+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does Favor in WFs work?

Plane Touched

Default How does Favor in WFs work?

As a melee based Cleric I am always top three in kills, top five in damange done, first in damage taken which is usually double the next person, some self healing and a few killing blows.

Now with this I usually am near the middle of the pack when it comes to favor sometimes in the lower end. How the hell is this calculated?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonymac View Post
    As a melee based Cleric I am always top three in kills, top five in damange done, first in damage taken which is usually double the next person, some self healing and a few killing blows.

Now with this I usually am near the middle of the pack when it comes to favor sometimes in the lower end. How the hell is this calculated?
    Lol I posted the same thing an hour ago no replies yet. As a mage I have had most damage done, most kills, and two captured pts and I finished middle of the pack as well. Don't get it.

I've noticed the same on both my Rogue and Cleric.

I'm wondering if you get more for doing the objective or killing near it?
    With Faith and Fury I fight on.

Champion of Telara

currently it rewards the most favor and xp to the lower levels in the warfront, and less to the higher end of the bracket.

so usually in favor gained you see all the L20-24, or 30-34's raking it in even with low stats, and the respective 27-29 and 37-39s get very little.

dunno why this is... hopefully they'll alter it because its backwards of any other pvp game has ever been lol.... and hopefully they fix the durn world pvp flagging issue too...

it'd be nice to have an official answer on this, because just based on how WAR worked, after a while you have people making guesses and coming up with some crazy, crazy ideas.

it does seem, however, that you get a bonus for killing somebody that's a higher level than you. So if a 21 and a 29 beat up on a lvl 28 and kill him, the 21 is going to get more favor than the 29 for the same kill.
    Mnemon
    Cleric - Level 30
    Northern Kings - Briarcliff
    www.nkings.com

Help put an end to Wow PvP Syndrome!

Champion of Telara

based on a few things.

Level- Higher level=more favor
    Kills- Not you getting kills, but you getting credit for the kill by being near it.

Basically, if you stay alive and get credit for all of your teams kills, you will get the most favor in the game.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    I've noticed the same on both my Rogue and Cleric.

I'm wondering if you get more for doing the objective or killing near it?
    I seem to top Favor as my Cleric as 21 in WF (atleast on Guardian side, probably top 5ish overall). Not sure how..I try to heal as much as I can depending on the situation. Sham/Sent.
    Last edited by jca1982; 03-03-2011 at 10:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread