+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CC Immunity

Telaran

Default CC Immunity

Shadowbane did this the best, where the immunity to the CC was double the time of the CC. The timer was per CC type as well. So, if you were stunned for 4 seconds, when the stun wears off, you should not be able to be stunned again for 8 seconds. Also, the Immunity is actually 12 seconds (so you can't be chain stunned while already stunned).

The PvP soul "Purge" ability needs to be improved drastically as well. Right now, the CD on the purge is 5 minutes. Which is ridiculous, because in 5 minutes of PvP, I will be CC'd at least 20 times. The CD should be 20 or 30 seconds (if the immunity timers are not added) and 2 minutes if the immunity timers are added. Also, when you purge CC, you should still gain the immunity from the whole duration of the original CC. For example, if I'm stunned for 4 seconds, but I purge at 2 seconds, I should be immune (only to the CC types that I purged) for 8 seconds.
    Tosalius - Cleric - Guardian

Plane Touched

Daoc gave you a minute of immunity after being stunned or mezzed, I liked that but it probably wouldn't work in this game with that setup

As for the CC.. As a Shaman I have none, and often find myself stun locked and killed. It sucks, but the guy I've been running Warfronts with remarked that we are actually both getting used to just standing around and getting CCed. Whoops, got squirrled.. uhp.. now im running in fear.. running in fear.. oh good, here we- whoops.. stunned for 20 seconds. Just gotta wait this out, bleh sapped.. and mezzed. At the same time.

Hah its funny.

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

Telaran

Funny like sad, not funny like haha
    Tosalius - Cleric - Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by spintz View Post
    Funny like sad, not funny like haha
    you can spec into the pvp soul to reduce the cooldown to 2 minutes. Not to mention, wtf are you and your friend doing if your just letting everyone cast these ccs on you? There are only so many instant cast ccs and only a few of those that are worth trinketing(pref ones that are greater then 5 sec).
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

This is one game that I am actually enjoying the lack of cc immunity. I don't see how it's necessary when every role has some form of cc or disabling effect like snares, stuns, slows, mez, sleep, saps, fear, polymorph, etc.
    "Meet me in the shadows and I'll show you the depths of darkness"

+ Reply to Thread