+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ZZZZZZZ (world PvP)

General of Telara

Default ZZZZZZZ (world PvP)

Theres this spot in scarlet gorge with the town invaded by demons or whatever. What a bore. Its like me, some cleric, some mage, 3 ally rogues, and 92 defiant stealthers all 8 to 10 levels higher than the zone mobs.

I dont even care about getting killed. I dont care that they wait until im at half health and on a mob to kill me. Thats par for the course for trash players (so is rolling a stealther). The bads of the world need something to play, and rogue is it.

But at some point i would like to see something other than this stupid town, and the linear questing (HUGE FAILURE TRION) makes this stupid town a chokepoint. There may be another place with quests, but i dont know where it is.

Its been a couple hours and ive managed to save 8 of 16 townspeople and open 1 out of 3 cages. Total deaths to stealthers? 26. Number of fights started while i was at full health and not on a mob? lol

Its not about how annoying it is, its not about class imbalance at that level, and its not even about how they spend half their time in /yell talking about how hard they "pwn". Its the fact that its BORING.

Before release i was worried that rogues would detract from this game, especially stealthers. Guess i was right. Not really sure what to do now. Dont feel like playing much. Maybe ill become interested again in a week or 2.

BAI
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

So you knew it would happen, and yet you are still pissed by it? I'm confused.

IMHO, choke points are fantastic. Anything that gets world pvp going is a good thing.

If you are just going to sit there and get killed over and over, than that is your own damn fault.

Join a guild, ask for help in chat. DO SOMETHING!

DON'T COME TO THE PVP FORUMS AND COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING PVPED ON A PVP SERVER!!!

Have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

play better

Champion of Telara

its a rogue heaven yeah. But you are not forced to go there anyway.

Soulwalker

Get off a pvp server.

I got camped there quite a bit. I will just go back and ruin some guardians' days for awhile later.

Revenge!

They can't loot you or anything so I don't see the problem.
    Last edited by Slurm; 03-03-2011 at 10:44 AM.

General of Telara

Nobody read what I said.

I said im not mad, just bored. first response was based on the assumption that i was mad.

I said i dont know of anywhere else to go, someone said to go somewhere else.

Bleh. Dull.

I can handle a PvP server, but im just tired of facing nothing but stealthers who dont even have to balls to jump me unless im at half health while fighting a mob and 5-10 levels below them.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsensei436 View Post
    im just tired of facing nothing but stealthers who dont even have to balls to jump me unless im at half health while fighting a mob and 5-10 levels below them.
    seems like you can't handle a pvp server.

try grouping with someone, problem solved.
    Last edited by Baconbits; 03-03-2011 at 10:47 AM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Slurm View Post
    I got camped there quite a bit. I will just go back and ruin some guardians' days for awhile later.

Revenge!

They can't loot you or anything so I don't see the problem.
    Well the problem is that i cant seem to progress in any meaningful fashion. If i could still complete quest objectives in a reasonable amount of time then the ganking wouldnt bother me. Sadly that town is just packed to the gills with mobs that i dont need to kill, so the chances that i make it to a quest objective and complete it without getting ganked is pretty low. I have to fight mobs to move around in that area, they dont. Everything is in their favor.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    seems like you can't handle a pvp server.

try grouping with someone, problem solved.
    Sounds like youre one of the stealthers.

Yawn.

Im not sure what makes you think that two people would have any more success against an entire area plagued with stealthers. You really think they come one at a time? Seems like someone has never BEEN on a pvp server.

Rift Disciple

Classic example of a whiny carebear who should stay away off pvp servers. First he insults everybody who he had to pvp against (news flash pvp servers are about pvp - having pvp spicing up questing is part of what makes it good - dont like it , roll pve) .

2nd he continues doing same thing over and over again expecting different results ( a true sign of idiocy):
    -did he go to different questing area? -nope
    -did he call guildies/ organize his side to wipe out defiant? -nope

He continues bashing his head against the wall even though this area was specifically designed to be pvp hotspot (there are daily quest there for both sides) and is entirely optional if you dont want pvp. I personally had great fun in rock ridge -every time I go there there is always action. The OP would be better never roll on pvp servers again as he does not understand what world pvp is about

Rift Disciple

lol. Bacon is a cleric and plays on Briarcliff.

Champion of Telara

Yawn.

Im not sure what makes you think that two people would have any more success against an entire area plagued with stealthers. You really think they come one at a time? Seems like someone has never BEEN on a pvp server.
    31 cleric, briarcliff.
    Had trouble soloing those quests too
    Instead of crying about it, asked guild for someone to group up with me. 2 mins later, duoing with my riftblade buddy.
    End result? Both of us finished our quests there, killed a bunch of guardians, and went on our way happily without dying once.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_MadMax View Post
    Classic example of a whiny carebear who should stay away off pvp servers. First he insults everybody who he had to pvp against (news flash pvp servers are about pvp - having pvp spicing up questing is part of what makes it good - dont like it , roll pve) .
    I dont feel any shame for trashing on people who roll on a PvP server like theyre hard and then choose the class/spec/situation that puts all the advantages in their favor. Im just calling bads what they are. Im sorry if that hit a nerve with you.

2nd he continues doing same thing over and over again expecting different results ( a true sign of idiocy):
    -did he go to different questing area? -nope
    I said in my OP which you didnt read that i dont know where else to go. I dont have any quests in other areas or zones.

-did he call guildies/ organize his side to wipe out defiant? -nope
    My guildies are racing to 50 and my side was vastly outnumbered. Organizing them would just put us all in the same place to be killed.

He continues bashing his head against the wall even though this area was specifically designed to be pvp hotspot (there are daily quest there for both sides) and is entirely optional if you dont want pvp. I personally had great fun in rock ridge -every time I go there there is always action. The OP would be better never roll on pvp servers again as he does not understand what world pvp is about
    Optional? Where else should i go?

PS im tired of this **** where if you have even the slightest complaint about lameness then suddenly youre a carebear and you should roll PvE. **** YOU. Whats going on in rock ridge on my server is not PvP. Its just ganking and griefing.

Champion of Telara

I dont feel any shame for trashing on people who roll on a PvP server like theyre hard and then choose the class/spec/situation that puts all the advantages in their favor. Im just calling bads what they are. Im sorry if that hit a nerve with you.

I said in my OP which you didnt read that i dont know where else to go. I dont have any quests in other areas or zones.

My guildies are racing to 50 and my side was vastly outnumbered. Organizing them would just put us all in the same place to be killed.

Optional? Where else should i go?

PS im tired of this **** where if you have even the slightest complaint about lameness then suddenly youre a carebear and you should roll PvE. **** YOU. Whats going on in rock ridge on my server is not PvP. Its just ganking and griefing.
    Excuse, after excuse, after excuse. Here you go, straight from Dev Team:

If you choose to play on a PvP server, it’s our assumption that you not only don’t mind that level of interruption from that PvP attack-and-defense style of gameplay, but are actively excited about taking part in it. If you want uninterrupted PvE questing, choosing a PvE server is definitely recommended.
    - The RIFT Development Team
    if you asked your guild to help and noone did, find a guild who plays for fun and actually interact with eachother. It is a GROUP BASED game. Or go do wf's or dungeons for xp. Wait, you'll probably ***** up a storm when you try getting to FC the first time, lol!

edit:

TOS for you:

Griefing - This refers to players who do not play the game as it was intended, but instead seek to harass other players as their main focal point. This includes stalking or attempting to kill another player's character that has no means of recourse within the game. To "grief" simply means that you are trying to negatively impact the game play experience of another player. A player on the opposite faction cannot be griefed. It is perfectly acceptable to take actions in order to get a player of the opposite faction killed using whatever means possible.
    Last edited by Baconbits; 03-03-2011 at 11:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast