fanboyism was a disease, your face would be on the "this could be you" posters.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
    Sweet Jesus, it's not even a week into this game and everyone is "pointless PvP because of blahblah class"

I'm tired of trying to convince people that things get better over time. But obviously they CAN'T wait for a week or even a month. NOOOOOO the game has to be PERFECT and EXACTLY balanced from the start or it's time to WHINE on the forums.

Please people, think before you go whine about it.
    Man, you are right on the mark. This is what I call the ?? elite Boss that the dev's in the 2 other MMO's I played can't seem to beat. MAGE QQ (?? BOSS). I bet that the people who wan't instant pvp balance at the expense of pve balance are for the most part....casters. These guys will have aoe cc and icelance spam in this game in a matter of weeks if the rift dev's don't tank this well. They believe that they have a MMO god givin right to beat any melee class at any time. Mage QQ, QQ, QQ......Its more than most dev's can take.

Don't balance PVP at the expence of PVE. And don't nerf on QQ(?? BOSS) only 5 days into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrie View Post
    What I dont get is how Rogues lose to Warriors?

Rogue has 30 yard range, Warrior has 20.

DERP.

Yes that's 20 on all of our ranged skills. Learn to position yourself and kite and you wouldnt suck so much.
    So how many actions do you think scouts can fire off in the time it takes the tank to go ten meters? I mean they do have to face the tank to deliver real dps, you know that right? Even those Sabs cant fire charges out of thier butts (yet). You try to come off as so clever, and seriously you're argument is the worst in the whole thread. So are you saying rogues have a ten meter killing zone to cut down tanks? That's fairly dumb man. I'd like to see them get this warrior thing under control a little, and only so we can have better Pvp. They need alittle "tuning" not much, but alittle. Half the duration on CCs, half the range on RDPS, something? Damage that reflects their archetype, and takes into account their inherent surviabilty. It's not balanced very well. Well it's not the worst I've seen, but any noob can tell after a few weeks of beta and now playing it's borked a bit.Srsly.
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 03-06-2011 at 03:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    So how many actions do you think scouts can fire off in the time it takes the tank to go ten meters? I mean they do have to face the tank to deliver real dps, you know that right? Even those Sabs cant fire charges out of thier butts (yet)

Are you ****ing KIDDING? Words cannot describe how terrible you must be.

STRAFE. DO NOT HOLD S.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast